Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
welshwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby welshwhite » Sun May 12, 2019 5:58 am

OWETB wrote:I still want to see ballgirls tits.


It's still only half-time, 2-0 at home should do it :thumbl:

Hooray for Ballgirls baps :cheers:

User avatar
Devi
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Crystal Palarse

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby Devi » Sun May 12, 2019 7:00 am

Munson wrote:Recorded overnight and just caught up.
Solid performance, great goal which looks better and better each time I watch it.

Huddlestone was lucky not to be sent off for his assault on Stuey imo. Lined him up and executed a premiditated, cowardly elbow just after coming on.

Was that an instruction from the bench to get a retaliation reaction, perhaps to give us issues for the 2nd leg ?

Shitheads.


He wasn’t carded. What chance a retrospective punishment?
I like it. What is it?

rss1969
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby rss1969 » Sun May 12, 2019 7:13 am

Devi wrote:
Munson wrote:Recorded overnight and just caught up.
Solid performance, great goal which looks better and better each time I watch it.

Huddlestone was lucky not to be sent off for his assault on Stuey imo. Lined him up and executed a premiditated, cowardly elbow just after coming on.

Was that an instruction from the bench to get a retaliation reaction, perhaps to give us issues for the 2nd leg ?

Shitheads.


He wasn’t carded. What chance a retrospective punishment?


Huddlestone received a yellow for that elbow.

Tomori should have had at least a yellow for his early tackle, it was 2 footed, he was off the ground and studs were up.......the full house of a red card challenge. Huddlestone should also have seen a red for the forearm smash but Sky are happy to talk about a pen that never was in a match that Derby never even had a shot on target in!

User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby Mustafaster » Sun May 12, 2019 7:25 am

Showed it to a bloke in the bar last night who's a ref, says it's almost impossible to give a penalty if the defender is in front of the attacker and between him and the ball.
Respect to the lino for having the stones to call it.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

User avatar
Devi
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Crystal Palarse

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby Devi » Sun May 12, 2019 7:46 am

Ah I missed Huddlestones yellow.
I like it. What is it?

User avatar
throbbinrobin
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:25 pm
Location: Estadio de Luz, Lisboa

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby throbbinrobin » Sun May 12, 2019 8:12 am

Delighted with that. Real gutsy performance considering injuries,suspension and recent form. Super goal too. Not counting any chickens yet but we’re certainly in with a chance if we keep playing like that. Keep the faith. MOT
Marchando adelante juntos, vamos a ganar !
Nos somos Leeds !

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby dirty leeds » Sun May 12, 2019 8:26 am

Chieftain626 wrote:I’m not usually on ethat buys into all of the everyone hates us/ has a bad view of everything that happens red Leeds but the commentators today were joke.


Yeah, I don't usually buy that anti-Leeds stuff, either, especially this season when we have been playing some undeniably gorgeous football and they've admitted it loads of times. Hinchcliffe [was it?] even said it again yesterday. But I agree they did seem to go fairly light on the two-footed lunge and Huddlestone's elbow in the face compared to how they analysed the pen to death. The only thing I think we 'got away with' was Klich's daft headbutt to the fellah's chest. Not that it hurt him, of course, but Klich might well have seen red if the ref had caught a good look at it. Maybe. Huddlestone knew what he was doing, no question.
Facts are, we dominated possession, had all the chances bar that one dangerous looking cross for them second half [which Dallas saw out well for a right winger playing LB], Kiko had next to fuck all to do and we deserved the result [and could easily have had a second]. Even Fat Frank agrees we were the better team.

I doubt Marcelo will change the team for the second leg because Derby don't have anyone big up top who could pose a significant aerial threat.

User avatar
MightyWhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:38 am
Location: Notts

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby MightyWhite » Sun May 12, 2019 8:55 am

It was Higgingbotham on commentary wasn’t it?

I thought they gave due mention to the two footer at the time tbf and seemed pretty clear that it would have been a red if it was a fraction of a second late.
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby Ponte » Sun May 12, 2019 8:57 am

MightyWhite wrote:It was Higgingbotham on commentary wasn’t it?

I thought they gave due mention to the two footer at the time tbf and seemed pretty clear that it would have been a red if it was a fraction of a second late.

We’ve seen folk sent off even if it wasn’t late.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby Ponte » Sun May 12, 2019 8:58 am

dirty leeds wrote:
Chieftain626 wrote:I’m not usually on ethat buys into all of the everyone hates us/ has a bad view of everything that happens red Leeds but the commentators today were joke.


Yeah, I don't usually buy that anti-Leeds stuff, either, especially this season when we have been playing some undeniably gorgeous football and they've admitted it loads of times. Hinchcliffe [was it?] even said it again yesterday. But I agree they did seem to go fairly light on the two-footed lunge and Huddlestone's elbow in the face compared to how they analysed the pen to death. The only thing I think we 'got away with' was Klich's daft headbutt to the fellah's chest. Not that it hurt him, of course, but Klich might well have seen red if the ref had caught a good look at it. Maybe. Huddlestone knew what he was doing, no question.
Facts are, we dominated possession, had all the chances bar that one dangerous looking cross for them second half [which Dallas saw out well for a right winger playing LB], Kiko had next to fuck all to do and we deserved the result [and could easily have had a second]. Even Fat Frank agrees we were the better team.

I doubt Marcelo will change the team for the second leg because Derby don't have anyone big up top who could pose a significant aerial threat.


I think you will find from a recent game, if it doesn’t hurt it isn’t a red. Officially.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

User avatar
Rambo the randy pig
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:24 am
Location: Makin bacon

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby Rambo the randy pig » Sun May 12, 2019 9:39 am

My concern for Weds is if Derby start shithousing around which I reckon they might since they know they can't outplay us. I'm worried about injuries or any of our lads seeing red. We're getting a bit thin on the ground if we lose anyone else to injury or suspension.

rss1969
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby rss1969 » Sun May 12, 2019 9:44 am

I think Waghorn was a big miss or them yesterday although their approach to the game was all wrong with how they put men behind the ball at home.

Clarke may come on earlier against them or even start depending on who is fully fit. He tore them a new one in our home game and they will shit themselves if he is lining up against their full back.

Derby supporting mate at work was asking where the hell we keep getting these academy kids from? He said Shackleton was better than any of their midfielders and he had never heard of him!

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun May 12, 2019 11:12 am

Quite enjoying this in response to Frank "ref's don't let their assistants overrule them" Lampard:

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby Blackwhite » Sun May 12, 2019 11:28 am

Yeah that got a chuckle earlier.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Mr Reality
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby Mr Reality » Sun May 12, 2019 11:49 am

It was a silly comment from lampard regardless of the incident earlier in the season.

User avatar
Tommy
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:07 pm
Location: UK

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby Tommy » Sun May 12, 2019 1:09 pm

Don't suppose anyone is interested in my theory that Derby are shit? This isn't to say they won't yet knock us out - we recently lost to ten men Wigan and Ipswich. They are just absolutely awful under Lampard, who seems to be legitimately clueless. Today we beat them for a third time this season (the second time away from home), only this time around with a bench full of actual children and a starting XI made from spit and paper. But for Roofe being a touch greedy and Pablo having another howler we'd have beaten them by two or three goals. They are no good. Villa would make mincemeat out of them.

We should rest Pablo on Wednesday, he's been fairly bad for maybe as many as 5-6 games on the trot now and I can only put it down to (probably mental) exhaustion. Shackleton should start and Clarke can stand in for Pablo. Bamford on the bench.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby dirty leeds » Sun May 12, 2019 1:45 pm

Tommy wrote:Don't suppose anyone is interested in my theory that Derby are shit?


Derby are the sixth best team in the entire division. They just proved that over a full season. That we made them look ordinary is a credit to us.

User avatar
Tycipa
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby Tycipa » Sun May 12, 2019 1:48 pm

Tommy wrote:Don't suppose anyone is interested in my theory that Derby are shit? This isn't to say they won't yet knock us out - we recently lost to ten men Wigan and Ipswich. They are just absolutely awful under Lampard, who seems to be legitimately clueless. Today we beat them for a third time this season (the second time away from home), only this time around with a bench full of actual children and a starting XI made from spit and paper. But for Roofe being a touch greedy and Pablo having another howler we'd have beaten them by two or three goals. They are no good. Villa would make mincemeat out of them.

We should rest Pablo on Wednesday, he's been fairly bad for maybe as many as 5-6 games on the trot now and I can only put it down to (probably mental) exhaustion. Shackleton should start and Clarke can stand in for Pablo. Bamford on the bench.

Pablo is not shit, he’s just not as dazzling as he has been. Side before self, T, Pablo was effective, a 7/10 game.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby Mustafaster » Sun May 12, 2019 2:55 pm

Tycipa wrote:
Tommy wrote:Don't suppose anyone is interested in my theory that Derby are shit? This isn't to say they won't yet knock us out - we recently lost to ten men Wigan and Ipswich. They are just absolutely awful under Lampard, who seems to be legitimately clueless. Today we beat them for a third time this season (the second time away from home), only this time around with a bench full of actual children and a starting XI made from spit and paper. But for Roofe being a touch greedy and Pablo having another howler we'd have beaten them by two or three goals. They are no good. Villa would make mincemeat out of them.

We should rest Pablo on Wednesday, he's been fairly bad for maybe as many as 5-6 games on the trot now and I can only put it down to (probably mental) exhaustion. Shackleton should start and Clarke can stand in for Pablo. Bamford on the bench.

Pablo is not shit, he’s just not as dazzling as he has been. Side before self, T, Pablo was effective, a 7/10 game.

Me and you must watch different matches.
Pablo stank the place out yesterday.
Made one decent pass during the entire 90 minutes, contributed very little and failed to make contact with the ball for our best chance.
On his day he's the best player in the division, but yesterday wasn't it.
He's been poor for the last 5 games, needs a rest for the final.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun May 12, 2019 3:05 pm

Mustafaster wrote:
Tycipa wrote:
Tommy wrote:Don't suppose anyone is interested in my theory that Derby are shit? This isn't to say they won't yet knock us out - we recently lost to ten men Wigan and Ipswich. They are just absolutely awful under Lampard, who seems to be legitimately clueless. Today we beat them for a third time this season (the second time away from home), only this time around with a bench full of actual children and a starting XI made from spit and paper. But for Roofe being a touch greedy and Pablo having another howler we'd have beaten them by two or three goals. They are no good. Villa would make mincemeat out of them.

We should rest Pablo on Wednesday, he's been fairly bad for maybe as many as 5-6 games on the trot now and I can only put it down to (probably mental) exhaustion. Shackleton should start and Clarke can stand in for Pablo. Bamford on the bench.

Pablo is not shit, he’s just not as dazzling as he has been. Side before self, T, Pablo was effective, a 7/10 game.

Me and you must watch different matches.
Pablo stank the place out yesterday.
Made one decent pass during the entire 90 minutes, contributed very little and failed to make contact with the ball for our best chance.
On his day he's the best player in the division, but yesterday wasn't it.
He's been poor for the last 5 games, needs a rest for the final.

He's not been at his best but he wasn't *that* bad yesterday. It'd be a massive risk to drop him at this point.


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests