Six (fingers) in a row - Norwich CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
JohnGiles

Re: Six (fingers) in a row - Norwich CK

Postby JohnGiles » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:36 pm

welshwhite wrote:Nothing wrong with this seasons recruitments - so far.

We'll see a little more of them in this weeks cup game.
:salute:

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:02 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Tycipa wrote:Where’s Yeboah and Reality telling us it was all shit?

It’s 5 games....

Weren’t we top at a similar stage last season.?

His last successful club coaching gig, started this way before they faded away and finished 14 points behind the leaders having been 7 points clear at halfway. That league was only 38 games too.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s great to watch and I’ve really enjoyed it and I hope we storm the league by 25 points.

But.....history from a manager and club perspective tells a different story.

Having said that, this is a different league and I suspect if we are anywhere near come mid January then Radz will simply buy 4/5 players to replace the knackered ones.

Interesting times....

Indeed they were . I'm hoping there are some differences though . Even at that stage then , the side only really impressed against Burton if I recall correctly. Other wins may have been a bit against the run of play or hard work. I think someone back then pointed out the club was playing like it was going to lose very soon and quite heavily ( may have been Mr R , may not have been - its a year ago now and I'm not looking through posts ) . anyway , the difference is ........ it looks like the way Leeds are laying this time is actually frightening the opposition beforehand , having watched and read other clubs assessments , so far at least derby , Stoke and Norwich admit they were utterly outclassed - two of those away from home . I think the club/players believe in Bielsa and look to have taken to his philosophy very well , he is doing this with players used last season by two managers , one who failed badly and the other who did sort of ok but got destroyed by bad discipline and in turn bad results .
I think things look good so far , but a far more accurate & realistic assessment could be made after 15 or 20 games - but enjoy this while its going on - its not often these days you see opposition fearing Leeds , and its good fun to see them actually saying how good this side are - and two of those sides really quite hate Leeds which makes it even better ( Stoke & Derby ) .

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:13 pm

One other point to chuck into the mix, Boro have played an extra home game while we have played three away [scoring more goals]. Two of those were Derby and Swansea, too, so against good teams.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:26 pm

All this... yes we were winning last year but barely...

Didn't we look like Brazil 70 at this time last year against Forest on telly as I recall.

I'm all for bigging up this year, but let's not revise history to do it

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:28 pm

Chieftain626 wrote:
metalsmurf wrote:Are you able to record it, I'll watch it when I get to yours :cheers:

Can’t record but believe the full game is available to be re watched so hopefully we can watch it

Yes we can, in fact I’m in your kitchen watching it now
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:48 pm

metalsmurf wrote:
Chieftain626 wrote:
metalsmurf wrote:Are you able to record it, I'll watch it when I get to yours :cheers:

Can’t record but believe the full game is available to be re watched so hopefully we can watch it

Yes we can, in fact I’m in your kitchen watching it now

:shock: :lol:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:22 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:All this... yes we were winning last year but barely...

Didn't we look like Brazil 70 at this time last year against Forest on telly as I recall.

I'm all for bigging up this year, but let's not revise history to do it

I remember us fully deserving our win at forest (and at Sunderland), playing some decent stuff but we didn't comprehensively destroy anyone other than Burton. At the time we (well I) thought we were still growing into the way TC wanted us to play and better was still to come.

As far as I'm concerned, the first half v Stoke was as good as that Burton game and Derby better (though I didn't see it live so knew the result before watching the full 90 which changes the perception). Rotherham didn't reach those heights and Swansea caused us problems but yesterday was back up there.

I'm still choosing to think cautiously and consider the points on the board angle. 2pts better than last season and not enough games have gone by to significantly improve what is needed in terms of PPG.

JimbobMaloney

Postby JimbobMaloney » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:03 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:
JimbobMaloney wrote:
Oheddieeddie wrote:Just checking in from exotic Saltburn-By-Sea, and well fuck me, and fuck the proverbial duck!!

I was there today! - was that you fucking up the funicular railway and getting the fire brigade out?

Sounds like there were a couple if great goals - looking forward to seeing them.

Me and Mrs OEE were there, if you saw a couple with a Shetland Sheepdog. (AKA Sheltie, like a little lassie dog) that was us.

I don't recall Sheltie but I was a little preoccupied with either throwing a ball at four small children who were sitting on the sea wall or waving at everyone from the tiny train.
First time I'd been, I'll definitely be back.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:29 pm

By the way, I hope we're all learning this in time for the next mass gathering of 'Ballers:

[To the tune of Bad Moon Rising by CCR]

I’ve seen United win the title
Under the shining diamond lights
I’ve seen us rise and win in Europe
I’ve seen us turn to fucking shite

Go tell the Mancs and Scouse
Bielsa’s in the house
Leeds United’s on the rise

It's a thing, apparently.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:46 pm

That's awful.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:57 am

I love me some CCR but those lyrics need a rethink or six.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:55 am

It is so bad that it inspired me into thinking I couldn't do much worse.....to the tune of dancing queen...

He is an Argenteen,
Litter free loon, only 63, (oh yeah),
He can crouch, he can shout,
And suddenly Leeds are not shite
Mar-celo bi-elsa,
he is the boss supreme
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:20 am

Quiffy wrote:It is so bad that it inspired me into thinking I couldn't do much worse.....to the tune of dancing queen...

He is an Argenteen,
Mar-celo bi-elsa,
he is the boss supreme

I cant believe that someone did that on what, up to that point, was a very respectable CK effort and one I was probably going to refer to in the future as one of my most successful (not to mention wittily named)

:(
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:40 am

LSD&2Es wrote:
Quiffy wrote:It is so bad that it inspired me into thinking I couldn't do much worse.....to the tune of dancing queen...

He is an Argenteen,
Mar-celo bi-elsa,
he is the boss supreme

I cant believe that someone did that on what, up to that point, was a very respectable CK effort and one I was probably going to refer to in the future as one of my most successful (not to mention wittily named)

:mrgreen: I feel like a dog who's crapped a wet one on your driveway and not the andrew llloyd webber of the terraces now.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:30 am

Clacton white wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
Tycipa wrote:Where’s Yeboah and Reality telling us it was all shit?

It’s 5 games....

Weren’t we top at a similar stage last season.?

His last successful club coaching gig, started this way before they faded away and finished 14 points behind the leaders having been 7 points clear at halfway. That league was only 38 games too.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s great to watch and I’ve really enjoyed it and I hope we storm the league by 25 points.

But.....history from a manager and club perspective tells a different story.

Having said that, this is a different league and I suspect if we are anywhere near come mid January then Radz will simply buy 4/5 players to replace the knackered ones.

Interesting times....

Indeed they were . I'm hoping there are some differences though . Even at that stage then , the side only really impressed against Burton if I recall correctly. Other wins may have been a bit against the run of play or hard work. I think someone back then pointed out the club was playing like it was going to lose very soon and quite heavily ( may have been Mr R , may not have been - its a year ago now and I'm not looking through posts ) . anyway , the difference is ........ it looks like the way Leeds are laying this time is actually frightening the opposition beforehand , having watched and read other clubs assessments , so far at least derby , Stoke and Norwich admit they were utterly outclassed - two of those away from home . I think the club/players believe in Bielsa and look to have taken to his philosophy very well , he is doing this with players used last season by two managers , one who failed badly and the other who did sort of ok but got destroyed by bad discipline and in turn bad results .
I think things look good so far , but a far more accurate & realistic assessment could be made after 15 or 20 games - but enjoy this while its going on - its not often these days you see opposition fearing Leeds , and its good fun to see them actually saying how good this side are - and two of those sides really quite hate Leeds which makes it even better ( Stoke & Derby ) .

I don't recall saying that we would lose heavily but I can't be arsed looking back. But maybe I did I am very wise. :D

I wasn't as impressed as I have been with bielsa's team I think he's a far superior coach but he's also helped massively having a left footed left back. Although it goes far deeper than this the squad has been thinned down so there isnt much dead wood blocking the way and he seems far more inclined to use the 23s to plug holes rather than having a journeyman blocking the path to the first team.

But most importantly in my opinion we now look far more balanced which is something that far too many underestimate. There is a lot to be said for square pegs in square holes. Still look a little short in terms of quality in certain areas but we knew this was the case.

But as you say let's see where things are 15 games.

Son of Leeds

Postby Son of Leeds » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:21 am

No, no, no! Let's go through the Klich opener to the season in our minds when we wake up in the night. Let's dream of three up against Boro in the first 15 minutes. Let's remember with pure shadenfreude the slumped shoulders on the Derby terraces. Let's relive big biceps Kalvin spraying passes from deep midfield as though he's done it all his life. Let's hear again the 'olés' against Stoke when stuck in traffic. Che sera sera. Let's go fucking mental.
Leeds United is ruining my life.

jackos

Postby jackos » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:36 am

Mr Reality wrote:I wasn't as impressed as I have been with bielsa's team I think he's a far superior coach but he's also helped massively having a left footed left back. Although it goes far deeper than this the squad has been thinned down so there isnt much dead wood blocking the way and he seems far more inclined to use the 23s to plug holes rather than having a journeyman blocking the path to the first team.

But most importantly in my opinion we now look far more balanced which is something that far too many underestimate. There is a lot to be said for square pegs in square holes. Still look a little short in terms of quality in certain areas but we knew this was the case.

The thing that impresses me most is our movement off the ball, there's away's options when a player is looking for a pass, and we're not bunching up like a lot of teams do. Orta has do something right assembling a squad that is capable of playing that type/level of football.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:37 am

Son of Leeds wrote:

No, no, no! Let's go through the Klich opener to the season in our minds when we wake up in the night. Let's dream of three up against Boro in the first 15 minutes. Let's remember with pure shadenfreude the slumped shoulders on the Derby terraces. Let's relive big biceps Kalvin spraying passes from deep midfield as though he's done it all his life. Let's hear again the 'olés' against Stoke when stuck in traffic. Che sera sera. Let's go fucking mental.

:salute: :cheers:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:02 pm

LSD&2Es wrote:I cant believe that someone did that on what, up to that point, was a very respectable CK effort and one I was probably going to refer to in the future as one of my most successful (not to mention wittily named)

especially the shit title
i was considering asking a for refund - totally blew an opportunity to sink the PINK

REported!

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:09 pm

Derby now top 6
Rotherham Beat Millskum away.
Pottys & Swans - premiership squads
Hardly poor teams we have beaten so far- Still only August not getting carried away
El Loco to get the cursed manager of the month award?

Return to “The Square Ball”