YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Tommy

Re: YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Postby Tommy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:54 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Fair analysis, this

Yeah that's right on the nose. If I could have been bothered to put all of my thoughts into an article it would have hit similar notes but obviously wouldn't be anywhere near as coherent.

For the time being at least, Bielsa seems to have 'cured' me of fretting too much about football and specifically results. When there's a match now I look forward to watching it and the result is something of an afterthought. I already know how we're going to play and that we're going to try to beat whoever is put in front of us but league position doesn't much matter to me unless we're in the bottom three, which seems improbable.

Oheddieeddie

Re: YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:09 pm

Didn’t know there was a match on the beeb right now. Watched the first 42 seconds till the Everton goal. Fucking hell Marcelo, never ever leave us. It would be your worst nightmare to wake up to the headline “Leeds appoint Scott Parker as Manager” imagine any other manager managing this lot in fact. Fuck it’s frightening.

In other news Pickfords had nowt to do and is still managing absolute bomb-scare of a keeper creating danger where there is none

In other news further to that, Fulham are going down, only Cairney ex of Leeds United looks like he understands what he’s doing

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:46 am

topbin

Postby topbin » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:35 am

Just put my vote in for that.

Went for Bielsa as #1, Lopategui as #2 and Zidane as #3 as I think those two are least likely to get other votes elsewhere

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:39 am

Seems equally as daft as the fair play award the other year but, fuck it, I’m all in for it :lol:
Keep Fighting

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:49 am

Just read that on Waccoe. Reports of Villa fans bleating on Twitter about Dean Smith being better than Bielsa. Silly cunts. All that money he had to spend and he only escaped relegation with help from a bit of goal line technology fucking up.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:04 am

dirty leeds wrote:Just read that on Waccoe. Reports of Villa fans bleating on Twitter about Dean Smith being better than Bielsa. Silly cunts. All that money he had to spend and he only escaped relegation with help from a bit of goal line technology fucking up.

i read someone on I think twitter argue that Fat Frank was more deserving.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:05 am

topbin wrote:Just put my vote in for that.

Went for Bielsa as #1, Lopategui as #2 and Zidane as #3 as I think those two are least likely to get other votes elsewhere

i thought Zidane was quite likely to win it, given how many trophies he's picked up & how many fans RM have, even though he's arguably no more than a rich man's roberto di matteo.

i went for bielsa-klopp-lopa, which i thought would be more or less fair.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:08 am

I discounted the Bayern guy and Zidane, due to lack of competition in their respective leagues, so it was Bielsa, Servilla guy and Klopp.

I can't recall too many people enthusing about the excitement of Bmith-ball.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:11 am

topbin wrote:Just put my vote in for that.

Plan :thumbl:
Conclave member

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:32 am

'These days . . . '

Member of a clique

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:44 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:'These days . . . '

I bet he's the kind of cunt that @s supermarkets to tell them they'll never shop there again cos their current advert had no white people in it.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:39 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:'These days . . . '

If I take this seriously for a moment:
Wilder over the last 2 years is the only argument needed to discount Smith (or Farke as Norwich fans also suffering a bad case of boiled piss today).

Lampard... Just no. People will cite the embargo but they'd stockpiled so many players and still managed to sign a couple under embargo, all it really did was take the burden of expectation away from a still very expensive, very talented squad.

Wilder... Deserves recognition in fairness but hard to nominate him for taking his squad the 8th when they've only taken 1 point from 9 games so far this season.

Bielsa clearly hasn't done anything more remarkable than many 2nd tier title winning managers in recent years, if we're looking from the outside and purely at results vs budget. But, well, he clearly gets my vote and I wouldn't swap him for any of the other 4 right now.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:02 pm

i'm not normally one for christmas jumpers but my new one has just arrived.

increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:28 pm

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:31 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:https://twitter.com/allan_howe/status/1332763454172770307

i wonder what tommy thinks :lol:
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:23 am

Phil LUFC wrote:https://twitter.com/allan_howe/status/1332763454172770307

I still love that he does not do interviews in English.
Though I am sure the large spanish-speaking community in Wetherby help him get away with not learning the language.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:45 pm

Quiffy wrote:i wonder what tommy thinks :lol:

The commentator in question actually did tweet at me once I pointed out that I'd initially written that so fair play to him. Good memory to say that issue was months ago.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:42 pm

Quiffy wrote:i'm not normally one for christmas jumpers but my new one has just arrived.

Where did you get this Quiffy, I'd have one.
Andymac

Return to “The Square Ball”