Page 3 of 5

Re: Marcelo’s Sicknote Specials vs Stan Bowles was overrated CK

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:05 pm
by eric olthwaite
Leeds have WON a Championship match at Elland Road after CONCEDING FIRST for the first time since April 2016 (3-2 v Reading) #LUFC


All the records going today.

Re: Marcelo’s Sicknote Specials vs Stan Bowles was overrated CK

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:10 pm
by MightyWhite
Started 4 points clear, finished 5 clear. Small gains :cheers:

Re: Marcelo’s Sicknote Specials vs Stan Bowles was overrated CK

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:10 pm
by Andymac-47
Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:Shame about Norwich’s winner but the gap to third is now five points tonight :)


Oh I'll take that all the day long. :salute:

Re: Marcelo’s Sicknote Specials vs Stan Bowles was overrated CK

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:30 pm
by Quiffy
blooming good day all round, both of my teams were losing 1-0 and overturned this to win and stay around the top of their leagues. my only gripe is birmingham losing at home to bristol denying me £360 from my £2 acca. bloody garrrry monk.

Re: Marcelo’s Sicknote Specials vs Stan Bowles was overrated CK

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:27 pm
by Quiffy
couldn't really work out who was man of the match today, roofey scored two and worked his backside off making the runs that some of the midfield should have been making but could have scored more with the chances he had. pontus was very good at the back but fucked up for the goal, his distribution was far better in the second half when he was more decisive and ran into the open spaces they offered then passed it firmly after drawing a man. the peacock did well again, one iffy moment when it turned out he was fouled, but i'm going to go for shack, thought he looked good all game and became less cautious as it went on.

the halftime teamtalk made a big difference again. if i get time i'm going to look at how we've done in second halves compared to firsts.

Re: Marcelo’s Sicknote Specials vs Stan Bowles was overrated CK

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:39 pm
by Phil LUFC
Yeah, I'd pick Shackleton too though Forshaw had a good game I thought.

Phillips had a few iffy moments and I'd have taken him off for Halme for fear he might pick up a 2nd yellow/gift them an equaliser.

For 20 minutes I thought that was as well as we'd played all season, really should have been 2 or 3 up by the time they scored.

Re: Marcelo’s Sicknote Specials vs Stan Bowles was overrated CK

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:48 pm
by metalsmurf
Thought Alioski was much improved today, probs mostly due to having Saiz and Klich to iteract with.

Re: Marcelo’s Sicknote Specials vs Stan Bowles was overrated CK

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:56 pm
by Mr Reality
4 on the bounce with the injury problems is a magnificent effort.

:thumbl:

Re: Marcelo’s Sicknote Specials vs Stan Bowles was overrated CK

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:35 pm
by Quiffy
a half by half analysis, as if each half was independent, to get an idea of the influence of the half time teamtalk/tactical changes/substitutions/fitness. (strictly's on, so got nothing better to do)
team, fh result, sh result
stoke, won, draw
derby, won, won
rotherham, draw, won
swansea, draw, draw
norwich, won, won
middlesboro, draw, draw
millwall, draw, draw
preston, won, won
brum, lost, won
sheff wed, lost, won
hull, draw, won
brentford, draw, draw
blackburn, drew, lost
ipswich, won, won
forest, lost, won
wigan, draw, won
west brom, draw, lost
bristol, draw, won
reading, draw, won
sheff U, draw, won
qpr, draw, won


i think that's all of the league games and if they were independent events, where the result at half time didn't influence the second half in any way....
first half = 27 points
second half = 47 points

quite interesting :idea:

note: we've benefited from half times more in recent games, it wasn't a pattern in the first few games.

Re: Marcelo’s Sicknote Specials vs Stan Bowles was overrated CK

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:41 pm
by Andymac-47
Mr Reality wrote:4 on the bounce with the injury problems is a magnificent effort.

:thumbl:


Agreed.

Re: Marcelo’s Sicknote Specials vs Stan Bowles was overrated CK

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:18 pm
by Phil LUFC
Quiffy wrote:a half by half analysis, as if each half was independent, to get an idea of the influence of the half time teamtalk/tactical changes/substitutions/fitness. (strictly's on, so got nothing better to do)
team, fh result, sh result
stoke, won, draw
derby, won, won
rotherham, draw, won
swansea, draw, draw
norwich, won, won
middlesboro, draw, draw
millwall, draw, draw
preston, won, won
brum, lost, won
sheff wed, lost, won
hull, draw, won
brentford, draw, draw
blackburn, drew, lost
ipswich, won, won
forest, lost, won
wigan, draw, won
west brom, draw, lost
bristol, draw, won
reading, draw, won
sheff U, draw, won
qpr, draw, won


i think that's all of the league games and if they were independent events, where the result at half time didn't influence the second half in any way....
first half = 27 points
second half = 47 points

quite interesting :idea:

note: we've benefited from half times more in recent games, it wasn't a pattern in the first few games.

I may need you to show your workings. Assume you're coming at it from the same angle the bookies would rather than truly independent events? Norwich won 3-2 for example so they can't possibly have won both the first and 2nd halves.

Re: Marcelo’s Sicknote Specials vs Stan Bowles was overrated CK

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:21 pm
by Phil LUFC
Having seen sky's 1 camera highlights I'm really not convinced the penalty should have been given but as we've had a number of very good shouts turned down in the last 59 games, including the Bristol defender punching the ball out of play the other week I reckon we're still owed a fair few.

Re: Marcelo’s Sicknote Specials vs Stan Bowles was overrated CK

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:33 pm
by Quiffy
Phil LUFC wrote:I may need you to show your workings. Assume you're coming at it from the same angle the bookies would rather than truly independent events? Norwich won 3-2 for example so they can't possibly have won both the first and 2nd halves.

presume you're meaning today's norwich result against bolton, which was 1-0 to norwich at half time and 2-2 in the second half, (giving norwich a 3-2 win). so if i was doing this for norwich it'd be...

bolton, win, draw

Re: Marcelo’s Sicknote Specials vs Stan Bowles was overrated CK

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:35 pm
by Phil LUFC
Quiffy wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:I may need you to show your workings. Assume you're coming at it from the same angle the bookies would rather than truly independent events? Norwich won 3-2 for example so they can't possibly have won both the first and 2nd halves.

presume you're meaning today's norwich result against bolton, which was 1-0 to norwich at half time and 2-2 in the second half, (giving norwich a 3-2 win). so if i was doing this for norwich it'd be...

bolton, win, draw

Aha, it's me being a thick cunt, I hadn't actually realised that's our fixtures season to date on order and wondered what the fuck you were on about :thumbl: .

Re: Marcelo’s Sicknote Specials vs Stan Bowles was overrated CK

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:10 am
by Blackwhite
Just landed And saw the result in the taxi. Reading the nature of it here is even more pleasing.

Tonight's shaping up ok: Leeds win, got a pint, now just need a quesadilla and bed and I'm set

Re: Marcelo’s Sicknote Specials vs Stan Bowles was overrated CK

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:55 pm
by Ontolly
Blackwhite wrote:Just landed And saw the result in the taxi. Reading the nature of it here is even more pleasing.

Tonight's shaping up ok: Leeds win, got a pint, now just need a couple of grams. a whore and bed and I'm set

FTFY :thumbl:

Re: Marcelo’s Sicknote Specials vs Stan Bowles was overrated CK

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:02 pm
by Blackwhite
Ontolly wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Just landed And saw the result in the taxi. Reading the nature of it here is even more pleasing.

Tonight's shaping up ok: Leeds win, got a pint, now just need a couple of grams. a whore and bed and I'm set

FTFY :thumbl:

You know me so well.

Re: Marcelo’s Sicknote Specials vs Stan Bowles was overrated CK

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:30 pm
by Ontolly
Blackwhite wrote:
Ontolly wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Just landed And saw the result in the taxi. Reading the nature of it here is even more pleasing.

Tonight's shaping up ok: Leeds win, got a pint, now just need a couple of grams. a whore and bed and I'm set

FTFY :thumbl:

You know me so well.

Need is a relative dynamic subjective concept. Need is fluid. The government will tell you that. Hope you enjoyed your whateverthefuck taco thing :thumbl:

Re: Marcelo’s Sicknote Specials vs Stan Bowles was overrated CK

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:33 am
by Blackwhite
Thread. :lol:


Re: Marcelo’s Sicknote Specials vs Stan Bowles was overrated CK

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:09 am
by Oheddieeddie
I assume that by the lack of traffic on this thread that everyone is happy. Finally