Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
welshwhite

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby welshwhite » Mon May 13, 2019 3:11 pm

Mustafaster wrote:Put Pontus at #9.
He'll scare the bejayzus out of Keogh.
Phat Frank's face would be a thing to see. :mrgreen:

Started off as a striker.

He's no Michael Duberry though.

Tycipa

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby Tycipa » Tue May 14, 2019 5:50 am

WBA to win tonight and go through? Maybe, maybe not but I’d fancy our chances more against them than Villa down there at that Wembley place. Come on you Baggies.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Ontolly

Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby Ontolly » Tue May 14, 2019 6:07 am

Tycipa wrote:WBA to win tonight and go through? Maybe, maybe not but I’d fancy our chances more against them than Villa down there at that Wembley place. Come on you Baggies.

Gayle only misses the one game? Either way I don’t really care who beats us at Wembley although it would be nice to get revenge for that league cup milk cup carabau cup whatever cup defeat to Villa.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Tue May 14, 2019 6:17 am

Ontolly wrote:
Tycipa wrote:WBA to win tonight and go through? Maybe, maybe not but I’d fancy our chances more against them than Villa down there at that Wembley place. Come on you Baggies.

Gayle only misses the one game? Either way I don’t really care who beats us at Wembley although it would be nice to get revenge for that league cup milk cup carabau cup whatever cup defeat to Villa.

Misses two apparently, or so I read. Fuck revenge, grab whatever we can when we can. As Kenny says, you need to be lucky.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue May 14, 2019 6:32 am

Gayle's season is over. He misses two games.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue May 14, 2019 6:55 am

Gayle's suspension has been extended to two games by the FA because an earlier ban for deceiving an official adds another game.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue May 14, 2019 6:57 am

So a close game tonight, 1-0 to WBA, goes to extra time and pens, with The Baggies sneaking through as Grealish and Hourihane both miss. Oh, and the odd injury for WBA. That'll do me.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue May 14, 2019 7:03 am

Yeah, 2 games as it's his second suspension of the season. But they've reviewed Grealish's dive for the pen and decided it wasn't simulation.

London_White

Postby London_White » Tue May 14, 2019 8:45 am

Phil LUFC wrote:Yeah, 2 games as it's his second suspension of the season. But they've reviewed Grealish's dive for the pen and decided it wasn't simulation.

Well he certainly made sure that his leg made contact with Gibbs - once Gibbs had slid in then Grealish was left with an easy option and gibbs knew it judging by his reaction. Far as I could see not many WBA players complained either

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue May 14, 2019 8:50 am

A good chance that the ref would have reversed his own decision if VAR had been used, I reckon. With a second look and slo-mo it was obvious that Grealish cheated. I'll admit that, live, it looked like a pen.

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Tue May 14, 2019 9:24 am

Great to see Fat Frank bite in yesterdays press conference :lol:
#MOT #GAWA

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue May 14, 2019 11:45 am

thestraw wrote:Great to see Fat Frank bite in yesterdays press conference :lol:

Link please?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Tue May 14, 2019 1:57 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
thestraw wrote:Great to see Fat Frank bite in yesterdays press conference :lol:

Link please?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... leeds-fans
#MOT #GAWA

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue May 14, 2019 7:34 pm

Ta!
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue May 14, 2019 7:36 pm

my last word on this game is that, given the occasion, our absences & recent form, & the suppsedly strong oppsition [though they've been anything but in our head-to-heads] this was by a distnace the result & performance that i was happiest with all season, i basically loved it.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Wed May 15, 2019 2:23 am

Interesting stat I read today:

No team has ever lost a home play off in the 2nd tier and progressed to the final.

Hope that cheers everyone up.

Come on Leeds
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Wed May 15, 2019 6:39 am

Went to bed feeling confident, woke up feeling losey.
Fuck me it’s going to be a long day.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed May 15, 2019 7:07 am

Vampire wrote:Interesting stat I read today:

No team has ever lost a home play off in the 2nd tier and progressed to the final.

Hope that cheers everyone up.

Come on Leeds

Sky have been pushing that one since we took the lead on Saturday. Their other one was about no side overturning a 2 goal 1st leg deficit so I'm just glad we didn't get a 2nd and have both those records on the line.

Both bullshit stats, it's happened plenty of times at other levels, we did it at Carlisle. But still, it's like the no side has been to at Xmas and not gone up (maybe that was in the last 10 years?). This stats are made for LUFC to change and they scare me more than Derby.

jackos

Postby jackos » Wed May 15, 2019 7:13 am

Phil LUFC wrote:Sky have been pushing that one since we took the lead on Saturday. Their other one was about no side overturning a 2 goal 1st leg deficit so I'm just glad we didn't get a 2nd and have both those records on the line.

Both bullshit stats, it's happened plenty of times at other levels, we did it at Carlisle. But still, it's like the no side has been to at Xmas and not gone up (maybe that was in the last 10 years?). This stats are made for LUFC to change and they scare me more than Derby.

Quite. Another stat is "How often does one team beat another four times the same season", or "When did Leeds last beat a team four times in the same season", or "When did Leeds last beat a team four times in successive matches"..

Luckily a draw will do tonight, not that we really do draws .....

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Wed May 15, 2019 7:27 am

Tycipa wrote:Went to bed feeling confident, woke up feeling losey.
Fuck me it’s going to be a long day.

About right :|

Return to “The Square Ball”