Brexshit Blunderland

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Bob

Re: Brexshit Blunderland

Postby Bob » Tue May 21, 2019 7:21 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Poor little Niggel F. the latest beneficiary of a milkshake handshake...

... Oh dear, what a shame, never mind.

(I especially love how this activity induces fascists to mutter darkly about how "this kind of thing ends in somebody getting hurt", as if Jo Cox just didn't register in their tiny minds.)

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/11301 ... -milkshake

You do have to have a laugh sometimes. No doubt she will claim that it was taken out of context.

I read that the vile witch now got the sack. :salute:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue May 21, 2019 7:40 pm

Vile witch? She made a dumb comment. It's not like she, for instance, illegally funded an attack on constitutional democracy.... Which is like all things unworthy of acid attack.

What's your point Rob? It's not clear.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue May 21, 2019 7:41 pm

highly unoriginal observations but, yeah:

(1) these kind of 'attacks' are moderately useful on a one-off basis, to give the public a feel for [one aspect of] the measure of the 'victim', as with milliband a couple of years ago

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/176541 ... uthampton/

(2) it'd be a nonsense if the same candidate [other than perhaps a thug like 'robinson'] kept getting the same treatment time after time.

Bob

Postby Bob » Tue May 21, 2019 8:17 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Vile witch? She made a dumb comment. It's not like she, for instance, illegally funded an attack on constitutional democracy.... Which is like all things unworthy of acid attack.

Yeah it was a dumb comment and she's paid the price :lol: I think that hoping it's acid that's thrown over him next time is a pretty shit thing to wish for, but you disagree?

Perhaps a visit to some acid attack victims will help her focus a little......now she's got a lot of fucking time on her hands.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue May 21, 2019 8:46 pm

Bob wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Vile witch? She made a dumb comment. It's not like she, for instance, illegally funded an attack on constitutional democracy.... Which is like all things unworthy of acid attack.

Yeah it was a dumb comment and she's paid the price :lol: I think that hoping it's acid that's thrown over him next time is a pretty shit thing to wish for, but you disagree?

Perhaps a visit to some acid attack victims will help her focus a little......now she's got a lot of fucking time on her hands.

I apologise to all Robs for confusing Bob with youse.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed May 22, 2019 5:54 pm

Sacking your party leader / PM the night before an election is a novel tactic for sure, but I’m not totally convinced it will work.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu May 23, 2019 2:35 pm

Suggestions that significant numbers of EU residents, registered to vote, are being turned away at polling stations. Fuck me, this really is becoming a banana republic.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu May 23, 2019 2:47 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Suggestions that significant numbers of EU residents, registered to vote, are being turned away at polling stations. Fuck me, this really is becoming a banana republic.

Forms not processed in time because council (or whoever) cuts.

We aspire hopelessly to the heights of banana republic status. We can't even grow and pick the fruit.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu May 23, 2019 2:52 pm

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu May 23, 2019 6:07 pm

jackos

Postby jackos » Thu May 23, 2019 6:56 pm

So who do Ballers want to lead the UK into its bright populist EU free future? Johnson, Lidington, Raab, Grove or Hunt? Must be so exciting for you all, maybe not as exciting as promotion to the EPL, but nearly :cheers: :bounce:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu May 23, 2019 7:06 pm

There's part off me that wants to see BoJo kill the party, but then reality kicks in.

But it will be him, and it will be tragicomic.

I also deeply enjoy the majestic stupidity of the likes of Truss thinking they're Potential PMs.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu May 23, 2019 8:17 pm

Blackwhite wrote:There's part off me that wants to see BoJo kill the party, but then reality kicks in.

But it will be him, and it will be tragicomic.

I also deeply enjoy the majestic stupidity of the likes of Truss thinking they're Potential PMs.

It would be hilarious if we were on the outside looking in. :(
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Devi

Postby Devi » Thu May 23, 2019 9:07 pm

The tragicomedy will becomes apparent the moment he tries to claim he’s going to ‘work for everyone’. That there’ll likely (?) be a swift GE will reduce it still further, given s choice between grandad and the monkey, which only (just) works as a good name for a band.
I like it. What is it?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri May 24, 2019 6:54 am

jackos wrote:So who do Ballers want to lead the UK into its bright populist EU free future? Johnson, Lidington, Raab, Grove or Hunt? Must be so exciting for you all, maybe not as exciting as promotion to the EPL, but nearly :cheers: :bounce:

As I believe I mentioned elsewhere, my prediction for this season was fourth and promotion via the play-offs. I got close. I also said, a while back now, that Boris would one day be PM. Let's hope I'm just as wide of the mark here, eh?

Are politicians everywhere just as fucking useless as ours? There are plenty of signs to suggest it's so. They warn nothing at all from events.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Fri May 24, 2019 8:59 am

jackos wrote:So who do Ballers want to lead the UK into its bright populist EU free future? Johnson, Lidington, Raab, Grove or Hunt? Must be so exciting for you all, maybe not as exciting as promotion to the EPL, but nearly :cheers: :bounce:

There are competent moderates in the current Cabinet, such as Phillip Hammond, but they would have no chance in a barmy electoral system where a short list of two is put before 120,000 increasingly out of touch and barmy extremists.

It is for that reason that I suspect even saner Conservatives are starting to see Johnson as a “least bad” option compared with those such as Dominic Raab.

Johnson may be a chancer with no grasp of anything vaguely resembling a brief, but this disinterest in policy detail does at least (in theory) make him open to persuasion before his opinion on a policy has become fixed.

So, it is starting to look like the UK electorate will indeed face a diabolical choice at the next election between Johnson and Corbyn. Sadly, this seems to be what happens in the modern era when the election of party leaders is handed over to increasingly extremist and polarising echo chamber memberships.

I fear for your economy. The capacity for bad politicians to wreak havoc on an economy - no matter how advanced - is far greater than the capacity of good politicians to generate economic strength.
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri May 24, 2019 9:04 am

That daft old shagger Mellor was on the BBC this morning saying that he'd heard there would be 17 candidates and, as a betting man, if you see a race with 17 nags and little of note between them, you know you're not looking at a field with any quality. Fair enough.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri May 24, 2019 9:15 am

Terrible choice for PM finally gives up after failing to do anything at all. What a shock.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri May 24, 2019 9:41 am

Failure to deliver Brexit is absolutely, unequivocally 100% her fault. Lancaster House, red lines, all that shite. And all came about because she saw the whole process as an exercise in managing her own party and nothing to do with national interest.

Honestly, even as a remainer and with no direct experience of politics, I could have got us out by now.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Fri May 24, 2019 10:09 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Failure to deliver Brexit is absolutely, unequivocally 100% her fault. Lancaster House, red lines, all that shite. And all came about because she saw the whole process as an exercise in managing her own party and nothing to do with national interest.

Honestly, even as a remainer and with no direct experience of politics, I could have got us out by now.

And the time between now and the deadline will be taken up by a Tory leadership circus.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Return to “The Square Ball”