Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
eric olthwaite

Re: Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:28 am

It's a cute enough video, but I find the whole Lamrani fangirling thing a wee bit disturbing.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:44 am

A good dipping strike but a typical training ground goal, the Keeper could not be arsed to try to save it. Terrible body language, hands down by his side like a Keeper would do if he had a ten year old shooting at him for charity.

Blackman would have effortly saved that with one hand. It was straight at the Goalie.
Bielsa congratulated him for the way he struck the ball, nothing else.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:05 pm

No disrespect to Blackman but every time I've seen him play I've been underwhelmed. In fact, before he got injured in that U23 games, it was on course to being one of the worst performances I've seen from a keeper in a while, which is really saying something.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:24 pm

Tommy wrote:No disrespect to Blackman but every time I've seen him play I've been underwhelmed. In fact, before he got injured in that U23 games, it was on course to being one of the worst performances I've seen from a keeper in a while, which is really saying something.

Yep. Agreed, T.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:36 pm

I mentioned Blackman because of his heighth, the one in goals for the Bamford shot looked like one of Snow White's mates.
Some of Bielsa selections baffle me, his continued use of BPF, Dallas as a Full Back & Alioski keeping his place.

I hope he's not a stubborn manager i.e McDermott and his continued picking of Hunt to the detriment of the side.

Loyalty is nice, but not always good.
WW - 2018.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:12 pm

that goal celebration is pure david pleat.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:08 pm

welshwhite wrote:Some of Bielsa selections baffle me, his continued use of BPF, Dallas as a Full Back & Alioski keeping his place.

These are all easily defensible though.

Alioski and Dallas are experienced senior players and full internationals with a good work-rate. Whilst both are being played out of position, the alternative is playing Academy players who often cop a lot of the blame from poor results. In terms of BPF - he's been playing in a side that has lost just three games and the only serious competition has looked frankly a bit shite when he has featured for the first team or reserves. The way we play should really preclude our keeper from having to make too many long-range saves anyhow. Plus BPF has actually been fairly decent on the whole - his short-range shot-stopping is good and his distribution is above average. It's no coincidence he's also become Northern Ireland's keeper of choice. It would have been interesting to see how Blackman might have fared but I think on the whole this might prove to be a blessing if we can bring in a more senior keeper in January or before.

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:03 pm

Liked Bielsa's quote on Pontus:

“Pontus will be available for the game and ready to play.
“I have seen very few players with his consistency with his weight and height.
“I haven’t seen that many players with that weight and height who can have the same response as a full-back.
“The only fact that makes me doubt my conclusions is that he is not playing at the highest level, which may mean my conclusions about him are wrong.”

:D
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Cycling 500km for The Stroke Association - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Adam-Yeadon1
Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:53 pm

someone ought to write 'a little book of bielsa', it'd sell like hot cakes at Christmas. this is fantastic....
Bielsa on BPF - using a rollercoaster metaphor. Says when you're on the way down, you're gathering speed to go up again.

and then there's the quote that makes alioski comparable to harry redknapp.
But I don't like to criticise footballers who cheat. When you cheat during a football game, you can't compare it with a projection of morality in life. Usually that's what we do. My conclusion is I don't want to criticise Alioski because I like him as a person.

by next christmas there should be enough gems to fill a book, if he's still with us. :cry:
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Devi

Postby Devi » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:20 pm

Quiffy wrote:someone ought to write 'a little book of kennyb41'

by next christmas there should be enough gems to fill a book, if he's still with us. :cry:

FTFY
I like it. What is it?

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:27 pm

Devi wrote:
Quiffy wrote:someone ought to write 'a little book of kennyb41'

FTFY

:salute:
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:08 am

The YEP on the parlous state we're in.

Includes this helpful graphic for the hard of thinking:

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:45 pm

Actually got chance to meet and grab a photo with Bielsa on Saturday when they came out from their pre-game meal/meeting at the Double Tree. Proper star struck I was. :cheers:
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:50 pm

You can't tease us like that; lets see the evidence!
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Cycling 500km for The Stroke Association - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Adam-Yeadon1
Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:00 pm

MightyWhite wrote:Actually got chance to meet and grab a photo with Bielsa on Saturday when they came out from their pre-game meal/meeting at the Double Tree. Proper star struck I was. :cheers:

Did you have your shades on?
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:35 pm

Ponte wrote:
MightyWhite wrote:Actually got chance to meet and grab a photo with Bielsa on Saturday when they came out from their pre-game meal/meeting at the Double Tree. Proper star struck I was. :cheers:

Did you have your shades on?

Unfortunately not. Weather was a bit inclement for that.

Proud to be Leeds wrote:You can't tease us like that; lets see the evidence!

Im not fanatical over my data protection but even so I would certainly draw the line at posting my mug directly on to here :mrgreen:
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:41 pm

MightyWhite wrote:Im not fanatical over my data protection but even so I would certainly draw the line at posting my mug directly on to here :mrgreen:

If you tweet the photo I'm sure someone will do it on your behalf if that's better? :mrgreen:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:26 am

Not linking to it because it's shit, but something in the Observer today, written by a fuckwit.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:58 am

Blackwhite wrote:Not linking to it because it's shit, but something in the Observer today, written by a fuckwit.

had me worried it was some story about Bielsa moving on. it isn't, it's a sentimental rehash of stuff we all know; bielsa for beginners.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:30 pm

Quiffy wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Not linking to it because it's shit, but something in the Observer today, written by a fuckwit.

had me worried it was some story about Bielsa moving on. it isn't, it's a sentimental rehash of stuff we all know; bielsa for beginners.

Again? Seriously?
This has been done to death for the last six months, hacks rehashing previous stories by other hacks that were rehashed in the first place.
Let me guess.... Picking up litter, blue bucket, Bilbao beating scum, El Loco, Pochetino, Guardiola ...
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Return to “The Square Ball”