YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
dirty leeds

Re: YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Postby dirty leeds » Tue May 28, 2019 11:08 am

Here's what it looks like on Phil Hay's Twitter:

thestraw

Re: YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Postby thestraw » Tue May 28, 2019 11:24 am

In Bielsa we Trust. Marvellous news, just bloody marvellous
#MOT #GAWA

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue May 28, 2019 11:28 am

YEP, "Leeds have committed to further changes to their training ground at Thorp Arch, including the installation of a 1km running track requested by Bielsa, and are ready to meet his demands in the transfer market."

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:30 am

Great news. Now back him Radz.

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Tue May 28, 2019 11:36 am

This has just made my day. I’m fucking grinning.

Get the fuck in!
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Tue May 28, 2019 11:42 am

We had Phil Hay on the podcast last night and I asked him about Bielsa's pay.

He said he was told by the club it's £3m p/a, out of which Bielsa pays all the salaries/needs of his coaching staff.

He said that he'd seen the £6m p/a being reported by others, and his theory was the difference could be due to counting tax/pensions/relocations/bonuses/sundries.

Training Groud Guru list four staff arriving with Bielsa (I suspect there are more; remember the coaches in the East Stand at last season's first game, and the 'scouts' going to other cities); we'll just add Salim Lamrani as he's not on that list but is obviously here, and ignore for simplicity that Bielsa will get more than the others:

£3m/6 = £500,000 each, or £9,600 per week

or

£6m/6 = £1m each, or £19,200 per week

We paid Steve Morison around £20,000 a week for four years (he claims we were still paying him after he left). Insert your own choice of high waged underperforming player here.

I think we're getting good value given the number and quality of staff that Bielsa has brought with him for that £3/6m, and the level of improvement we've seen on the pitch.
'If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance.' - Johan Cruyff

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:52 am

Great news.
Andymac

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Tue May 28, 2019 12:12 pm

My money is going on WGUAFC next season after this news.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue May 28, 2019 12:16 pm

Ponte wrote:My money is going on WGUAFC next season after this news.

Yeah, just put one on.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Munson

Postby Munson » Tue May 28, 2019 12:39 pm

Fantastic news. Much more appropriate to go up in our centenary year as Champions (with 100 points).

Not getting carried away or anything.

Great stuff.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Tue May 28, 2019 1:02 pm

Yeboah wrote:
MightyWhite wrote:Yep. Confirmed. Great news :cheers:

Fuck, another £6m down the tubes

Wind back to three years ago from now (when Radz first starting showing some interest) and then go on one of your diatribes about how this club has not improved, made the wrong choices, invested unwisely, etc etc.

The man has invested heavily in lots of areas and there is a palpable change to everything and I mean everything. I’d rather have the Leeds United of May 2019 than the Leeds United of May 2016.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Tue May 28, 2019 1:44 pm

currently 8/1 joint favourites with fulham and west brom.
willhill championship odds

i think we started last season off at 16/1
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Tue May 28, 2019 1:56 pm

Quiffy wrote:

Can't help think Fulham will be distinctly average . WBA - losing a few older players ,loans going back and probably buying little .
Good news IMO with Bielsa , would assume he's been given assurances on squad and strengthening etc , which if so is also good news . Maybe he knows more about potential investment etc as rumoured , which would strengthen his/the clubs hand , I certainly don't see the squad as it stands right now s doing better than season just gone . Hopefully this is all positive stuff from all angles .

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Tue May 28, 2019 2:36 pm

moscowhite wrote:We had Phil Hay on the podcast last night and I asked him about Bielsa's pay.

He said he was told by the club it's £3m p/a, out of which Bielsa pays all the salaries/needs of his coaching staff.

He said that he'd seen the £6m p/a being reported by others, and his theory was the difference could be due to counting tax/pensions/relocations/bonuses/sundries.

Training Groud Guru list four staff arriving with Bielsa (I suspect there are more; remember the coaches in the East Stand at last season's first game, and the 'scouts' going to other cities); we'll just add Salim Lamrani as he's not on that list but is obviously here, and ignore for simplicity that Bielsa will get more than the others:

£3m/6 = £500,000 each, or £9,600 per week

or

£6m/6 = £1m each, or £19,200 per week

We paid Steve Morison around £20,000 a week for four years (he claims we were still paying him after he left). Insert your own choice of high waged underperforming player here.

I think we're getting good value given the number and quality of staff that Bielsa has brought with him for that £3/6m, and the level of improvement we've seen on the pitch.

All of that may be true...or not, but unless it translates into promotion, none of it matters. That’s the harsh reality

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Tue May 28, 2019 2:38 pm

Quiffy wrote:

In early Jan we were 1/3 to get promoted, I laid a grand to win £3k ....and collected.

Odds mean nothing

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Tue May 28, 2019 2:41 pm

Tycipa wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
MightyWhite wrote:Yep. Confirmed. Great news :cheers:

Fuck, another £6m down the tubes

Wind back to three years ago from now (when Radz first starting showing some interest) and then go on one of your diatribes about how this club has not improved, made the wrong choices, invested unwisely, etc etc.

The man has invested heavily in lots of areas and there is a palpable change to everything and I mean everything. I’d rather have the Leeds United of May 2019 than the Leeds United of May 2016.

Hmm, posting massive losses and the club don’t own the ground.....and still not promoted.

Heading towards another financial meltdown unless Bielsa can find the LUFC of pre Xmas.

Remember, post Xmas form (once people had worked us out) puts us 9th

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Tue May 28, 2019 2:42 pm

Clacton white wrote:
Quiffy wrote:

Can't help think Fulham will be distinctly average . WBA - losing a few older players ,loans going back and probably buying little .
Good news IMO with Bielsa , would assume he's been given assurances on squad and strengthening etc , which if so is also good news . Maybe he knows more about potential investment etc as rumoured , which would strengthen his/the clubs hand , I certainly don't see the squad as it stands right now s doing better than season just gone . Hopefully this is all positive stuff from all angles .

Going heavy on EPL loans apparently according to Hay

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue May 28, 2019 3:40 pm

Clacton white wrote:
Quiffy wrote:

yeah, i dunno. i certainly don't see an outstanding tip for the title, though as we saw last season with i suppose all the top three they can occasionally come out of nowhere.

i remember reading that colin has 'received assurances' regarding cardiff's budget, on this basis i assume that they'll be decent.

Ballgirl

Postby Ballgirl » Tue May 28, 2019 4:58 pm

Fantastic news!! Time for a happy dance!! :cheers: :thumbl:
Prediction League Champion 2015-16

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Tue May 28, 2019 5:03 pm

Six million quid a season is a lot of cash for any Championship manager.

If he fails to gain promotion again next season he should pay it all back to the club for broken promises.

Return to “The Square Ball”