Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Andymac-47

Re: Spies Like Us v Cunty Frank's Derby Lampard CK

Postby Andymac-47 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:24 pm

Andymac

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:27 pm

Fucking sky milking it for all it’s worth, they actually asked Darren Bent if Bielsa’s position was now untenable??!!! To be fair he said that was bollox.

The other wanker though...

Sky: But he’s not actually broken any rules
Wanker: I don’t care you have to come down hard to show it’s not acceptable, ban the cunt.

Note to the authorities, looking at a football team training from public ground is not spying. There’s another word that’s more appropriate, what is it, yes that’s it... Watching.
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:28 pm

class that.

really pleased with forshaw shrugging off the ghosts and proving he's a good footballer again.

pontus and cooper were magnificent. the rest were merely excellent.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:36 pm

MightyWhite wrote:. Sky must have used the word 'spying' upwards of 20 times on the broadcast

Sky commentators, "They prepared really well for this game"
Every other sentence.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:42 pm

Trying to think of a player who drags their foot over the ball as well as Jack Clarke.

It's just beautiful and effortless.

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:44 pm

Any one got linkage to the post match interviews?

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:49 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Trying to think a player who drags their foot over the ball as well as Jack Clarke.

It's just beautiful and effortless.

it's like he's got the rough side of a table tennis bat on his sole. he uses it as an attacking weapon even before he tries to beat a man.

the thing is, he's just as good coming from the left as the right, we're so lucky to have him.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:55 pm

Wakefield White wrote:Fucking sky milking it for all it’s worth, they actually asked Darren Bent if Bielsa’s position was now untenable??!!! To be fair he said that was bollox.

Wanker: I don’t care you have to come down hard to show it’s not acceptable, ban the cunt.

Note to the authorities, looking at a football team training from public ground is not spying. There’s another word that’s more appropriate, what is it, yes that’s it... Watching.

Just watching the Prutton-fronted The Verdict after the game and it was altogether more sympathetic. Charlie Nicholas especially seemed to see it as a complete nonsense that happens week in, week out and has done since day dot
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Mindo

Postby Mindo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:57 pm

What's all this, Lampard talking about pliars and bolt cutters?

Son of Leeds

Postby Son of Leeds » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:03 pm

We eyed them up and saw them off.
Leeds United is ruining my life.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:05 pm

MightyWhite wrote:
Wakefield White wrote:Fucking sky milking it for all it’s worth, they actually asked Darren Bent if Bielsa’s position was now untenable??!!! To be fair he said that was bollox.

Just watching the Prutton-fronted The Verdict after the game and it was altogether more sympathetic. Charlie Nicholas especially seemed to see it as a complete nonsense that happens week in, week out and has done since day dot

It's Friday night sky need a story. It helps that lampard is a big name and they can build something around it but ultimately there is nothing to see here.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:06 pm

Still catching up but.. not one bad performance tonight, very few iffy moments too.

For me Forshaw was MoM, he allowed everything Ashraf of him to happen, there wasn't a shred of sight in any of them, if Derby broke Forshaw was there.

The importance of Cooper can't be understated either, immense.

Special mention for the bear hug I received from Andymac pre-match, always good to meet one of you lot gave to face, however briefly.

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:08 pm

MightyWhite wrote:Charlie Nicholas especially seemed to see it as a complete nonsense that happens week in, week out and has done since day dot

Nicholas was class. Arsenal though isn't he. Proper player fr a proper club. Not one of the fucking whiney cunts football / TV produces today.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:08 pm

Ponte wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Outstanding performance.

Personally think it's the best of the season after two defeats.

Chuffed for Clarke who has shown has shown he is an option to start. Even more justification for using the academy over squad fillers.

Sly from BPF but keepers need to know the dark arts.

As for the spy situation. It's not illegal so spare me the moral outrage. Let's not forget lampard was part of team whose manager accused a ref of cheating which ultimatley forced him to retire. Class from Bielsa no bullshit, fucking love that man.

Look at all the cynical fouls from Derby that's cheating but you can bet your bottom dollar that was on Derby tactics board.

I would just like to say I agree with everything you said.

Me too.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:10 pm

i was going to try and write a longish post about how good we were tonight in the old style 1-11 format. trouble is i've been drinking a bit and my memory isn't what it should be...

the peacock - he did something good, very little wrong and it was espionage agent carson who was the dodgy keeper tonight. there was that bit early in the second half which was peak peacock when he was near the benches to clear a pass, the most proactive keeper on our books. also respects for the sly studs up in that challenge.

ayling - still a decent player, but may not be good enough to stopthe surge of the shack by next season.

pontus - he's going to have to be doing some extra running in training after his show boating, but he earnt that right to show off with a wonderfully aggressive performance. first to the ball? pontus everytime.

coops - he's really good isn't he?

alioski - duracell bunny. can you dislike this man? if you can you need to talk. epic efforts.

forshaw - as said above and before i like forshaw and was pleased to see him back to being himself after a couple of dodgy performances. he really is a very effective player.

klich - still not 100%

clarke - no need to say much, but he's why people love football. there's something of the feline hunting it's prey when he has the ball. and the beautiful thing is he doesn't then waste it, his delivery is thoughtful.

harrison - i'm warming to him more and more, he's a worker with a decent bit of skill, a bit of a stuart dallas. you know he isn't going to let you down.

pablo - he's pablo, he's a treasure. no need to describe him, just watching him makes you feel good. always inventive, always a step ahead, rarely wasteful, normally positive.

roofey - our gary lineker. that was a top finish. works his backside off.

these are the good times, the beauty is a lot of us older fuckers realise this and appreciate it. i never thought i'd see a season like 89/90, but in many ways this is better.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:11 pm

Mindo wrote:Waghorn absolute did Pontus in the last minute, hope he's not injured

Fantastic all round performance. Until this season I would never have said it, but Cooper makes a massive difference

Listened to 5Live before the game, they all said spying was cheating, Jenas virtually compared it to doping and said that he thought the correct decision would be for the football league to dock points.

Not fully caught up, was the bloke on private property or on public land? If it's the latter then I don't see how they can punish us

He was in a lot of trouble, took a long time to get him of the pitch after the game, he was up and down 3 or 4 times, physio beck to him twice then eventually helped to hobble off.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:33 pm

Chieftain626 wrote:Any one got linkage to the post match interviews?

Go on sky sports twatter feed they're on there
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

dirty leeds

Re: Spies Like Us v Frankly Cunt We Don't Give A Dampard CK

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:49 pm

Well, that was all very satisfactory. Some fine performances from our lads. Totally dominant. Derby players angry and frustrated. Lampard schooled. And it's still only Friday night.

Phil LUFC

Re: Spies Like Us v Frankly Cunt We Don't Give A Dampard CK

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:10 am

Love this tweet:

But this might be better:

Shorn Derry

Spies Like Us v Frankly Cunt We Don't Give A Dampard CK

Postby Shorn Derry » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:12 am

I remember, unfortunately, way back, in the Don’s later days. We’d boss a team for the first 30 minutes and score 2 or 3, then just stroke the ball around for the next hour. This team remind me of that, except it’s much higher energy, modern game, and we need another striker to score along with the Roofe!!

Prime example vs Coventry 1973!!

Return to “The Square Ball”