Six (fingers) in a row - Norwich CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Oheddieeddie

Re: Six (fingers) in a row - Norwich CK

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:41 am

JimbobMaloney wrote:
Oheddieeddie wrote:Just checking in from exotic Saltburn-By-Sea, and well fuck me, and fuck the proverbial duck!!

I was there today! - was that you fucking up the funicular railway and getting the fire brigade out?

Sounds like there were a couple if great goals - looking forward to seeing them.

Me and Mrs OEE were there, if you saw a couple with a Shetland Sheepdog. (AKA Sheltie, like a little lassie dog) that was us.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:15 am

Fantastic news. Let’s keep it going.
:salute:
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:00 am

Vampire wrote:Fantastic news. Let’s keep it going.

Did you know that's not a salute, Brett?
Its left-handed, therefore just a wave.

Thick as fuck!
:shake1:
Phisher/Email fraudster.

Devi

Postby Devi » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:18 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Any of you southern / London wankers feeling in need of a Saturday train trip to Yorkshire anytime soon?

It’s getting close to the point where I cancel my own self employment that I can instead head north... so keep me in this loop, should a fun bus depart?
I like it. What is it?

Devi

Postby Devi » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:25 am

Also, Millwall away.

Who’s in? And how, given the floccinaucinihilipilification of Gold membership?

;-)
I like it. What is it?

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:01 am

welshwhite wrote:

Thick as fuck!

Thought you’d know from personal experience, Rhys, that saluting with the left hand is allowed when the right hand is otherwise engaged.
:mrgreen:
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:10 am

I served in the Royal Navy as a combat instructor for 11 years, Brett. Not once did the need arise to salute while I wanked in my Bunk :thumbl:

You've made a mistake and are now trying to Weasel your way out of it.
To me that's an action that only a Weasel cunt would take.
You should be ashamed of yourself :puker:
Phisher/Email fraudster.

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:51 am

One interesting thing - Leeds have 3 of the top 10 scorers in championship at present . Ability to score from many area's is a useful asset . Hope it continues .

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:00 am

Clacton white wrote:One interesting thing - Leeds have 3 of the top 10 scorers in championship at present . Ability to score from many area's is a useful asset . Hope it continues .

Pontus to score a towering header from a corner as Ayling elbows Ayala in the throat. Now that would get me out of my seat, :salute: whilst doing this!
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:08 am

@PhilHayYEP post match pisser
El Loco had loads to say about Hernandez "It's obvious he has been important,
He has the best regularity and the biggest influence on control of the game . EL said he's worked with very few players as effective out wide. He's a silent leader. He improves every player around him and he does this without saying anything."
Can improve Hernandez as a player?: "I think he can improve me as a coach." #lufc

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:16 am

Tycipa wrote:
Clacton white wrote:One interesting thing - Leeds have 3 of the top 10 scorers in championship at present . Ability to score from many area's is a useful asset . Hope it continues .

Pontus to score a towering header from a corner as Ayling elbows Ayala in the throat. Now that would get me out of my seat, :salute: whilst doing this!

Phisher/Email fraudster.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:57 am

On KP from YEP
v Swansea, was pressured from the kick-off - booked early, limited to 18 touches, able to complete only nine passes and failing to win a single tackle, then
Subbed after 28 mins.

however Satidi
EL loco spoke "players make mistakes and I make mistakes too,” said United’s head coach before the game. “We have to be tolerant when people make mistakes.”
Satidi KP quality and range of his passing impressed, rising back to an accuracy level of close to 90 per cent,
defensive work: 10 clearances, four blocked shots, three interceptions and three tackles.
One of his blocks denied Norwich's Teemu Pukki late in the first half, diverting the ball narrowly wide of a post.
KP will quite fancy showing likkle Johnny & the bearded Clam who's ya daddy of the ER Mirfield
v
dead carary.jpg
(6.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Arnieb

Postby Arnieb » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:21 am

This is key isn't it. With the possible exception of saiz all the front 5 have scored regularly so far. Must be a bastard to play against.

I watched the game in a sports bar in Tenerife which showed every prem game at 3pm plus ours plus the kyles cup thingy.

I would say crowd was basically split into 3 equal parts. Rugby lot, arse fans, Leeds fans. We may have been shit but we are still a big club. Also kudos to the bloke wearing an original 1990/1 home top (I have one in my wardrobe at home).

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:30 am

Tycipa wrote:Where’s Yeboah and Reality telling us it was all shit?

It’s 5 games....

Weren’t we top at a similar stage last season.?

His last successful club coaching gig, started this way before they faded away and finished 14 points behind the leaders having been 7 points clear at halfway. That league was only 38 games too.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s great to watch and I’ve really enjoyed it and I hope we storm the league by 25 points.

But.....history from a manager and club perspective tells a different story.

Having said that, this is a different league and I suspect if we are anywhere near come mid January then Radz will simply buy 4/5 players to replace the knackered ones.

Interesting times....

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:44 am

Vampire wrote:
welshwhite wrote:

Thick as fuck!

Thought you’d know from personal experience, Rhys, that saluting with the left hand is allowed when the right hand is otherwise engaged.
:mrgreen:

Fair play. That comeback really made me laugh :lol:

The Tin Man

Postby The Tin Man » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:24 pm

Was going to come out with the spiel that Orta has been vindicated and that his signings weren't the problem it was just the coaching.
But this put me right
For every step,the footprint was already there.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:41 pm

The Tin Man wrote:Was going to come out with the spiel that Orta has been vindicated and that his signings weren't the problem it was just the coaching. But
this put me right

jethuth cwithe. a list of 17, in which ekuban, pennington, & lassoga are ranked 7th, 6th, and 4th best.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:14 pm

The Tin Man wrote:Was going to come out with the spiel that Orta has been vindicated and that his signings weren't the problem it was just the coaching. But
this put me right

Hay brought this up a couple weeks ago, as we now have about 15 players going out, or who are not featured, most of whom Otto propositioned & groomed, more duds than successes.
The extraordinary length of contracts, especially extensions to players is an issue.
We lost the last seasoned coach, Monk, we had with proven league & promotion experience who walked, at the proposed set up with Otto. no doubt in view of the demises of the Smoggies & Karanka.
I doubt El Loco will put up with any interference, especially the in dressing room.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:18 pm

Watched the full 90 this morning, thanks to WALMOT. The differences between the two teams were obvious: all our passing was crisp and our movement supported one another, whether giving options for passes or doing our mini-swarm thing to regain possession; Norwich's passing had no such crispness and was often slightly off [just in front, just behind, bouncing awkwardly when it should have been along the ground etc] and their movement was [mostly] relatively pedestrian. Their fellah Pukki got into promising positions a couple of times, but they were rarely a serious threat. We could have had more goals.

Hope we rest everyone for Friday. In any case the second string need the workout to stay fit enough and Bamford needs another goal.

Might do Millwall this year but it would be in with the 'Wall and sitting quietly. Will think about it.
It's £32, though... compared to a fiver on LUTV.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:18 pm

Nothing wrong with this seasons recruitments - so far.

We'll see a little more of them in this weeks cup game.
Phisher/Email fraudster.

Return to “The Square Ball”