YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Musson Grumble

Re: YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Postby Musson Grumble » Sun May 19, 2019 7:21 pm

jackos wrote:
Musson Grumble wrote:Sadly he's laughing last and longest, his team just won against Leeds in the second most important game of the season, despite three previous losses on the bounce. FFP will have nothing to say, FL'sDC will walk away.

That's utter tosh. The way you win says everything about you as a person and a manager. Lampard behaved like a cunt after spygate, and has shown no dignity following their win. A team has every right to celebrate after winning their place in the final, but they celebrated like they had just won the CL. They haven't. They have won fuck all yet.

Bit unfair methinks. Winning is winning. They won against us. They've won no trophy yet, given, but they are currently laughing loud and hearty over us. I agree FL showed no dignity following the win, but, that happens everywhere all the time.
Eat more English celery.

Mr Reality

Re: YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Postby Mr Reality » Sun May 19, 2019 7:52 pm

All lampard need to do was shake bielsa's then he could have ran on the pitch and done what the fuck he liked. I didn't even mind giving the fans some with the binocular gestures.

The fact bielsa had to go on the pitch after waiting for lampard speaks volumes.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun May 19, 2019 8:11 pm

Mr Reality wrote:All lampard need to do was shake bielsa's then he could have ran on the pitch and done what the fuck he liked. I didn't even mind giving the fans some with the binocular gestures.

The fact bielsa had to go on the pitch after waiting for lampard speaks volumes.

I turned the whole shebang off as soon as the whistle went, so didn't know this. Completely agree.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun May 19, 2019 8:25 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:All lampard need to do was shake bielsa's then he could have ran on the pitch and done what the fuck he liked. I didn't even mind giving the fans some with the binocular gestures.

I turned the whole shebang off as soon as the whistle went, so didn't know this. Completely agree.

I was back for the first time in two years so blame me for the loss. :)

jackos

Postby jackos » Sun May 19, 2019 9:16 pm

Mr Reality wrote:I was back for the first time in two years so blame me for the loss. :)

Appreciate the offer but I'll stick to blaming Casilla if you dont mind :thumbl: :thumbl:

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:04 am

Goes to show how thick that trio of Terry, Lampard and the barnacle Jody Morris are.

Going on social media to take the piss out of Bielsa when one of you are going to lose the biggest game of the season. No class and no brains between them.

Villa will be roundly fucked by FFP if they do not go up and Mel Morris cant sell the stadium to himself every season to save Derby. Both wage bills are through the roof and they have played every financial card that they have.

Will be interesting to see what becomes of both next season.

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Mon May 20, 2019 9:10 am

Exactly. Its says more about a man in victory than it does in defeat - Lampard showed a total lack of class and respect. I hope FLDC get hammered in the final, and FF goes to Chelsea where he gets exposed as the shite manager that he is.
#MOT #GAWA

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon May 20, 2019 10:51 am

Shouldn’t the Leeds fans have waited to make sure we got past Derby before singing and widely publicising the cheer up Frank Lampard song.....on that basis then?

Another case Imo where Leeds fans are divorced from reality. JT and FL are universally reviled in football in general but after

- spy gate
- binocular mimes at pride park
- the lecture presser
- the song

Most people are now on FL’s side.

Not entirely sure what people expected to happen after that result at ER.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Mon May 20, 2019 10:56 am

Yeboah wrote:Shouldn’t the Leeds fans have waited to make sure we got past Derby before singing and widely publicising the cheer up Frank Lampard song.....on that basis then?

Another case Imo where Leeds fans are divorced from reality. JT and FL are universally reviled in football in general but after

- spy gate
- the lecture presser
- the song

If you can’t take it then don’t give it, if you can then give it large.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon May 20, 2019 10:58 am

Tycipa wrote:
Yeboah wrote:Shouldn’t the Leeds fans have waited to make sure we got past Derby before singing and widely publicising the cheer up Frank Lampard song.....on that basis then?

- spy gate
- the lecture presser
- the song

If you can’t take it then don’t give it, if you can then give it large.

Agree 100%

The posts above suggest at least some Leeds fans can’t take it.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:01 pm

Managers and assistants are not fans............but you would know that being an ex pro wouldn't you?

They directly represent their clubs and should be above posting nonsense on social media. Classless cunts.

They have opened themselves up to a lot more stick whatever the result next Monday, for that they are also stupid.

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Mon May 20, 2019 12:56 pm

Are you actually saying its the fans fault for singing a song about him that FF doesn't have the common decency or manners to graciously shake Bielsa's hand after a big win?

If you like the Chelsea rent boys that much, maybe you should start going to their matches instead (presuming you actually go to ER, of which i have my doubts ).
#MOT #GAWA

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon May 20, 2019 4:53 pm

thestraw wrote:

Are you actually saying its the fans fault for singing a song about him that FF doesn't have the common decency or manners to graciously shake Bielsa's hand after a big win?

If you like the Chelsea rent boys that much, maybe you should start going to their matches instead (presuming you actually go to ER, of which i have my doubts ).

No I’m saying that before you take the piss out of someone, make sure you’ve beaten them. Thus you don’t give them extra motivation to beat you. Whereupon you look a bit stupid.

I go to lots of games/grounds.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Mon May 20, 2019 6:09 pm

Just gonna leave that there.

To avoid any confusion.

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Thu May 23, 2019 8:30 am

A piece on Liverpool's data analysis method (from the NY Times). I see a few similarites with what Bielsa is doing (how MB bangs on about goals per chance created and so on). Interestingly it mentions the greater importance of luck in the result af a game because there are fewer actual opportunities to change the score.

There's not much in there that a real soccerball fan won't know, but perhaps it shows that the yanks are still innerested in the bootiful game.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/22/maga ... rpool.html

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue May 28, 2019 10:50 am

He’s staying?

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Tue May 28, 2019 11:04 am

Yep. Confirmed. Great news :cheers:
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Tue May 28, 2019 11:05 am

MightyWhite wrote:Yep. Confirmed. Great news :cheers:

Fuck, another £6m down the tubes

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue May 28, 2019 11:06 am

yeah, that is very good. it hopefully means that we're going to be able to kick off with a squad that's more or less as good as the last one.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue May 28, 2019 11:06 am

Yeboah wrote:
MightyWhite wrote:Yep. Confirmed. Great news :cheers:

Fuck, another £6m down the tubes

Oh fuck off you miserable cunt.

Fucking wonderful news, made my month. In Bielsa We Trust*

*See above, miserable cunt.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Return to “The Square Ball”