fat frank's ram-a-loco ding dong CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
welshwhite

Re: fat frank's ram-a-loco ding dong CK

Postby welshwhite » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:58 am

Mustafaster wrote:
welshwhite wrote:So, who at the back gets dropped to fit in Pontus, the outsider has to be Ayling, he's back to his best, won more than his fair share of headers too.
Douglas, stick-on to keep his place.
Berardi made one or two mistakes but he gets a free pass off me for them. He more than makes up for them because under Bielsa he's become a new player, his robust challenges are now timed perfectly, he clattered one poor cunt out wide yesterday and he just smiled and got back into position (Pontus style).
Cooper does a good job but at times yesterday his distribution was woeful, could have cost us a lot more than the one or two cock-ups by Berardi.

So, Coops or Berrars, that is the question?

Berardi.
Bielsa has made Cooper captain, he's not going to drop him.

In an interview he said he does not pick the captain, something about it was up to the players.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:00 pm

Yeboah wrote:
welshwhite wrote:So, who at the back gets dropped to fit in Pontus, the outsider has to be Ayling, he's back to his best, won more than his fair share of headers too.
Berardi made one or two mistakes but he gets a free pass off me for them. He more than makes up for them because under Bielsa he's become a new player, his robust challenges are now timed perfectly, he clattered one poor cunt out wide yesterday and he just smiled and got back into position (Pontus style).
Cooper does a good job but at times yesterday his distribution was woeful, could have cost us a lot more than the one or two cock-ups by Berardi.

Berardi is the only one with genuine pace, which makes dropping him a risk depending on opposition.

I think quite quickly teams will revert to 2 big men up top and hoof it to them and play from there. Can’t play a high press against that and CB is a weakness for us. (As musta says above)

Need a replacement in for Kalvin as he’s still awful, and the keeper is poor.

Other than that, on form, the team picks itself.

it’s just 2 games, remember.

Sorry Y, but I don’t think you’re watching the same game if you think KP is awful.
As for BPF, if you think one misjudgment makes him poor then we’ll have to disagree.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:21 pm

I stand corrected.
:salute:
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:25 pm

Tycipa wrote:
Yeboah wrote:

Berardi is the only one with genuine pace, which makes dropping him a risk depending on opposition.

I think quite quickly teams will revert to 2 big men up top and hoof it to them and play from there. Can’t play a high press against that and CB is a weakness for us. (As musta says above)

Sorry Y, but I don’t think you’re watching the same game if you think KP is awful.
As for BPF, if you think one misjudgment makes him poor then we’ll have to disagree.

Yep, it’s all opinion. I was the one calling for Klich to play last year.

KP second touch is a tackle, most of the time. Forshaw in there would be a massive upgrade.

I’ve always said the keeper was/is poor. Nothing to do with yesterday. Borderline criminal to keep him in with JB there now.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:36 pm

KP at time last season was very poor but so were most of the squad. First too games this season he has been superb. In the team on merit and I’m delighted for him.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Billy Casper

Postby Billy Casper » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:31 pm

If we had won both matches and not performed well I’d worry, ie 1-0 victories. However, we have picked off two rated teams in our opening games. Nothing like last season. We will lose some, but on the evidence presented so far, most teams will now try and play to nullify our strengths rather than play to theirs. Good news all round methinks
No Skuche ala Gats

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:45 pm

Ponte wrote:KP at time last season was very poor but so were most of the squad. First too games this season he has been superb. In the team on merit and I’m delighted for him.

Agreed. Can't see him being dropped in this form, he has been really good.
Andymac

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:10 pm

It seems that Roofe’s header is being described as majestic.

That’s one I didn’t have on my list.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:47 pm

At the risk of asking a silly question, what exactly has our formation been for these last two games? It seems quite fluid, and possibly asymmetric, to me?

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:52 pm

the flying pig wrote:

At the risk of asking a silly question, what exactly has our formation been for these last two games? It seems quite fluid, and possibly asymmetric, to me?

Roughly

4 - 1 - 4 - 1

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:59 pm

the flying pig wrote:

It's not a silly question.*

It's this, roughly:

*but this is a silly answer
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:12 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
the flying pig wrote:

Roughly

4 - 1 - 4 - 1

Mm. But there's a bit more to it than that, no? Quite a lot like 2-3-2-2-1 or summat?

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:40 pm

Yeah

Generally in any formation with full backs their average position will be in line with the deepest midfielder, particularly with split centre backs. So I guess it could be a 2-3 rather 4-1.

Most importantly for me rather than the formation we look to have a plan which has been lacking for a long long time possibly since Grayson left. We may be beaten by better players in certain games but I don't see anybody out coaching bielsa.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:44 pm

Jokes aside I've been surprised how fluid we've become in packing one half of the pitch by necessity closing the play, then burst out of it creatively, it's devastating and absolutely thrilling to watch. The swiveling triangles above meant to invoke that, if it's hard to describe imagine how it is to play against.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:45 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Yeah

Generally in any formation with full backs their average position will be in line with the deepest midfielder, particularly with split centre backs. So I guess it could be a 2-3 rather 4-1.

Most importantly for me rather than the formation we look to have a plan which has been lacking for a long long time possibly since Grayson left. We may be beaten by better players in certain games but I don't see anybody out coaching bielsa.

Be interesting when we come up against a direct team.....what his plan is, when he can’t high press

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:50 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Yeah

Be interesting when we come up against a direct team.....what his plan is, when he can’t high press

Counter.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:51 pm

the flying pig wrote:

The basic format without the ball is 4-1-4-1.
It changes when we have the ball according to where we get it. It's all about triangles and people making themselves available for a short pass.
The further up the park we are the more fluid it becomes.
Nightmare to defend.
The test will come when someone plays hoofball.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:55 pm

Yeboah wrote:

Just had a look, Kalvin Phillips had a 87.5% successful pass rate, completing 48 passes...the most in the match.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:01 pm

We've had back to back wins against two of the fancied teams in the league :thumbl:

We've won both games comfortably :thumbl:

Cunts on here debating who needs dropping :thumbl:

:bounce:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:10 pm

Ontolly wrote:We've had back to back wins against two of the fancied teams in the league :thumbl:

We've won both games comfortably :thumbl:

Cunts on here debating who needs dropping :thumbl:

:bounce:

Enter Mr Reality......

Return to “The Square Ball”