YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Proud to be Leeds

Re: YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:26 pm

That's just quotes from the documentary.
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

Tycipa

Re: YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Postby Tycipa » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:29 pm

jackos wrote:The Mirror .. If the League does properly enforce FFP it should give Radz a financial advantage other recent owners could only dream of.

Andrea Radrizzani has ruled out selling Leeds - but says he is open to new investment.

Radrizzani claims he has received offers to buy Leeds and it is believed Paris St Germain’s Qatari owners have shown interest.

But Radrizzani, who bought full control of Leeds two years ago, says he will not cash in because he is determined to lead the club back into the Premier League.

The Italian sold a 10 per cent stake in Leeds to NFL giants San Francisco 49ers last year and is open to selling off another chunk of the club.

“I hear a lot of rumours about me selling the club or leaving, absolutely no way,” said the Leeds chairman and owner. “Those who know me well know how much I am determined to reach my goals.

“I really want to get it done and I want to achieve my goals in everything I do.

“I also understand the opportunity to run this club and make this club big is massive, so I will not be afraid to open the club up to other partners if this helps the mission.

“I want to be guardian and the leader of this club, but I will not have a closed mind to accept help from other parties.

“In the last 18 months, we received much interest from parties to invest in the club or buy the club. I rejected all the options to buy the club because I did not want to give up.

“But I will listen to anyone who wants to join me and make this club bigger. I don’t exclude that maybe soon I will open the door to one or two partners to help this club become bigger.”

Isn’t that lifted verbatim from the doc?
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:02 pm

Tycipa wrote:
jackos wrote:The Mirror .. If the League does properly enforce FFP it should give Radz a financial advantage other recent owners could only dream of.

Andrea Radrizzani has ruled out selling Leeds - but says he is open to new investment.

Radrizzani claims he has received offers to buy Leeds and it is believed Paris St Germain’s Qatari owners have shown interest.

But Radrizzani, who bought full control of Leeds two years ago, says he will not cash in because he is determined to lead the club back into the Premier League.

The Italian sold a 10 per cent stake in Leeds to NFL giants San Francisco 49ers last year and is open to selling off another chunk of the club.

“I hear a lot of rumours about me selling the club or leaving, absolutely no way,” said the Leeds chairman and owner. “Those who know me well know how much I am determined to reach my goals.

“I really want to get it done and I want to achieve my goals in everything I do.

“I also understand the opportunity to run this club and make this club big is massive, so I will not be afraid to open the club up to other partners if this helps the mission.

“I want to be guardian and the leader of this club, but I will not have a closed mind to accept help from other parties.

“In the last 18 months, we received much interest from parties to invest in the club or buy the club. I rejected all the options to buy the club because I did not want to give up.

“But I will listen to anyone who wants to join me and make this club bigger. I don’t exclude that maybe soon I will open the door to one or two partners to help this club become bigger.”

Isn’t that lifted verbatim from the doc?

Yep, its called journalism these days.

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:05 pm

Tycipa wrote:Isn’t that lifted verbatim from the doc?

Probably, I've only watched the first episode and tried to ignore the worst of Radz self indulgence. So if this was ever news it's one year old news? How the fuck can they bring negotiations with the Qataris into it then? Cunts.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:21 am

Oh Bert you do float my fcking boat.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2019/08/blogs/ ... mpionship/
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:58 pm

This is magnificent: https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... s-16905857

I particularly like this:
Wyscout defines a smart pass as “something more than a simple pass. There has to be some idea in the pass, something creative, when the player is cutting the lines and winning some advantage for his teammates with this pass, leading them in good position to attack. The pass should be between 2-3 opposite players.”

Pablo Hernandez has made 25 smart passes in the Championship this season, more than any other player in the division and accounts for 49% of Leeds’ total smart passes in 2019/20. Mateusz Klich is next on the list with 6 (joint-18th highest in the division). Hernandez also completed the most for this metric last season, producing 132 in total or 3.2 per game.

Return to “The Square Ball”