YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Mr Reality

Re: YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Postby Mr Reality » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:28 am

Ponte wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Value added to the squad needs to be considered when talking about the cost of Bielsa as does increased commercial performance.

Also value added in enjoying going to Elland Road again and the feeling around the place. I look forward to going to games in a way I haven’t done for years.
Young fans are engaged again, which is massive.

:thumbl:

dirty leeds

Re: YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:16 am

Yep. I haven't enjoyed watching Leeds as much as this in years.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:08 am

If you look at our goals for/against column, and didn’t know what had happened here you’d be forgiven for thinking that we were playing dull boring football a la George Graham

Instead we have been majestic to watch. An utter joy. Love this man and everything he stands for

alienbumnote

Postby alienbumnote » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:20 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:If you look at our goals for/against column, and didn’t know what had happened here you’d be forgiven for thinking that we were playing dull boring football a la George Graham

Instead we have been majestic to watch. An utter joy. Love this man and everything he stands for

Best football since O'leary's babies!

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:54 pm

Nice little write-up in The Guardian today.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:00 pm

Tommy wrote:Nice little write-up in The Guardian today.

Ooh, I'd take that Rhian lad off Cess if Eddie goes. Sounds like it can't happen though.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:22 pm

Phil Hay mentioned yesterday in his Q&A that should Eddie Nketiah leave, Rhian Brewster is a credible loan target in January. Also mentioned Cenk Tosun at Everton.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:27 pm

Tommy wrote:Nice little write-up in The Guardian today.

I can't see the logic in the article suggesting that a further on-loan keeper might be required, as the current on-loan keeper is untested. Meslier has played for France at every level up to U20 and was the subject of a €10m bid from Monaco in 2018. Admittedly his goalscoring record is poor but you can't have everything.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:39 pm

:mrgreen:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

FER

Postby FER » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:57 am

Tommy wrote:Also mentioned Cenk Tosun at Everton.

My fantasy footy team last year was called Guns N' Tosun. I regretted it after Gameweek 1!
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

jackos

Postby jackos » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:06 pm

Marcelo Bielsa :salute: :salute:

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:37 pm

Fewer.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:14 pm

Agreed. But the numbers speak for themselves.

London_White

Postby London_White » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:52 pm

FER wrote:
Tommy wrote:Also mentioned Cenk Tosun at Everton.

My fantasy footy team last year was called Guns N' Tosun. I regretted it after Gameweek 1!

My favourite footy team name "Mertersaker Emptiness"
Wish I'd thought of it

Devi

Postby Devi » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:15 am

Has any manager of the month award winner ever immediately continued the form that won them the award in the first place? Asking for a friend.
I like it. What is it?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:21 am

Award confirmed this morning:

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:24 am

dirty leeds wrote:Award confirmed this morning:

Well deserved.
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:15 pm

That will be a loss tomorrow then..............

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:24 pm

He didn't lose last time he got it.

Return to “The Square Ball”