YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Quiffy

Re: YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Postby Quiffy » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:24 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Quiffy wrote:been watching some old bielsa matches to help keep me ticking over in these hard times, which prompted me to look at his record on wiki.

interestingly, he's managed leeds more than any other team apart from atlelico bilbao and newell's old boys, who he'll take over soonish (91 to 94 to 112) times, but he's won more games with leeds than any other team where he's now won 49 games compared to 43 for bilbao and 39 for newell's.

of all the team's he's managed his win % is highest with argentina (61.8%), then velez sarsfield (57.9%) then leeds (53.8%).

just in case you wanted to know.

I'm given to understand he's actually a fraud, though.

did dulwich hamlet win in style, with a high press, high intensity and a striker who actually puts it in the net? is there a better sight than bielsa's leeds or have you got a touch of the yeboah's. it may be as infectious as covid19. maybe not.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

dirty leeds

Re: YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:43 pm

Quiffy wrote:did dulwich hamlet win in style, with a high press, high intensity and a striker who actually puts it in the net? is there a better sight than bielsa's leeds or have you got a touch of the yeboah's. it may be as infectious as covid19. maybe not.

:D

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:52 pm

This COVID 19 never won anything. Total fucking bollox talking about it being super infectious, not one trophy, not one.

Virus my arse.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Terre Harte II

Postby Terre Harte II » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:26 am

Scenario I'm afraid of.

They cancel the seasons at every level. The Premier League goes to 22 teams and we're promoted!

Bielsa, ever the avatar for integrity and principle of competition, politely turns down promotion because we "didn't earn it".

(I know it wouldn't actually be his call.)
The artist formerly known as Terre Harte I. Occasionally posts Nolans videos.

Something-something here about Massimo Cellino, beer and refrigerators.

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:16 pm

Individual training and diet plans sent to Leeds players, for them to adopt at home.
I like it. What is it?

Mindo

Postby Mindo » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:46 pm

Imagine being shutdown in a house with Alioski

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:00 pm

Mindo wrote:Imagine being shutdown in a house with Alioski

:lol:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:28 am

Two random thoughts as I drove home from work yesterday evening:

a) on 2020 performance so far, Bielsa’s got to be in with a serious shout of winning SPOTY

b) Episodes 4 & 5 of Take Us Home Season II are going to be pretty dull, all thing’s considered.
I like it. What is it?

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:43 pm

dunno why i'm not able to post youtube videos normally anymore, but if you've some time on your hands this is worth a watch, based on what i've seen so far... it's bielsa doing a full 75 minute seminar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z73tbrKfSoo&t
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:07 pm

Quiffy wrote:dunno why i'm not able to post youtube videos normally anymore, but if you've some time on your hands this is worth a watch, based on what i've seen so far... it's bielsa doing a full 75 minute seminar.
Skip the tags and it's fine (it's embedded now).

Tommy

YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Postby Tommy » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:17 pm

With Youtube you can just put the last part of the URL between the tags. The part after ‘v=‘.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:06 pm

Tommy wrote:With Youtube you can just put the last part of the URL between the tags. The part after ‘v=‘.

I was doing that but i didn't make it happy.

thanks anyway BW and Tommy.

I like the bit about how he thinks he's a better manager (in France) because he doesn't speak the language and he speaks less, so instead of speaking he shows them photos.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:50 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
Quiffy wrote:dunno why i'm not able to post youtube videos normally anymore, but if you've some time on your hands this is worth a watch, based on what i've seen so far... it's bielsa doing a full 75 minute seminar.
Skip the tags and it's fine (it's embedded now).

Astonishing.
Absolute master class, going from the general to the specifics under different circumstances, in detail, to a very knowledgable audience.
Without notes.
Kinnel.
Last person I saw do that was Noam Chomsky.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:55 pm

Mustafaster wrote:Astonishing.
Absolute master class, going from the general to the specifics under different circumstances, in detail, to a very knowledgable audience.
Without notes.
Kinnel.
Last person I saw do that was Noam Chomsky.

have to admit, without notes and due timings diego was kept busy as Marcelo kept jumping around the slideshow at the end. should have had salim on the buttons.

poor diego. :lol:

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:38 pm

Anyone else missing Bielsa's press conferences? Surely the least the club can do is get these back on the go. It'd beat the daily Plague Briefing, that's for sure.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:02 pm

Professor Weeto wrote:Anyone else missing Bielsa's press conferences? Surely the least the club can do is get these back on the go. It'd beat the daily Plague Briefing, that's for sure.

with the absence of football we could ask him about anything and really dig out his opinions on films, golf, politics and life in general. everybody would learn something. it'd give everyone in the world something to talk about the next day, from talksport to radio 4. this is an excellent idea :idea: :thumbl:

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:33 am

Well somebody is ready for the re-start:

Devi

Postby Devi » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:04 am

Already in Adidas kit I see...
I like it. What is it?

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:28 am

Devi wrote:Already in Adidas kit I see...

Bit fan of Adidas clobber, looking forward to seeing what they produce.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:08 pm

Ye gods. Who did this?

Even the famous Ken bust was more lifelike... it's like his face is melting off. Shaun Harvey in a k-hole.

Return to “The Square Ball”