GIEFEU Pt 1 (of 3) CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Phil LUFC

Re: GIEFEU Pt 1 (of 3) CK

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun May 05, 2019 3:44 pm

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Sun May 05, 2019 3:46 pm

One did happen to mention it quite a while back now.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2019/05/blogs/ ... v-ipswich/
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Sun May 05, 2019 3:53 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
MightyWhite wrote:My one remaining hope is that we can put in a performance like we did vs Villa next Saturday and still be in the shake up when the home leg comes round. I’d take a 1 goal defeat right now if offered it I reckon.

I wouldn't, we're utterly fucked if if we're behind - we can't break teams down and are vulnerable on the break. We need to be at least level by the 2nd leg.

Also the shit against ten men bit ,no striker as such , shit defence ,powder puff midfield . Other than that looking good . Oh....... Can't score penalties as well .

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Sun May 05, 2019 3:54 pm

MightyWhite wrote:Last 6 games going into:

2006 Championship playoffs
W1 D3 L2
Lost in final

2008 League 1 playoffs
W5 D0 L1
Lost in final

2009 League 1 playoffs
W4 D1 L1
Lost in semis

2019 Championship playoffs
W2 D1 L3
TBD

So, erm, in conclusion form probably isn’t that critical. We’ve approached playoffs in similar form and made the final, and in better form and gone out in the semis.

At least in those seasons though we had strikers who were more than competent for the division we are in.

I would rather have the striking options of any of the other 3 play off teams than ours(that is for the whole season but they have been particularly bad over the last 8-10 games).

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun May 05, 2019 4:13 pm

I recon he'll pick the same team again next Saturday, it's not a criticism but it does baffle me a little.

Would starting Shackelton and Clarke really be so bad when you see the regular 6/10 players in front of them.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun May 05, 2019 4:37 pm

He could play Roberts, for his ability to run with the ball.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sun May 05, 2019 4:49 pm

rss1969 wrote:
MightyWhite wrote:Last 6 games going into:

2006 Championship playoffs
W1 D3 L2
Lost in final

2008 League 1 playoffs
W5 D0 L1
Lost in final

2009 League 1 playoffs
W4 D1 L1
Lost in semis

2019 Championship playoffs
W2 D1 L3
TBD

So, erm, in conclusion form probably isn’t that critical. We’ve approached playoffs in similar form and made the final, and in better form and gone out in the semis.

At least in those seasons though we had strikers who were more than competent for the division we are in.

I would rather have the striking options of any of the other 3 play off teams than ours(that is for the whole season but they have been particularly bad over the last 8-10 games).

Fair. Though in those years we made the final it wasn’t necessary our striking options that made the difference in the semis.

End of the day we ride with what we have, and that’s a team that was sensational for 2/3rds of the season and a manger revered around the globe. If we can get out of next Saturday evening still in the tie then anything can happen at a rocking Elland Road. We’ll deal with Wembley as and when we come to it.
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun May 05, 2019 4:58 pm

Yep, Leeds have usually risen to the occasion this season against the better teams. Spanked at West Brom and deservedly lost at home to Norwich, but otherwise we have been decent. I'm expecting us to rise to the occasion.

Fuck, it's the play-offs - it's not like you lost a family member or your job or had a terrible accident. Enjoy the ride.*

* This second bottle of Broadside is doing the trick, I think.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sun May 05, 2019 5:16 pm

welshwhite wrote:Would starting Shackelton and Clarke really be so bad when you see the regular 6/10 players in front of them.

Clarke has been a shadow of the player he was earlier in.the season since his injury, bugger knows why Shacks hasn't been given more time, would rather have him on than Forshaw at the moment.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sun May 05, 2019 5:31 pm

We're going up. Get the shit performances out of the way. We'll beat Derby, spanked then twice already. We'll beat Villa at Wembley, last weeks game showed we have nothing to worry about.

I believe, fuck all the misery. I can be miserable all summer if we fuck it up. But for now I'm confident that Bielsa will do it.

throbbinrobin

Postby throbbinrobin » Sun May 05, 2019 5:41 pm

AndyPaul wrote:We're going up. Get the shit performances out of the way. We'll beat Derby, spanked then twice already. We'll beat Villa at Wembley, last weeks game showed we have nothing to worry about.

I believe, fuck all the misery. I can be miserable all summer if we fuck it up. But for now I'm confident that Bielsa will do it.

Well said Sir ! Anyone can win the playoffs, form goes out the window. Let’s fucking do it.
Marchando adelante juntos, vamos a ganar !
Nos somos Leeds !

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun May 05, 2019 6:09 pm

I have as little faith in our prospects as you’d expect.

Winning would obviously be pleasant. Failing that and as a backup option I’d like to see some form of grotesquely unfair refereeing or shithousing take us past FL’s DC.

I honestly think I’d take finishing 7th over losing to Derby and having to suffer Alan Brazil, Colin and the rest bleating about spygate and ‘justice being done’ or whatever.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sun May 05, 2019 6:11 pm

Is anyone ready to admit that the difference in the second half of the season is that our best player for unlocking a defence has gone (NB*.not Lewis Baker)

Teams play with a massed defence against us and we have to unpick it. We had 2 players who could do that, now we only have one which makes us predictable, and easy to defend against. Players like Saiz come along very rarely but they are the difference. Albeit at a higher level Cantona was the same thing. When he left we became a world weary workaday team. Here we are again. Bielsa is a fucking genius but an inability to handle Saiz is the only black mark

Ballgirl

Postby Ballgirl » Sun May 05, 2019 6:12 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:I have as little faith in our prospects as you’d expect.

Winning would obviously be pleasant. Failing that and as a backup option I’d like to see some form of grotesquely unfair refereeing or shithousing take us past FL’s DC.

We HAVE to beat Derby - aside from the obvious - I just saw that Cockney weasel Jody Morris is on their coaching staff.
Prediction League Champion 2015-16

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun May 05, 2019 6:16 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:Is anyone ready to admit that the difference in the second half of the season is that our best player for unlocking a defence has gone (NB*.not Lewis Baker)

Teams play with a massed defence against us and we have to unpick it. We had 2 players who could do that, now we only have one which makes us predictable, and easy to defend against. Players like Saiz come along very rarely but they are the difference. Albeit at a higher level Cantona was the same thing. When he left we became a world weary workaday team. Here we are again. Bielsa is a fucking genius but an inability to handle Saiz is the only black mark

The year is 2058. A nurse pushes OEE’s chair onto the sun terrace at the care home. He starts going off about Saiz once again, and one by one the rest of the residents quietly move back indoors.
HM Collector Of Parcels

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sun May 05, 2019 7:14 pm

He’s right about Saiz though, let’s be honest.
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun May 05, 2019 8:24 pm

MightyWhite wrote:He’s right about Saiz though, let’s be honest.

Don’t see it m’self.
HM Collector Of Parcels

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun May 05, 2019 8:25 pm

NB: we’re currently 16th in the form table. That’s not ideal.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sun May 05, 2019 8:31 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
MightyWhite wrote:He’s right about Saiz though, let’s be honest.

Don’t see it m’self.

Wait till you hear how incensed I am still about us letting Frankie Gray go to forest

jackos

Postby jackos » Sun May 05, 2019 9:03 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:Wait till you hear how incensed I am still about us letting Frankie Gray go to forest

We had no choice but to let Saiz go. The mistake was not replacing him. Would James have made a massive difference? We'll never know.

Return to “The Square Ball”