GIEFEU Pt 1 (of 3) CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
rss1969

Re: GIEFEU Pt 1 (of 3) CK

Postby rss1969 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:03 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Chieftain626 wrote:As much as I love Barra we need cooper back. Think he deals better with Alioski randomness and lack of positioning.

But it ain’t over things have got to fall right, we need to take care of our own business

Let’s fucking do it now to try avoid football till Monday

He struggled badly yesterday wouldn't be suprised to see Phillips into the back 4 on Monday.

Yep, Berardi was poor but they were all poor even Kiko had a mare.

The players owe Bielsa a couple of performances after that shocker.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:41 am

Calmer today than I have been for previous games. I suppose that would be the pessimism clawing its rightful way back.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Ballgirl

Postby Ballgirl » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:58 am

Nothing less than a win .... regardless of the Blunts result - the players owe Mr B
Prediction League Champion 2015-16

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:44 am

I'm probably at the point where I'd take us going to the last day level with the blades and just needing to better their result at Stoke

Devi

Postby Devi » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:01 am

Ballgirl wrote:Nothing less than a win .... regardless of the Blunts result - the players owe Mr B

This.
I like it. What is it?

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:21 am

Ponte wrote:Calmer today than I have been for previous games. I suppose that would be the pessimism clawing its rightful way back.

I’m torn between the tingly anticipation of another day that could end up entering Leeds folklore and the fear of feeling as utterly desolate as I did on Friday night. Blunts getting a regulation 2-0 win at Hull would be a massive gut punch.
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:24 am

My only fear is that I won't be back in time for kick-off after a day of Easter family bollocks.

Er, yes dear, I'll be there in a minute...

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:30 am

COME ON HULL!

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:53 am

AndyPaul wrote:I'm probably at the point where I'd take us going to the last day level with the blades and just needing to better their result at Stoke

What was that season when the Blunts fucked it in the dying seconds of injury time on the last day. Were they trying to avoid relegation and failed? Anyway, I’d take a repeat of that outcome.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:02 am

eric olthwaite wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:I'm probably at the point where I'd take us going to the last day level with the blades and just needing to better their result at Stoke

What was that season when the Blunts fucked it in the dying seconds of injury time on the last day. Were they trying to avoid relegation and failed? Anyway, I’d take a repeat of that outcome.

My thinking is Stoke have been gash all season so they've got to turn it on in the last game. Right?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:36 am

Hope everyone's not assuming we won't be deducted just enough points for the coin throwing to put us in seventh...

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:42 am

Would be tempted to play put Shackleton in from the start today.

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:50 am

The message must have got to everyone in the league now : sit back, soak it up, Leeds don't convert their chances, and are vulnerable on the break. Brentford have nothing to play for so I can see them doing just that, even at home.

jackos

Postby jackos » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:55 am

I fucking hate football.

COME ON ULL!

Devi

Postby Devi » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:56 am

Probably better on GOM but the mood I’m already in, for the sake of this family’s continued health and well being we’d best get the results we need.
I like it. What is it?

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:46 am

AndyPaul wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:

My thinking is Stoke have been gash all season so they've got to turn it on in the last game. Right?

They play Norwich at home today, so we’ll get a preview of how competitive/bothered they are
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:02 am

We have got to assume that all of the remaining teams we play will be up for the game against us the most.

That Wigan result has really fucked us but we have a chance to make it up. Hull is the most likely game that Blunts will drop points in so we have to hope they fuck up and we dont.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:09 am

Best outcome outside of the obvious today is a Villa win, Boro & Bristol to lose.

That would guarantee Villa the play offs. There is no better way for a team to take their foot of the pedal (and managers to start resting players) for next weeks game.

I know I am clutching at straws or anything I can but that is my glass half full version of events!

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:18 am

Glorious day, sat outside dozing, catching some sun and all the while I’m just feeling sick at the thought of it all.

This is the life.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:24 am

Have engineered myself a bye from the family outing so I can watch the snooker and Hull v Blunts, and then Them v Us. Will take dog to woods and worry a bit first. This is also the life.

Return to “The Square Ball”