Re: Bielsaball vs Pulisball CK

Postby alienbumnote » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:30 pm

Shit or bust now!
:thumbl: LUFC RULES OK! :thumbl:

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:37 pm

Fair result, happy with a point.
Boro are fucking horrible, proper Pulis team.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Shorn Derry

Bielsaball vs Pulisball CK

Postby Shorn Derry » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:38 pm

Ponte wrote:Fair result, happy with a point.

Almost as bad as a proper Colin team!!

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:41 pm

Happy enough with that. Great to see the defence step up and play well.
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Tommy

Bielsaball vs Pulisball CK

Postby Tommy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:45 pm

Really good point. BPF MOTM by some distance. If Boro don’t piss this league something has gone badly wrong. They’re the most Championship side I can remember seeing during our time down here.

Unbeaten and top of the league going into the international break is vastly better than I expected given fixtures.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:45 pm

Ponte wrote:Fair result, happy with a point.

yeah, this was going to be the toughest game of all the early ones for us, the biggest culture shock; the most expensive un-bielsa team against the man. a draw isn't a bad result, we now know bielsa has lifted the rock that is english championship football and seen all that's underneath. and i have every faith that he's working out how to deal with it.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

ARDS

Postby ARDS » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:46 pm

Tommy wrote:Really good point. BPF MOTM by some distance. If Boro don’t piss this league something has gone badly wrong. They’re the most Championship side I can remember seeing during our time down here.

Unbeaten and top of the league going into the international break is vastly better than I expected given fixtures.

All of the above. Happy with a point.
Forza Leeds Utd

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:50 pm

Tommy wrote:Really good point. BPF MOTM by some distance. If Boro don’t piss this league something has gone badly wrong. They’re the most Championship side I can remember seeing during our time down here.

we'll be that thing that is badly wrong :) . not sure how many they'll score as most teams will sit back against them more than we did.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:54 pm

Not one for the everyone hates us vibe but Sky haven’t had a good thing to say about us in the summary
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

topbin

Postby topbin » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:01 pm

Yeah, very impressed by BFP tonight, I’m warming to him slightly. Was very commanding on crosses (and decision making good about when to come or not).

Berardi, well, he’s *perfectly Leeds*, isn’t he? Slightly below the level he should be at but puts in the effort and commitment to make up for it.

It’s tough from this set of players to say who I like the most. Ayling, Saiz, Berardi, Pablo, love ‘em all.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:04 pm

MightyWhite wrote:Not one for the everyone hates us vibe but Sky haven’t had a good thing to say about us in the summary

That curly haired Irish fuckwit is getting right on my tits.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:05 pm

keith andrews - what a massive twat.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:06 pm

Quiffy wrote:keith andrews - what a massive twat.

Aye, that’s the fucker.
Hmmm.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:06 pm

Happy with that in the end.

Thought Klich & Phillips played well and we showed some shithousing of our own to match them.

Horrible bastards that lot.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:08 pm

I don't think we'll come up against many better teams than Mesothelioma FC, the big shithouse bastards.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:21 pm

Not a nice game to watch. Hardly any real football played. Kept thinking they'd score from a corner or free kick and that would be that. Pleased we defended well enough to avoid it. Klich was our best player, for me. Ayling had a terrible period first half when everything he did went wrong, but it smoothed out second half. Like everyone else, happy with the draw, but didn't enjoy it much. I hate Boro's type of football. Very glad we don't play it.

alienbumnote

Postby alienbumnote » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:27 pm

MightyWhite wrote:Not one for the everyone hates us vibe but Sky haven’t had a good thing to say about us in the summary

Fuck Sky!
:thumbl: LUFC RULES OK! :thumbl:

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:30 pm

I think the team passed a very big test tonight. The crowd got less nervous as the game went on and the energy in the ground was amazing. That can only feed back to the players. As both the team and the crowd get more comfortable with the expectations ER should once again be a place of great confidence and atmosphere.
Bloody loved that performance.
The thing with watching the game on TV is that you only ever see a third of the pitch, as the camera has to follow the action. Watching at the ground you get to see what all the team is doing with and without the ball. We are defending from the front and attacking from the back and vice versa, by which I mean the opposition is never comfortable because we are giving them problems well before the ball gets to tha5 part of the pitch.
Viva Bielsa.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:35 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Not a nice game to watch. Hardly any real football played. Kept thinking they'd score from a corner or free kick and that would be that. Pleased we defended well enough to avoid it. Klich was our best player, for me. Ayling had a terrible period first half when everything he did went wrong, but it smoothed out second half. Like everyone else, happy with the draw, but didn't enjoy it much. I hate Boro's type of football. Very glad we don't play it.

.....but the peacock's display surely attracted your attention more?
he still seems to misjudge shots somehow, but today he was excellent, a bit of a coming of age performance imo, really assertive with the crosses and that save in the first half at the near post, where he smacked his face against it, was top drawer. if only we could cross polinate his shot stopping with silvestri's then we'd have a superb keeper.

Son of Leeds

Postby Son of Leeds » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:59 pm

Good practice for Millbum.

It seemed we were straining for the difficult offensive pass when an easy one was on for a better position. Players didn't always come short when they might have. Saiz not at his best again, in fact our weakest link. Peacock in goal for the Peacocks was excellent. Cooper was on his 'he's better than me for I'll foul him' mode. Harrison did better than I expected. Phillips doing his Championship Iniesta again. Klich was our calmest player when a lack of calm was the overall weakness. You gotta love Roofe when he bustles back into midfield and wins the ball.

It got El Loco off his bucket so it must have been less than he expected.

Magnificent tactical and energetic concentrated defending by Boro, but they're bloody boring. Remember George Grahem anyone? 'We'll score again, don't know where, don't know when....'
Leeds United is ruining my life.

Return to “The Square Ball”