Bury Trots Thai Tin Pot Cup CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Oheddieeddie

Re: Bury Trots Thai Tin Pot Cup CK

Postby Oheddieeddie » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:38 pm

I wouldnt have played Samu, but probably best to get as much out of him before he goes in Jan

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:46 am

Vampire wrote:Another win. :thumbl:

first manager to win 3 straight in all compo's since Jimmy Armfield

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:02 am

Quiffy wrote: impressed by shackleton more than anyone else in a tidy but unexceptional performance that i'm expecting bielsa will use to beat the squad with.

8 games went to Peno's last night, El Loco managed it well, after December last season thats a game we would have given up the lead, and let a team back in but lufc kept pressing.
Samu caused them no end of headaches, then Loco subbed on Roofe fresh legs, who puts in a great grave yard shift and the pesky Alioski snapped their attention.

Shackleton had a very encouraging game, but the team was at fault no helping out more as Bolton target that side, with young lad on his debut and Ayling prone to play the Wanderer. It was highlighted when Shackleton gave away 2 throws in's in the dangerous position, just short of the half way line, one that led to the goal. The goal was a collective cluster fk as Ayling uncharacteristically did not put in the Bacardi type no nonsense last ditch clearance.
Fair play though the 5'3" Trot midget Oztumer had put in a hell of shift battling Pontus, and we knew before the game give them a shot at goal they have been clinical
Interesting Comm's that the Trots have only spent on one transfers, 200k in the last 2 years, and if that was the B time it was a good stout run out to get the ring rust off of our players who should be considered starters.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:29 am

According to Hay's Twitter, Bielsa says Samu has no injury and should be fine for Saturday. Good.

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:02 am

Liked bringing Bamford off with 10 to go.

He did well, but as a message that he perhaps needs ITRO another 10% to be in a starting Saturday team, that’s a proper good way of sending it.
I like it. What is it?

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:38 am

Great to see the squad players in action, game time is invaluable.
Thought they all did ok.
Shackleton, Pearce and Harrison all put in a decent performance, particularly liked the look of Shackleton.
Baker looked off the pace a bit and didn't seem to know what his job was.
Bamford took the goal well, but other than that didn't overly impress.
Blackman looks a better keeper than BPF on that showing, but it's only one game and we can't read too much into it.
Saiz, KP,Alioski and Ayling look like they've been playing the system all their lives already.
We took our foot off the gas for part of the second half, Bielsa will no doubt be addressing that this morning.
Not a great performance, but good enough to get the win and plenty of positives to take away.

Bein sports have a decent commentator, dunno who he was but he'd done his homework and managed to commentate the entire game without making you want to smack him round the face.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:11 am

Funny to hear Parkinson saying that 2-0 at H-T was a bit harsh on Bolton. Fuck off: it should have been four! [Definite pen and a sitter missed by Bamford.] Silly cunt.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:55 am

Just what you want from a league cup tie.

Don't expect any changes this week.

But would expect pontus, bamford and Harrison to be in the first 11 in the coming weeks.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:12 pm

Harrison is very fast but can't beat his man one on one like Roofe or Alioski.
Jansson is shit scared of passing the ball forward and looks for a safe or sideways pass which might make his place less secure than some think. He's great at shepherding attackers out wide or last ditch tackles but needs to change his game if we're a risk taking team. The feeling from the East Stand sages was that Berardi's place was not challenged last night.
Bamford's OK, less mobile than Roofe and tends not to drag the defenders about. Knows where the back of the net is though.
Blackman's distribution is not as good as BPF's and is also too slow. Didn't Marshall his defence as BPF does, maybe he's a quiet one?
We missed Ayling at right back, we would have scored more with him there. Shackleton did OK for a youngster getting his full debut, there's promise.
KP was immense, always seemed to find time to receive the ball and was very calm in possession.
Not sure about Baker, very busy but seemed anonymous, when Klich came on he showed how midfield is run.
This might seem a tad critical but what last night showed is that we have good back up in most positions as long as we don't have to make many changes for a league game, one or two and we're OK. We're a risk taking team so the back up boys need just to get up to speed with that philosophy and they'll feature more and do well.
All very encouraging.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:27 pm

Tycipa wrote:Jansson is shit scared of passing the ball forward and looks for a safe or sideways pass which might make his place less secure than some think. He's great at shepherding attackers out wide or last ditch tackles but needs to change his game if we're a risk taking team.

This one's been nagging away at me for a while. For all the fact that he's been our defensive mainstay for the last couple of seasons, and whilst noting he's a committed hardworking all round nice guy, I have wondered whether he's intelligent enough as a footballer to 'get' being in a Bielsa team.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:31 pm

Tycipa wrote:This might seem a tad critical but what last night showed is that we have good back up in most positions as long as we don't have to make many changes for a league game, one or two and we're OK. All very encouraging.

Yeah, that is what it feels like. One or two changes can slot in and be carried along by the rest - all of whom seemed to have learned their new jobs impressively fast. Bamford has yet to get the hang of when and whom he should be pressing. Youngsters like Harrison can sometimes make up for the lack of mental snap with energy and pace, having been cajoled along by such as Pablo and Ayling. But it's looking alright.

The exception is undoubtedly Samu. Who can do his job almost as well, should he be injured? Right now, no fucker.
I guess Pablo could come into that position and we use one of the new wingers on the right?

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:02 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Tycipa wrote:This might seem a tad critical but what last night showed is that we have good back up in most positions as long as we don't have to make many changes for a league game, one or two and we're OK. All very encouraging.

Yeah, that is what it feels like. One or two changes can slot in and be carried along by the rest - all of whom seemed to have learned their new jobs impressively fast. Bamford has yet to get the hang of when and whom he should be pressing. Youngsters like Harrison can sometimes make up for the lack of mental snap with energy and pace, having been cajoled along by such as Pablo and Ayling. But it's looking alright.

The exception is undoubtedly Samu. Who can do his job almost as well, should he be injured? Right now, no fucker.
I guess Pablo could come into that position and we use one of the new wingers on the right?

You can also stick Roberts into "not up to speed yet", category.
Andymac

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:05 pm

Aye, forgot about Roberts, didn’t look comfy out wide, think he’s more of a central man, he’s quick though. A work in progress.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Rambo the randy pig

Postby Rambo the randy pig » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:11 pm

dirty leeds wrote:

Tend to think Pablo could stand in for Saiz, who it has to be said is having an exceptional start to the season. I admit to being a doubter wondering whether the rumours of a summer move to sunnier climes could affect his attitude. Happily I was wrong - so far.

I think the problem at the moment is who replaces Phillips if he gets injured/suspended. He's making the team tick. I think it's no coincidence that Coops looks better with having a shielding midfielder there. Too many times last season we had a huge gap in midfield. Bielsa has addressed this and the defenders can now defend where they should be defending.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:53 pm

Said elsewhere that Shaughnessy is a good bet for that position. Was about as good a passer as KP as a midfielder [which isn't a massive claim], already shown he can be a CB when required and seems to have the calm head required. Just need him properly fit again after his injury - and his stint in the last U23s game showed he's getting there. Bielsa included him in his handful of youngsters that have impressed him.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:14 pm

Can’t (yet) rule out the possibility that Bielsa has or will manage to upgrade Forshaw as a potential KP stand-in.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:29 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
Tycipa wrote:Jansson is shit scared of passing the ball forward and looks for a safe or sideways pass which might make his place less secure than some think. He's great at shepherding attackers out wide or last ditch tackles but needs to change his game if we're a risk taking team.

This one's been nagging away at me for a while. For all the fact that he's been our defensive mainstay for the last couple of seasons, and whilst noting he's a committed hardworking all round nice guy, I have wondered whether he's intelligent enough as a footballer to 'get' being in a Bielsa team.

Have you seen who is playing centre back at the moment?

jackos

Postby jackos » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:45 pm

eric olthwaite wrote: I have wondered whether he's intelligent enough as a footballer to 'get' being in a Bielsa team.

Jansson used to play as a striker and is at least as comfortable on the ball as most of the defensive players in our squad, probably more, so I don't think you need to worry. I do think he still needs to get more used to Bielsa's style of play, but to do that he problably needs more match time than he's getting at the moment. Last night was a start, but I doubt he showed enough to make the team for Saturday.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:49 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:

Have you seen who is playing centre back at the moment?

Let me guess: is it a beautiful towering tousle-haired colossus of a man, the like of which we mere mortals are unfit to behold?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Rambo the randy pig

Postby Rambo the randy pig » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:00 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Said elsewhere that Shaughnessy is a good bet for that position. Was about as good a passer as KP as a midfielder [which isn't a massive claim], already shown he can be a CB when required and seems to have the calm head required. Just need him properly fit again after his injury - and his stint in the last U23s game showed he's getting there. Bielsa included him in his handful of youngsters that have impressed him.

Yeah, forgot about Shaunessy.

Return to “The Square Ball”