Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:36 pm

I told you it was shit... Should arguably have posted it under Leon W.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Devi

Postby Devi » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:06 pm

Regurgitated sameness maybe, but when was the last time we were afforded column inches in a national broadsheet the day after a loss, and with a full PL schedule?
I like it. What is it?

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:39 pm

Mustafaster wrote:This has been done to death for the last six months, hacks rehashing previous stories by other hacks that were rehashed in the first place.
Let me guess.... Picking up litter, blue bucket, Bilbao beating scum, El Loco, Pochetino, Guardiola ...

i think you've got a full house :cheers:
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:02 pm

Written by Clavane, no less. Saves me reading any of his fucking books.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:11 pm

I’ll be honest, though it’s probably a profound heresy to say it on here: every article like this tries to harp on about the ‘character’ of Leeds as a city as though it’s significant.

Now, a few years back, the same kind of articles were being written about Brighton and the Goldstone / lost years / Gillingham / Withdean / Amex / Premiership story, but none of them tried to invoke the ‘character’ of the city of Brighton.

But as a neutral observer it’s clear that Brighton is more ‘unique’ than Leeds if you will; whether it’s the gay scene, the vegans and the green MP, the heroin deaths or just being known as the place to take your PA for a dirty weekend shag. But no one there seems to obsess about Brighton’s identity. It just is what it is.

Bottom line is probably just that Yorkshire obsessives shouldn't be allowed to write about LUFC in the national press.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:04 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:I’ll be honest, though it’s probably a profound heresy to say it on here: every article like this tries to harp on about the ‘character’ of Leeds as a city as though it’s significant.

Now, a few years back, the same kind of articles were being written about Brighton and the Goldstone / lost years / Gillingham / Withdean / Amex / Premiership story, but none of them tried to invoke the ‘character’ of the city of Brighton.

But as a neutral observer it’s clear that Brighton is more ‘unique’ than Leeds if you will; whether it’s the gay scene, the vegans and the green MP, the heroin deaths or just being known as the place to take your PA for a dirty weekend shag. But no one there seems to obsess about Brighton’s identity. It just is what it is.

Bottom line is probably just that Yorkshire obsessives shouldn't be allowed to write about LUFC in the national press.

It's a bit of a heresy, but not quite a burning-at-the-stake offence. A light beating of the sole of your left foot.

Brighton certainly has its USPs, as you say. Probably more than Leeds. But every place is what it is.

The thing about Leeds' identity is that it's very much wrapped up in the football club.
Brighton's identity has many facets, but BHA is well down the list.
If you ask people what Brighton is known for, then football would probably be a good option on an episode of Pointless.
Ask people what Leeds is known for and LUFC will probably come first.
So in purely football terms ( not in others) talking of the city's identity is fair enough imo.

We are not Leeds fans or Leeds supporters or any nickname.
No definite or indefinite article is needed, no qualifiers, no adjectives.

We are Leeds.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:10 pm

Brighton certainly seems like the sort of place inhabited by the type of Golgafrinchan sent out in advance of the rest of the planet :thumbl:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:18 pm

Pablo :salute:

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:32 pm

Whilst waiting for that presser a beautiful thought just entered my tiny.

The Master is going to show Pep/Klopp/Poch how to do this from scratch with no fcking money...................LEEDS IS HIS BABY!!!!........THEY ALL TRY TO COPY HIM,BUT THEY BUY BUY BUY!!!...........GO ON YOU FCKING MAD BASTARD I FCKING LOVE YOU!!!

HE IS THE MESSIAH!!!!!..................HE'S HERE FOR THE LONG HAUL TO SHOW THE WORLD HOW DAMN FCKING GOOD HE IS!!!.......ALL MY FCKING CHRISTMAS'S HAVE COME AT ONCE!!!

Mindo

Postby Mindo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:52 pm

My reading of Bielsa's personality and core beliefs is that he genuinely wants to know whether he has done anything wrong, hence the complete openness and full disclosure of all his methods

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:54 pm

It's full-on Adoration of the Cunti chez nous: the man can do no wrong in the eyes of mere earthbound mortals like us.

Looking forward to Stoke :bounce:

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:48 am

WW............I'm so scared we're gonna lose him,there are clubs with a helluva lot more money than us out there,so i ask myself,would he stay? And i can only pray that he likes to see a project through and that he's thinking a lot of these things......
Great club,great fans,deserve to be in Prem.
When asked to come he must've researched us....so he sees 34,000 crowds....a team belonging in the Prem.........Virtually at rock bottom but have a lot of promise,good youth

So he demands,yes i'll come but i want the full running of the place with no ifs and buts.....Rads you crack on with the business side coz you know fck all about footy....Orta you go fcking find them I haven't the time but will give final say so.....................and leave all the fcking rest to me.........I will fcking do it my way,trust me and pay me right when you have the money to do so when i get you there...........I am loyal and this is now my new baby,leave it with me and do not shit up my back and i will not shit up yours.......Now fck off stick to what ur good at and i'll crack on with all the footy side of things

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:48 am

Might I suggest that, for remaining home games this season, the players run out to this?

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:57 am

I would say the question in the title had been unequivocally answered
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:01 pm

MightyWhite wrote:I would say the question in the title had been unequivocally answered

Indeed, we need to rename it: "Is Leeds United good enough for that mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football?"

So far it seems a perfect marriage, long may it continue.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:31 pm

Bielsa's a cunt he's ruined football for me.
There's a very promising match on tonight, Getafe v Alaves, both teams will be up for it, should be entertaining, Samu probabaly get a run out at some point.

Can't be arsed. It's not Leeds.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:39 pm

Mustafaster wrote:Bielsa's a cunt he's ruined football for me.
There's a very promising match on tonight, Getafe v Alaves, both teams will be up for it, should be entertaining, Samu probabaly get a run out at some point.

Can't be arsed. It's not Leeds.

yeah. man city v liverpool the other day looked a bit pedestrian :(

phil nailed it....
we need to rename it: "Is Leeds United good enough for that mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football?"
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:33 pm

i'm coming to terms with the fact that i didn't spot that marcelo's on the spectrum. it is so obvious now. i've worked in special needs, special schools and education for years but it was the elephant in the room.

what a wonderful advert for autism he is.

i mean, and i don't say this lightly, one of the greatest managers ever (there's surely going to be a film about him) who is able to manage and motivate players, someone who is loved by his players is autistic. knocks rain man into the gutter.

Return to “The Square Ball”