Brexshit Blunderland

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: Brexshit Blunderland

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:44 am

London_White wrote:Unfortunately Jackos the more I see of this the more I think we won't get the extension because May won't compromise on anything, this will lead to pressure from Macron to get us out before the EU elections, therefore no deal and out next Friday
No new referendum and no GE because the tories will be petrified of calling it

Won't happen, I'm sure of it. The mandarins know the score even if the magical realists don't.

I know it's the default, but we are talking National Emergency stuff here, and I'm almost totally sure it won't be allowed to happen. That's my 2p, and I'm not a natural optimist.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:49 am

Blackwhite wrote:
London_White wrote:Unfortunately Jackos the more I see of this the more I think we won't get the extension because May won't compromise on anything, this will lead to pressure from Macron to get us out before the EU elections, therefore no deal and out next Friday
No new referendum and no GE because the tories will be petrified of calling it

Won't happen, I'm sure of it. The mandarins know the score even if the magical realists don't.

I know it's the default, but we are talking National Emergency stuff here, and I'm almost totally sure it won't be allowed to happen. That's my 2p, and I'm not a natural optimist.

So you think there's gonna be some kind of coup?
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Devi

Postby Devi » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:00 am

Talk of a PV is close to redundant at this stage. The choice May has is no deal or revoke.

It’s no one else’s choice to make, and she’s both entirely to blame for the position she’s in, and responsible whatever the outcome: economic carnage (and Tory death) is she goes No Deal, civil unrest (and Tory death) if she revokes. Which is absolutely why she tried to pin the impending clusterfuck on Labour.

Buckle up. This’ll be a bumpy ride.
I like it. What is it?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:03 am

Mustafaster wrote:So you think there's gonna be some kind of coup?

You could argue that there has been one or even two, maybe three already...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:42 pm

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:25 am

Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:54 pm

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:57 pm

Oh, and

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:47 pm

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:52 pm

Brenda wrote:‘I don’t see why we can’t just get out. What’s the problem?’

And this right here is why we don't let the monarchy near the legislative process.

Maybe if she was taking her security briefings...

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:21 am

How do you find time to service tha imaginary nymphomaniac wife Bigot ? what with all this trawlin o'tinternet i ask myself (as usual).

Does thou seek friendship via fibre optic cable minute by minute - day in day out?

Don't tell mi i've hit nail on thed again! :mrgreen: How many pats on back does tha need a week? :D

:basket:
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:03 am

kennyb41 wrote:How do you find time to service tha imaginary nymphomaniac wife Bigot ? what with all this trawlin o'tinternet i ask myself (as usual).

Does thou seek friendship via fibre optic cable minute by minute - day in day out?

Don't tell mi i've hit nail on thed again! :mrgreen: How many pats on back does tha need a week? :D

:basket:

Well silly stupid cunt me, i'm forgetting there are a number of him, tut tut.
;@)
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:15 pm

Carole up for a Pulitzer I think.

This will cheer you up from your fug (it really really won't).

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:33 am

Corbyn once again ignoring democratically agreed Labour Party policy on Brexit, shockya

Jeremy Corbyn is facing a fierce backlash from Labour members after a draft leaflet for the European elections said the party would press ahead with Brexit.

The leaflet, passed to HuffPost UK, makes no mention of the party’s policy to push for a second referendum on quitting the EU, was sent out to MEPs on Thursday.

One Labour insider said: “MEPs were not given these leaflets to review, they were just told: this is what the party is printing and this is what they would have to put out.”

The leaflet claims the party will seek a “better deal with Europe” which ensures the UK has “a say on trade deals”, while also underlining party policy on domestic issues.

........Shadow Brexit secretary Keir Starmer, deputy leader Tom Watson and shadow foreign secretary Emily Thornberry were not consulted on the wording, even though they form part of the party’s Brexit sub-committee.

Crucially, the leader of the European Labour Party, MEP Richard Corbett, was not consulted about the leaflet’s content, sources said.

A Labour MP told HuffPost UK that party members and MPs were likely to quit in large numbers if asked to campaign on the basis of the leaflet.

.....A senior shadow ministerial source added: “Keir is absolutely furious about the leaflet. He knows very well that it doesn’t reflect the party’s policy, the views of the membership or our candidates. It will have to change.”

Niall Sookoo, executive director for elections and campaigns is understood to have signed off the leaflet’s content once it was sent from the leader’s office.

:roll:
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:29 pm

There's another enjoyable clip in the thread.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:47 pm

Another Leaver turned Remainer. Better, wiser piece than the Oborne one, for me.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:23 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Another Leaver turned Remainer. Better, wiser piece than the Oborne one, for me.

I dunno. Read to me like what it was, the pub confession of a dude in Southend.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat May 04, 2019 5:34 pm

Good and illuminating thread, this.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat May 04, 2019 5:42 pm

So Burberry scraps plans for a new factory in Leeds, but oh no, it's got nothing to do with Brexit

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sun May 05, 2019 1:13 am

Blackwhite wrote:Good and illuminating thread, this.

Very illuminating.
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Return to “The Square Ball”