Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
welshwhite

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby welshwhite » Mon May 13, 2019 10:36 am

Tommy wrote:I think resting Pablo has merit on the grounds that he looks like he could use a break and can still be on the bench. Shackleton can play at number 10 and Clarke on the wing. I actually think Derby will struggle to cope with that combination and if not, we can bring Pablo on in the second half. It's not as if he's had one bad game, he's had a few on the bounce. This obviously won't happen, he'll likely stick with the same team barring Forshaw.

Too much pressure on the young 'uns to perform in such a big game.

Each to their own I suppose :thumbl:

dirty leeds

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby dirty leeds » Mon May 13, 2019 10:38 am

As Tommy says, it's unlikely to happen whatever we think.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Mon May 13, 2019 10:43 am

If we were a couple ahead I reckon it would be sensible to withdraw him but I can't remember Bielsa doing that all season.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Mon May 13, 2019 11:04 am

He'll start the same team with Shackleton for Forshaw.
Should be too good for Derby.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon May 13, 2019 11:16 am

Tommy wrote:If we were a couple ahead I reckon it would be sensible to withdraw him but I can't remember Bielsa doing that all season.

Even that is asking for trouble. I'm always amused when teams pull players to rest them then fuck it up and really need their best player back on the pitch.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Mon May 13, 2019 11:17 am

Mustafaster wrote:He'll start the same team with Shackleton for Forshaw.

Can’t, not now that Roofe is crocked!
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Mon May 13, 2019 11:21 am

Tycipa wrote:

We could play Brown up front, he's been banging them in for the under 23s

Big lump for set-pieces too :thumbl:

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Mon May 13, 2019 11:24 am

welshwhite wrote:
Tycipa wrote:

We could play Brown up front, he's been banging them in for the under 23s

And you could remarry your 2nd wife, neither of which is likely to happen; although that reminds me, was it the 2nd or 3rd wife that Booby ended up having a dalliance with. I get confused!
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon May 13, 2019 11:36 am

Shit, so Roofe out, Bamford in. And Roberts, Forshaw and Alioski all done for season. [As per press conference today.]

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon May 13, 2019 11:40 am

Romantic senior debut stories for some kids?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:50 am

Shit

Bamford becomes an important player again.

We need him to step up on Weds now, he owes us a decent performance. Hopefull Roofe will be ok should we get through.

I think Clarke and Shackleton will be seeing some game time, Shackleton looks sharp whilst Clarke seems to have got over that problem he had during the Boro game.

Devi

Postby Devi » Mon May 13, 2019 12:02 pm

Wait what?! Roofe is out?

Fuck.
I like it. What is it?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon May 13, 2019 12:02 pm

Setting up for Tommy’s Captain Yorkshire to score the winner in the final?

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Mon May 13, 2019 12:03 pm

Tycipa wrote:And you could remarry your 2nd wife, neither of which is likely to happen; although that reminds me, was it the 2nd or 3rd wife that Booby ended up having a dalliance with. I get confused!

Maybe not up front but It'd not be to bad an option finding a place for him if we're still clinging onto a slender lead in say the last 20 mins.

They'll play the inevitable route one towards the end pushing up the big fuckers.
His size would be a big plus for us.

Booby ran away with my second wife, they even took the dog.

I miss that dog :cry:

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Mon May 13, 2019 1:06 pm

Just need a couple more injuries now for Izzys time to shine.

Come on down son.

:basket:
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon May 13, 2019 1:10 pm

Must dash.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon May 13, 2019 1:10 pm

You forgot 'must dash'.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Mon May 13, 2019 2:48 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Setting up for Tommy’s Captain Yorkshire to score the winner in the final?

Hmm, no. I would absolutely love to Edmondson play some role but I can't see it, even with Roofe injured. As far as I can tell, the pecking order for the forward position is something like -

Bamford
Roofe (Injured)
Roberts (Injured)
Harrison (Currently playing left-wing)
Brown (??)
Edmondson or Temenuzhkov

It might even be the case that Pablo or Clarke would even be considered ahead of Brown at this point, though that is conjecture on my part.

Edmondson should absolutely be on the bench though so never say never. Who can forget when he finally broke the deadlock against Myanmar in the preseason, aside from borderline everyone.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Mon May 13, 2019 3:01 pm

I'd say Harrison spends more time on the left rather than the right.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Mon May 13, 2019 3:06 pm

Put Pontus at #9.
He'll scare the bejayzus out of Keogh.
Phat Frank's face would be a thing to see. :mrgreen:
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Return to “The Square Ball”