Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Mr Reality

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby Mr Reality » Sat May 11, 2019 7:43 pm

Speaking to Sky Sports after the game, Harrison said: "I was a bit surprised.

"I was only going for the ball, I had no intention to take him down or anything like that. We try and play a fair game and what happens happens.

"I felt he came from behind me but it’s all about perspective. That’s just my point of view, it could be different from everybody else.”

Here's what Harrison had to say.

Can't see any admission of guilt or luck.

Eddies Boots

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby Eddies Boots » Sat May 11, 2019 7:56 pm

Exactly - he did come from behind and that must have been what the lino told the ref.
I assume after a few slow-mo replays it would have been obvious to any studio analyst, so the controversy is about it being overturned? Anything to have a talking point I suppose.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat May 11, 2019 8:04 pm

Eddies Boots wrote:Exactly - he did come from behind and that must have been what the lino told the ref.
I assume after a few slow-mo replays it would have been obvious to any studio analyst, so the controversy is about it being overturned? Anything to have a talking point I suppose.

Yeah, the only reason that's not the only point of contention is the clueless cunts sky serve up for commentary - they were shown it from every angle 3 or 4 times and spent the rest of the game saying Derby were hard done to. That's enough for your average home viewer to believe they should have had a pen with no independent thought, neutrals and Derby fans alike (and probably a fair few Leeds fans too).

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat May 11, 2019 8:12 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Quiffy wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:If anything Harrison is fouled with the hand on the back which causes the contact.

yeah, harrison was in the correct position, goalside, of the striker and bogle was challenging from behind, had his hand in the back of harrrison which was enough for harrison to fail to make a clean connection with the ball, which is all harrison was trying to do. how can he foul a man behind himin that situation? the fact that bogle managed to poke his leg into it, from behind harrison is not harrison's fault. the lino got it right, the ref was unsighted and suffered from a brain fart.

had harrison been in the wrong position, ie the players were switched around it would have been a penalty.

Harrison’s interview in YEP, suggests he feels he was lucky.

his post match interview suggested the same. the bloke's just being modest that's all. he knows these things happen very fast and that the refs don't always get it right, rather than he thought he'd done anything wrong. i think that glimpse into his character is one of the reasons bielsa likes him.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat May 11, 2019 8:29 pm

Thing is, it wasn't a pen. Not only was it not [ultimately] awarded, I simply don't think it was a pen either. And I'd admit I thought it was, if I really thought so. Saying we got away with one won't change the result, so I would be quite happy to do so. I just don't think it was a pen, or even close to one.
The rest is bollocks.

Wing Wizard

Postby Wing Wizard » Sat May 11, 2019 8:31 pm

Great performance bearing in mind the last few weeks. When Forshaw was on we looked fairly comfortable but Shackleton gave us such dynamism the Derby defenders couldn't pick him up, for me he gets the nod to start on Wednesday

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat May 11, 2019 8:42 pm

Phil Hay reporting Forshaw probably out for the second leg, so Jamie should get the nod.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat May 11, 2019 8:52 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Phil Hay reporting Forshaw probably out for the second leg, so Jamie should get the nod.

Clearly there's an inconsistency of youth thing going on here but in the back of my mind I'm thinking Howson, Carlisle. I fancy Shackleton to score before the season ends, he's surely going to get the nod if Forshaw isn't fit - I don't see how we'd go for Roberts ahead of him after today (if indeed he's also fit). If Forshaw is fit there's still a string argument on the strength of today to stick with Shackleton.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sat May 11, 2019 8:52 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Phil Hay reporting Forshaw probably out for the second leg, so Jamie should get the nod.

This is good news I'd say. No reflection on Forshaw it's just Shack is a better option.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sat May 11, 2019 9:24 pm

Shack has a practically perfect record of strong performances whenever he’s played this season. Get him in from the start :thumbl:
Keep Fighting

ARDS

Postby ARDS » Sat May 11, 2019 10:00 pm

jackos wrote:What a fucking pass. Wow.

Back heel was pretty diffney too.
Forza Leeds Utd

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat May 11, 2019 10:01 pm

That thing I posted on the stats thread had shack with our highest game time win % this season. I’m happy to roll with that.
Member of a clique

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat May 11, 2019 10:21 pm

Random thought: That's the first time I've seen us win the first leg in the playoffs.
Preston: Job done.
Carlisle: 2-1 loss, should have been worse before Freedman gave us a lifeline.
Millwall: We lost 1-0 away (I think?).

It feels quite nice to not be chasing the game for the days in between (so far anyway).

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Sat May 11, 2019 10:47 pm

I think we were 100% worth the win.

I’m not sure why this is being looked at as a controversial result. The pen that was given but not given wasn’t a penalty. You can see that both players are going for the ball at the same time and if anything Harrison is there first and in my opinion niether get the ball and it goes out. On the head butt it’s not exactly ideal and thankfully that the ref gave a yellow and it can’t be viewed after the fact as it’s very silly we also don’t know what was said (he shouldnof passed tho also) .No one is talking about the clear two footed lunge at all it’s bull shit how one sided the coverage is. I’m not usually on ethat buys into all of the everyone hates us/ has a bad view of everything that happens red Leeds but the commentators today were joke.

Other match thoughts. Shack was a breath of fresh air in the first half but didn’t get enough ball second half. Roofe in the team doing what he does stick the fucking thing in the net. Disappointed with the second chance but think he was supprised he had so much space. Harrison was winding me up till that beautiful back heal and pass. Solid at the back think we never really come under a tremendous amount of pressure and we dealt with every break very well. Dallas did well but defensively it’s hard for him. Making the miles up. He’s not Alioski.

Al in all I think derby are just not as good as us. Welcome any rebuttals.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Sat May 11, 2019 10:57 pm

I still want to see ballgirls tits.

Munson

Postby Munson » Sun May 12, 2019 12:13 am

Recorded overnight and just caught up.
Solid performance, great goal which looks better and better each time I watch it.

Huddlestone was lucky not to be sent off for his assault on Stuey imo. Lined him up and executed a premiditated, cowardly elbow just after coming on.

Was that an instruction from the bench to get a retaliation reaction, perhaps to give us issues for the 2nd leg ?

Shitheads.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sun May 12, 2019 12:51 am

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS OUT .,. THEY PULL ME BACK IN AGAIN

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sun May 12, 2019 1:43 am

Devi wrote:2-0 would be.

1-0 would be the canines cojone.

I see what you did there
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sun May 12, 2019 2:07 am

Recorded it in the night and watched first thing this morning. Thought it was a pretty impressive performance. The goal was outstanding. I didn’t think it was a penalty. One of those that do occasionally get given - though far more often not.

Roll on ER and Wembley.

:cheers:
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Sun May 12, 2019 2:59 am

Now i can't honestly say i watched it proper coz i was arseholed and stuck up a beautiful Asian ( think film Trainspotting and that Archie Gemmill part) lady (whore if you like) but from what i can gather that was probably Stueys best ever game in the shirt, he still remains a liability and i can only hope Bert continues his magic.

May the luck stay with us and an Izzy double at Wembley. PJ should not get back in the side.

:basket:

Must dash ;@)
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Return to “The Square Ball”