YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Phil LUFC

Re: YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:43 pm

Andymac-47 wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:https://twitter.com/PhilHayYEP/status/1137770259707027457

I don't think anyone would be surprised at Carlos being admired. It's going to be interesting to see what he/the club does.

If we've any sense we'll tell him he's Marcelo's successor of he stays.

Yeboah

Re: YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Postby Yeboah » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:05 pm

welshwhite wrote:
Yeboah wrote:The point was Revies win % is lower

Incorrect, his win ratio in the second tier was 62.7%

Enjoy your evening :thumbl:

2nd tier then was obviously the same as it is now.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:05 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Andymac-47 wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:https://twitter.com/PhilHayYEP/status/1137770259707027457

I don't think anyone would be surprised at Carlos being admired. It's going to be interesting to see what he/the club does.

If we've any sense we'll tell him he's Marcelo's successor of he stays.

If they think he’s that good, they should have given it to him this summer.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:10 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:I wish cunts would stop blathering about this six million quid a year figure. If vast earnings upset your delicate snowflake sensibilities when it's not your money, I suspect professional football isn't the sport for you. Try netball or non-league or something.

Also:
- Is the six million figure verifiable? Says who?
- What's it for exactly? There have been rumours to the effect that the sum includes backroom staff but again, nothing verified.
- What are the comparable figures for all other managers in the division?
- What are these salaries ratioed by win percentage?

Without analysis or insight, the number is just fluff.

I don’t think vast earnings bother anyone.

But as ever, context is everything. For a club running at a substantial loss YoY.

Investing 15% of turnover on coaching staff that didn’t get us promoted, then repeating that trick for another season when all measurable performance indicators are going the wrong way seems ‘unwise’.

If next year goes the same as this one then the club will be in a very grim financial position in short order.

"all measurable performance indicators are going the wrong way" ???!!

He took practically the same squad TC/PH had from 13th to 3rd playing the most captivating football we've managed in at least a decade, arguably 2.

If that's the wrong way then I don't know what needs to happen for the "indicators" to start going the right way?

The Leeds united of 2019 was a very different team to that of late 2018.....in every way.

The optimism in MB is based on 2018 being the norm. not 2019.

I’d argue the reverse is true...at best. Which if true, means the club is committing financial suicide to employ someone.... to get us to 9th place.

2019 form table we were 16th....lost 10

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:12 pm

thestraw wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:

He's not managed a team in the league.

Thanks.

Yet we’re paying him at least 3 times more than any other manager in the league. And lots more than we could be paying a manager who has and who has also got a history of promotion.

Madness.

Madness is actually thinking offering Bielsa and his team another 12 months is madness.

Thank goodness you're not in charge of the coaching side, or the scouting.

Six million pounds...

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:13 pm

moscowhite wrote:
Asking how many Premier League games Bielsa has won is about as smart as asking how many World Cup games Neil Warnock has won.

Yes but we aren’t trying to win a World Cup are we.?

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:24 pm

Yeboah wrote:Six million pounds...

I fully agree with you on that point, it's way too much money for a Championship side, it's irresponsible to say the least. Six million quid, and that's without other bits and pieces like win bonuses, etc.

It all adds up to less money in our transfer war-chest :thumbd:

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:08 pm

welshwhite wrote:

I fully agree with you on that point, it's way too much money for a Championship side, it's irresponsible to say the least. Six million quid, and that's without other bits and pieces like win bonuses, etc.

It all adds up to less money in our transfer war-chest :thumbd:

If the rumours are true, it’s a mill more than the transfer ‘warchest’

jackos

Postby jackos » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:23 am

Yeboah wrote:If the rumours are true, it’s a mill more than the transfer ‘warchest’

If we sell Pontus + one and only bring in Costa, Harrison plus a young central defender then I would probably agreed that spending 6M to keep Bielsa was a bad idea. I think we got found out after Christmas, other teams had figured out how to neutralise our game, we need more quality if we're going continue to improve and a challenge playing Bielsaball.

At the same time I think it would be suicidal not to invest and go for it, we cant maintain our current losses in the Championship, another manager isn't the answer. The club needs to match its investment off the pitch on it.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:58 am

Yeboah wrote:
moscowhite wrote:
Asking how many Premier League games Bielsa has won is about as smart as asking how many World Cup games Neil Warnock has won.

Yes but we aren’t trying to win a World Cup are we.?

Are we trying to win the premier league next season?
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

jackos

Postby jackos » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:22 am

Would be a shame to loose Corberan

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:22 am

We'd get promoted if the owner and DOF were only half as good as the manager.

Wasting 7 million quid on a non motivated striker, plus the wasted money on shite loan signings was our downfall.

I have no confidence in the recruitement this season either.
We're going to lose one or two quality players, what's the chances of duds coming in instead of them....history with our current set-up says that's very high.

Player spotting needs to be done purely by Bielsa and his own staff.
I just hope that was part of his agreement ironed out for him to stay.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:28 am

Yeboah wrote:If they think he’s that good, they should have given it to him this summer.

Nonsense. He's not ready for the top job at Leeds, whether or not Bielsa is worth the money [and it's not £6m anyway]. He's still learning. Being top man is about more than just on-pitch coaching ability.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:46 am

welshwhite wrote:We'd get promoted if the owner and DOF were only half as good as the manager.

Wasting 7 million quid on a non motivated striker, plus the wasted money on shite loan signings was our downfall.

I have no confidence in the recrutement this season either.
We're going to lose one or two quality players, what's the chances of duds coming in instead of them....history with our current set-up says that's very high.

No, it's not Bielsa's job to do the scouting.
That's what you have a DoF for.
The coach has enough to do with two matches a week without doing the scouting for girls gig.
The DoF and the coach decide what kind of players we need, and the DoF goes and finds players who fit the profile.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:58 am

Mustafaster wrote:
welshwhite wrote:We'd get promoted if the owner and DOF were only half as good as the manager.

I have no confidence in the recrutement this season either.

No, it's not Bielsa's job to do the scouting.
That's what you have a DoF for.
The coach has enough to do with two matches a week without doing the scouting for girls gig.
The DoF and the coach decide what kind of players we need, and the DoF goes and finds players who fit the profile.

I'm not 100% sure on that, Keegan walked out because they wanted to take that part of the job off him. Doubt if Don Revie or that Whiskey nose cunt, or Clough never had any say in who to bring in either.

I know times are different now and they try to dress things up as (coach) rather than manager.
I find it hard to believe the likes of Guardiola, Klopp and others just bring the cones out, with a DOF just doing the recruitement.

I'd like to think Orta and Bielsa can choose between them, otherwise we're once again fucked.
I wonder who was behind the wanting James here transfer? I'd like to think that was Bielsa.

For 6 million quid a season I'd expect him to coach, recruit, and brush the fucking floor :thumbl:

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:13 am

I agree somebody should initially find them but the gaffer should run his beady eye over them and have the final say, my main concern lies with Orta who has never played any decent football in his life and continually acts like a monkey with a pin.

And yes i agree re - James, Bert would've seen him (probably against us) and thought 'fck me we could do with him' or ' I could turn him into something special'...I think i'm right in thinking that Orta created himself some sort of computer programme that spews out names, he has fck all knowledge of playing the game at any fcking level never mind a high one.

Fck me Welsh i don't wanna see Bert brushing the floor, what will we have become.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:17 am

We fell away because the ridiculous amount of chances we created/were given went unconverted.

Blunts at home, Brum away, QPR away, Brentford away, Wigan home. In all of these games we were guilty of missing better chances (and a lot more of them) than our opponents got.

Bamford mainly at fault but there were other sitters and penalties missed. Wigan was a one off joke of a game. Bamford missed 3 stick on sitters vs Brum, 2 very good chances vs QPR, another vs Blunts & another along with Roberts vs Brentford.

As I have said before, it means that the team end up pushing on even more in search of a goal and that had a knock on effect at the back often leaving us exposed (Brentford, Wigan & 1st half against Norwich when we had been the better team)

Strikers are the most expensive players for a reason, nearly all promoted teams have a good finisher. We wont go up without one.

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:21 am

We don't even know if this is accurate, it is more likely to be £3m a season based on what respected journos are saying - the same price as a Kiko Casilla for 2x seasons for context. I know where I'd like the money spent - on a coach that was able to bring basically the same team which finished mid table (and in relegation form in second half of 2018 under The Heck lets not forget), to top of the table in the first half of the next season and just outside the top 2 after his first season. Madness to not think he is not worth the money, utter madness.

We are very, VERY lucky to have him.
#MOT #GAWA

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:23 am

Bamford is a luxury player that normally wouldn't fit into a Bert team, but needs must last season and i now think Edmonson would've done a better job and possibly got us up, he would've worked his stones off to impress.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:39 am

Just found this on the net, the cunt uses Panini stickers :lol: You can't fcking scout for players if you've never played the fcking game, in my eyes he got fcking lucky a few times in the past...how many signings has he been responsible for here huh? And how many can be considered successful???...Wanker...fck him off.

Victor Orta may not be a name known by many supporters or pundits, but he carries serious clout inside the closed world of football’s behind-the-scenes machinery.

The driven self-taught football technocrat is hugely respected by scouting, coaching and technical professionals and also by administrators at the top level clubs across Europe.

While he was never a player his career has been driven by a thirst for information about the game.

As a child he first created a mental database of players as his elder brother quizzed him on World Cup stars from Panini books and after that he never stopped learning, absorbing and trying to impart information.

He is a qualified coach. He taught himself Italian so he could follow Serie A. He is a former journalist who worked for Marca and Sky Espana. He has worked as a football agent and was on the admin staff at Valladolid before being taken on as part of the technical and recruitment staff at Sevilla.

Return to “The Square Ball”