Watchers In The Woods v Cunty Frank's Derby Lampstands CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
metalsmurf

Re: Spies Like Us v Frankly Cunt We Don't Give A Dampard CK

Postby metalsmurf » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:13 am

49702450_10215466723473627_665360523721703424_n.jpg
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Terre Harte

Postby Terre Harte » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:20 am

Upon the spy's return to Thorp Arch ...

"He got the better of you."

You know the rest.
"If you sell the refrigerator to buy the beer, where the fuck do you put the beer?"

"My only weapon is my pen ... and the state of mind I’m in.”

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:41 am

Having seen the BPF challenge I expect he’s going to get a retrospective ban.

Hopefully this Madrid lad signs!
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:45 am

Wakefield White wrote:Having seen the BPF challenge I expect he’s going to get a retrospective ban.

Hopefully this Madrid lad signs!

Depends on the refs report doesn't it? He's looking right at it so will presumably mention the incident. It's not that bad, no force in the foot, fairly natural balancing movement at the moment he catches the ball, eyes on the ball. All the momentum is from Holmes and a mere 2 seconds earlier he had his foot at the same height in Jansson's face - if there'd been connection there it'd have been much worse.

So, yeah, 3 match ban coming.

Tommy

Re: Spies Like Us v Cunty Frank's Derby Lampard CK

Postby Tommy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:37 am

topbin wrote:It’s just a silly thing, if it’s even true (which I’m not sure how they’d know).

Hmm, no. I mean it is silly, yes. Turns out loads of clubs do it here and abroad. AVB did exactly this for Mourinho at Chelsea when Fat Frank was playing for them in fact. In Germany a club used a drone to spy on another club recently.

However, the media response has been borderline hysterical already. I suspect that's because it's us but also because it's symptomatic of the tendency for the right-leaning gutter press to try to make everything some sort of affront to perceived British values or whatever the fuck. Sky Sports were doing it before, during and after the match. Talksport have already been at it. Every other journo or ex-player is now weighing in, some talking about sanctions and bans etc. I'd imagine this would just blow over if it wasn't Leeds Utd and Bielsa but I have this weird feeling that something bad will come of this. People are already talking about 'making an example'. It's not so much the prospect of punishment that worries me (though it does), it's also that Bielsa might just say 'fuck it' and go home. He's 63, he doesn't need to be thousands of miles away from Argentina being called a cheat by every cunt out there.

Of course it could yet prove to be nowt (especially given that literally nowt happened) but there would be something very Leeds about this being the reason our season implodes.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:57 am

kennyb41 wrote:
Hey Bigot stick to ya politics and Universe thingymebob threads coz what you know about football can go on the back of a fcking postage stamp...........and guess what,this is a football forum!

:basket:

You're not suggesting he knows anything about politics are you?

You're spot on about his football knowledge though. Earlier this season he couldn't tell Ideguchi and Ekuban apart.

:lol:
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

London_White

Postby London_White » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:43 am

Good result just when we needed it.
Internet a bit patchy where i am so haven't seen any proper highlights or much news in last couple of days.
Thought I read something about the 'spy' being spoken to by police, surely if he'd had some tools on him they'd have taken more action?
Only seen the Derby player rolling on the floor, no view of the challenge from BPF as can't get the sky highlights, anything much in it.? Better get this new keeper across the line soon just in case

sweeper

Postby sweeper » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:59 am

So many good performances tonight but a special mention has to go to Alioski, he played like a man possessed. That guy just never stops.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:49 am

sweeper wrote:So many good performances tonight but a special mention has to go to Alioski, he played like a man possessed. That guy just never stops.

This, MoM for me. I have been a big critic of his this season, but fuck me he was brilliant last night, but I feel by saying this I am cheating in the rest of the team.
Andymac

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:52 am

Phil LUFC wrote:Still catching up but.. not one bad performance tonight, very few iffy moments too.

For me Forshaw was MoM, he allowed everything Ashraf of him to happen, there wasn't a shred of sight in any of them, if Derby broke Forshaw was there.

The importance of Cooper can't be understated either, immense.

Special mention for the bear hug I received from Andymac pre-match, always good to meet one of you lot gave to face, however briefly.

Thank you Phil.
Andymac

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:44 am

London_White wrote:Good result just when we needed it.
Internet a bit patchy where i am so haven't seen any proper highlights or much news in last couple of days.
Thought I read something about the 'spy' being spoken to by police, surely if he'd had some tools on him they'd have taken more action?
Only seen the Derby player rolling on the floor, no view of the challenge from BPF as can't get the sky highlights, anything much in it.? Better get this new keeper across the line soon just in case

Watching it at the time it's obvious his eyes move from the ball to the man, then his foot moves. I think he will get his enforced rest, and the Spanish guy will get his break.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:26 am

I think a ban would be harsh. Up until he collects the ball, his eyes remain fixed on the ball. Then he had a look at the chap, and while he didn't move his leg away, he definitely didn't extend his leg either.
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

ChinaWhite

Re: Marcelo's Footballing Solutions v Derby County's Frank Lampard CK

Postby ChinaWhite » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:34 am

eric olthwaite wrote:
the flying pig wrote:the wellington hotel opposite waterloo statoin . . . . risky

Yikes - one of central London's absolute weapons-grade shiteholes, that place. Although funnily enough - AFAIK - the first pub my lad got served in at 16 (and 6'2" or so), because I don't think they give much of a toss about owt.

Didn’t seem to be all that bad last night, was expecting a proper shithole after seeing this yesterday. Maybe because my expectations were lowered. Also, anywhere I can get an actual ale helps too.

Thanks again to TFP and others who made recommendations. Didn’t seem to be many Leeds in there but I got to see the game which was the important thing.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:47 am

I'm loving all the collected Lampard tears in the press this morning. Delicious, could drink this vintage by the barrel. Loving Bielsa's big smile at the cunt too.

Presumably before we played them at their place we had two guys spying. The daft Chelsea cunt. Go win a game, you fucking whiny shitheel.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:59 am

Quiffy wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Trying to think a player who drags their foot over the ball as well as Jack Clarke.

It's just beautiful and effortless.

it's like he's got the rough side of a table tennis bat on his sole. he uses it as an attacking weapon even before he tries to beat a man.

the thing is, he's just as good coming from the left as the right, we're so lucky to have him.

He's a real talent.

Will be interesting to see how he is used in the next few months.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:19 am

It is ok for Ferguson & Mourinho to do this but not us.

Same old shit every time and it is not a us imagining things.

Pontus gets a ban for swearing and it sets a precedent. Why did the 4th official not just confirm to ref that the pen was the right decision after all?

How many more clear cut (100% stonewall) penalties are we going to be denied? How did Bryson not get at least 1 yellow card and Waghorn not get sent off for that terrible leg breaking challenge?

1 penalty in 64 games? With a team that creates the most chances? Fucking joke.

Despite the ref looking directly at BPF's ball take, you can bet he will be on a 3 match ban by Monday evening.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:31 am

Proud to be Leeds wrote:I think a ban would be harsh. Up until he collects the ball, his eyes remain fixed on the ball. Then he had a look at the chap, and while he didn't move his leg away, he definitely didn't extend his leg either.

Yeah, if he moved his leading leg in a dangerous way at all he did it after he was already off the ground on both feet. Think there’s a limit to how much control you have in that situation, really.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:36 am

Maybe...

Just had a call from the Stoke fan who's hosting us prawn sandwiches at the game next weekend, he doesn't sound too happy to be playing us as the first game with the new manager :lol:

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:39 am

Quiffy wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Trying to think a player who drags their foot over the ball as well as Jack Clarke.

It's just beautiful and effortless.

it's like he's got the rough side of a table tennis bat on his sole. he uses it as an attacking weapon even before he tries to beat a man.

the thing is, he's just as good coming from the left as the right, we're so lucky to have him.

There was one point last night where he had the ball out on the line and just very briefly stopped, put his foot on the ball and looked up at his marker as if to say, “Right mate, I’m gonna tear you a new arsehole now”. Then he did. Barely 18 FFS. He’s magical.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Devi

Postby Devi » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:44 am

Haha! Watching the game back and Holmes’ yellow on Pontus.
Like a fly hitting a windscreen...
I like it. What is it?

Return to “The Square Ball”