Watchers In The Woods v Cunty Frank's Derby Lampstands CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: Watchers In The Woods v Cunty Frank's Derby Lampstands CK

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:04 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Hmm, fellow Leeds fan, involving you being a busybody twat about something innocuous, I dunno, didn't fit for me but you do you.

Don't need advice but thanks.

Be careful what you alledge on a public forum.

Get fucked.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:07 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Hmm, fellow Leeds fan, involving you being a busybody twat about something innocuous, I dunno, didn't fit for me but you do you.

Don't need advice but thanks.

Be careful what you alledge on a public forum.

Get fucked.

Perfect.... :D

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:13 pm

I haven't seen any quotes from lampard about having any tools with him.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:21 pm

Mr Reality wrote:I haven't seen any quotes from lampard about having any tools with him.

I can't find it now but there's a video clip with his latest thoughts on the whole thing. Definitely says something about hands and knees/tools in hand. Same interview where he says 20 years ago was totally different and refuses to believe it happened at Chelsea.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:25 pm

Yep seen that interview
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:29 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:I haven't seen any quotes from lampard about having any tools with him.

I can't find it now but there's a video clip with his latest thoughts on the whole thing. Definitely says something about hands and knees/tools in hand. Same interview where he says 20 years ago was totally different and refuses to believe it happened at Chelsea.

Ah right, if the fella has taken tools it's a bit stupid and potentially could be a criminal damage situation but I still don't see how there can be a footballing consequences. All this stuff about the football league charter is very fluffy.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:36 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:

Ah right, if the fella has taken tools it's a bit stupid and potentially could be a criminal damage situation but I still don't see how there can be a footballing consequences. All this stuff about the football league charter is very fluffy.

Yeah, if we believe Lampard to be a man of integrity and take him at his word, that's the element which sits uncomfortably. As he wasn't actually arrested I assume there was no criminal damage, fuck knows if that was down to timing or lack of intent. Also, fuck knows what we've done every other week of the season in similar circumstances.

Charter is not enforceable as far as I can see.

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:53 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Wakefield White wrote:

Good faith is a contractual term and refers to not deliberately deceiving the other party so as they may not receive the benefits of a business transaction.

It’s a real stretch to apply it to this situation.

You're applying law to a situation where it won't apply, at least initially. This is purely EFL interpretation.

Nope, I’m looking at the clause in question and speculating as to the original intention when it was written, then concluding that it’d be a bit silly to interpret last weeks shenanigans as a breach of good faith.

The EFL will definitely be taking legal advice on the interpretation.
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:55 pm

Wakefield White wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
Wakefield White wrote:

Good faith is a contractual term and refers to not deliberately deceiving the other party so as they may not receive the benefits of a business transaction.

It’s a real stretch to apply it to this situation.

You're applying law to a situation where it won't apply, at least initially. This is purely EFL interpretation.

Nope, I’m looking at the clause in question and speculating as to the original intention when it was written, then concluding that it’d be a bit silly to interpret last weeks shenanigans as a breach of good faith.

The EFL will definitely be taking legal advice on the interpretation.

Yep I agree, but EFL could still do something and dare us to go to courts in the hope of maximum disruption.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:00 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:

Well for a start Derby stopped their training session so can rightfully claim minor disruption.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:02 pm

We'll crowdfund and get Obama to represent us, he's at a loose end....
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:04 am

For me this is simple, Fatty says in this interview reported by the Telegraph that Leeds have done this twice this season now.

If they were so outraged wouldn't they have said something on the first occasion. Or even just a quiet phone call to Elland Road to discuss matters

They didn't. That means they set a precedent. Can't blame Bielsa if they tacitly allowed it the first time.

This article also has the quotes in about tools that somebody wanted to see

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/11/marcelo-bielsa-responsible-spying-derby-i-didnt-behave/amp/

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:26 am

Oh just dock us the 3 points and shut the fuck up. It's tedious all this moral outrage.
Give the points to Fat Frank if it will shut the whining infant up.
Guilty as charged m'lud.
Won't make any difference, we still go up as champions.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:05 am

Quiffy wrote:don't you need wire cutters to divide a fence? pliers don't cut things, they hold things in place. maybe he was mending the fence?

Sounds like you've broken into a few places in the past, Quiffy?
:mrgreen:
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:15 am

Yeboah wrote:Well for a start Derby stopped their training session so can rightfully claim minor disruption.

For less than five mins, wasn't it? Hardly enough to explain away a comprehensive defeat two days later. And Lampard has already said he didn't blame the defeat on Spygate - he said they were outplayed from minute one to 90, or something v similar.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:51 am

The EFL have stated that they will look at the case in relation to two regulation s which centre around clubs behaving 'with the utmost good faith' to each other and not bringing the league into disrepute, with no set sanctions listed in the EFL rulebook, should Leeds be found guilty.
Last time a 'spygate' row gripped English football was in 2014, when Premier League Cardiff City alleged that their side had been leaked to Crystal Palace ahead a huge relegation six-pointer during their April clash.
Cardiff complained to the authorities after seeing their side lose 3-0, asking for the result to be overturned.
But the Premier League merely issued the Eagles with a fine, believed to be £25,000.
While the EFL and Premier League are different governing bodies, this precedent should - in theory - give the EFL guidance if and when they look to make any sanction against Leeds United.
And if they go beyond that, expect a fierce reaction from the club and fans.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:56 am

For those who don't bother with Waccoe, this below was posted over there today by a [usually sensible] contributor, name of TheLeedsMango, re showing support for Bielsa over the Spygate saga - to make sure he doesn't get fucked off and walk away. I post it merely to provoke thought and debate:

"If this ends up as a fine, which I think it will and probably around £25k according to previous fines for violation of the 'moral code', then I think it would make a big enough statement if Leeds fans volunteered to pay it. Bielsa may not accept it, but the money raised could instead go to a charity. Two main points of the fundraiser would be showing solidarity with Bielsa and making a point that the money is being funded by cancellation of Sky accounts.

"Make it clear on the fundraiser that the cancellation is due to disgust over the xenophobic undertones of the questioning Marcelo Bielsa on live TV and that we feel ashamed to be associated with people in this country who would hypocritically suggest his methods are not welcome in "our country". Moreso, we believe the coverage of such a trivial event has eclipsed the efforts that Sky have deemed necessary for other events which have tarnished the sport of football on a far greater scale; including, but not limited to, racism, cheating the referee and financial destruction of clubs by unfit owners.

"Publicity for the support of Bielsa, making it clear that the money for the fine is coming out of Sky's pocket due to the cancellations, highlighting the lack of coverage Sky put into other wrongdoings in the game and showing that Leeds stick together. A couple of thousand Leeds fans sticking in a tenner and we'd be most of the way there. As I said, even if Bielsa is adamant he has to pay the fine, it can still go to a charity or something, but the point would be clearly made."

simon from cleck

Postby simon from cleck » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:16 am

I like it.
We should then win every game, and when the title's won, all the fireworks are going off and the trophy is there, just leave it on its plinth.
Mighty mighty, yellow blue & whitey

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:39 am

I’m in.

Does that mean I have to go to WACCOE now?

:shake1:
I like it. What is it?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:49 am

Devi wrote:I’m in.

Does that mean I have to go to WACCOE now?

:shake1:

No mate: just send me the tenner. :D

Return to “The Square Ball”