YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
kennyb41

Re: YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Postby kennyb41 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:53 am

Phil LUFC wrote:Your man Bielsa has likely added £20m to the value of the squad he inherited - he's paid for himself and his staff (£6m over 2 seasons) within Phillips value increase alone.

Fcking spot on :thumbl:
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

kennyb41

Re: YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Postby kennyb41 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:02 am

After inheriting a boatload of shyte, Bert managed (fck knows how) to get us to our highest finish for over 15 years, he somehow got the best out of a lot of bob average players whilst putting millions on the likes of Phillips, I couldn't fcking believe that first game teamsheet V Stoke and thought ' what the fck has he done here,the fcking clown'....the resulting performance left me astounded with what he'd achieved in such a short space of time.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:45 am

Oheddieeddie wrote:Bielsa and team £3 million is what Hay has said repeatedly

Exactly this. Where Yeboah keeps claiming it is £6m from i dont know.
#MOT #GAWA

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:43 am

thestraw wrote:

Every national paper reported £6m. Which was then clarified to coaching staff.

Assuming your google isn’t broken, feel free to check

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:06 pm

Yeboah wrote:
thestraw wrote:

Source?? As the report in the daily star is crap with 4 different numbers mentioned.

“Starsport can reveal Bielsa signed a staggering £6m-a-year contract at the Yorkshire club.

Bielsa penned a two-year deal worth £12m that is more than double what any of his Championship rivals are getting paid.

The deal works out at £3m-a-season after tax and is £500k more than what Southgate earns from the FA”

When a source close to the club stated 3m a season..

jackos

Postby jackos » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:59 pm

Chieftain626 wrote:
Source?? As the report in the daily star is crap with 4 different numbers mentioned.

“Starsport can reveal Bielsa signed a staggering £6m-a-year contract at the Yorkshire club.

Bielsa penned a two-year deal worth £12m that is more than double what any of his Championship rivals are getting paid.

The deal works out at £3m-a-season after tax and is £500k more than what Southgate earns from the FA”

When a source close to the club stated 3m a season..

The first three of those work out around the same.

6M a year, 12M over two years, 3M net, all work out at ~6M a year.

The total is supposed to cover all the costs for Bielsa and his team, seems no-one know's how big his team is?

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:23 pm

Yeboah wrote:
thestraw wrote:

I'll go with what the local hacks are saying he is being paid, as opposed to the cretins based in London, thanks.
#MOT #GAWA

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:26 pm

June 14, 2018 | Yorkshire Evening Post (England)
Author: Phil Hay

A salary deal - believed to be worth in excess of £2m a year - was put in place early on and Leeds have been working to finalise a deal which will make Bielsa the highest paid coach in their 99-year history.

June 15, 2018 | Yorkshire Post (England)

Leeds began an ambitious bid to land Bielsa - one of the world's most renowned and respected coaches - last month and have handed him a salary in excess of £2m, the highest sum ever paid to a manager of the club.

June 15, 2018 | Yorkshire Evening Post (England)

He will earn between £2m and £3m, nothing like the £8m-a-year he was paid by Lille in his last job, but Leeds in all their 99 years have never committed to a higher wage for a head coach.

June 15, 2018 | Guardian, The (London, England)
Author: Ed Aarons

He is their 11th manager since 2012, and will reportedly earn £2m a year, making him their highest-paid manager.

June 16, 2018 | Daily Star (England)
Author: DAVE LYONS

The Argentinian, 62, is the Yorkshire club's 10th boss in four years on a deal worth £2.5m a year.

June 16, 2018 | Times, The (London, England)
Author: Paul Hirst

The 62-year-old has become the best-paid manager in the club's history, with his salary understood to be worth around £2 million per year.

June 16, 2018 | Sun, The (London, England)
Author: MICHAEL MORGAN

The ex-Argentina and Chile chief rejected Sporting Lisbon to sign a £2.5million-a-year deal at Elland Road and aims to end the Whites' 14-year top-flight exile.

June 16, 2018 | Daily Mirror, The / The Sunday Mirror (London, England)
Author: DAVID ANDERSON

Bielsa has finally been confirmed as head coach, becoming the Championship club's highest-ever paid boss on over £2million a year.

June 16, 2018 | Daily Telegraph, The/The Sunday Telegraph (London, England)
Author: Chris Bascombe

Radrizzani credited managing director Angus Kinnear and director of football Victor Orta for concluding the £2million a year contract.

June 25, 2018 | Daily Telegraph, The/The Sunday Telegraph: Web Edition Articles (London, England)
Author: Chris Bascombe

“Watching games with your analysis head on reduces the chance of you being wrong about an idea,” explained Bielsa, whose two-year deal is worth £5 million.

June 26, 2018 | Daily Mirror, The / The Sunday Mirror (London, England)
Author: DAVID ANDERSON

Bielsa, who agreed a twoyear deal worth around £5million to become Leeds' best-paid boss, pledged to give everything to bring success back to Elland Road.

August 3, 2018 | Daily Star (England)
Author: ALEC SHILTON

Bielsa stunned the game when took over at the Championship club in June on a deal worth a staggering £6m a year.

August 4, 2018 | Observer, The (London, England)
Author: David Hytner

Bielsa has brought eight members of staff with him to Elland Road and the club are paying them a collective £3m a year after tax.

August 4, 2018 | Express, The/The Express on Sunday
Author: Mike Whalley

Bielsa likes his teams to play in an attractive, attacking style and is out to entertain the fans, while insisting he is being driven by passion rather than the size of his £6m-a-year pay packet.

September 5, 2018 | Daily Mirror, The: Web Edition Articles (London, England)
Author: David Anderson

While his team thrashed out the details of his £2.5million-a-season, two-year deal, he sat at home in Buenos Aires and went through every one of the Championship club's 51 matches from the last campaign.

October 18, 2018 | Yorkshire Evening Post (England)

Marcelo Bielsa counts the £3m he is using to fund training facilities for the team he supported, played for and coached as the repayment of a debt ... a sum of cash greater than his annual wage as Leeds United head coach.
'If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance.' - Johan Cruyff

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:43 pm

Yeboah wrote:
thestraw wrote:

Every newspaper?
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:46 pm

Moscow, that degree of petard-hoisting almost qualifies as cruelty to a dumb animal.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:38 pm

Tycipa wrote:Every newspaper?

nope, apologies, I found 5 then stopped looking....

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:47 pm

Yeboah wrote:

You need to be careful when translating numbers into narrative, should the numbers not stack up it tends to undermine one's argument I find.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

jackos

Postby jackos » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:49 pm

Yeboah wrote:nope, apologies, I found 5 then stopped looking....

Which were they? I only asked because Moscow posted a list which included nine national and local rags, and only one, Daily Star, mentioned 6M (and 2.5M). The rest say 2-3M.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:03 pm

As someone already pointed out above, the fact that Bielsa has improved several of our players on previous seasons [Phillips out of all recognition] more than compensates for whatever we pay him. But it doesn't sound like it's 6m.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:27 pm

dirty leeds wrote:As someone already pointed out above, the fact that Bielsa has improved several of our players on previous seasons [Phillips out of all recognition] more than compensates for whatever we pay him. But it doesn't sound like it's 6m.

That will only be true if we sell Phillips or he goes on to improve again next season
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:16 pm

If he gets us promoted this season the £12m would have been worth it. The people saying that amount is too much will have a lot egg on their faces then.

Lets just try and forget about the 6m a season and enjoy the quality football he has to offer :thumbl:

As they say on the Chanel Number 5 advert - because he's worth it.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:56 pm

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:12 pm

He's got no fucking chance, the Lille defence lawyers will just show the court Youtube clips of Bamford and Kiko this season.

Case dismissed.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:25 pm

:mrgreen:

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:35 pm

Tycipa wrote:
Yeboah wrote:

You need to be careful when translating numbers into narrative, should the numbers not stack up it tends to undermine one's argument I find.

No one believes it anyway.

No one really listens.

And the actual amount is irrelevant anyway, any of the quoted figures is crazy for a champ. club.

Return to “The Square Ball”