Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
the flying pig

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby the flying pig » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:50 pm

elding's leeds 'career' will have been relegated to a quiz question in a few years' time.

one does wonder whether a loan deal mightn't have been more appropriate.

still, looks like we managed to get rid nice and quickly.

hairy mike

Postby hairy mike » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:56 pm

Not sure if he was ever given a chance but he was one of Midget Den's last signings and not a Macca choice. Must not rate him highly enough in training as he never really got picked. Seemed to score a few in the stiffs so maybe that is his true level. Good luck to the fella anyway!

Has Constantine been released - no mention of that but another who never made Macca's "19"
The only thing I fear about getting older is smelling of piss

Rob

Postby Rob » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:59 am

If true there was a v good thread on ruddy Waccoe from someone who'd been on hoilday with several players (he had the photos to prove it) alleging that Kevin Phillips has been offered a one year deal, wants to come etc but only for a two year contract. Good bloke apparently and has trained at TA. Maynard's also been at TA and should sign shortly, with Sheehan penning a three year deal in a few weeks time having turned down a four year offer by Leicester (he think Mandaric is a cunt and their fans lightweight wankers) Rirodan's agent has been demanding a million for him to come to Leeds so that move's unlikely to happen.

Other things apparently are that Howson is Leeds through and through almost frighteningly so, many players (Prutton, Douglas, Sheehan) dislike Beckford as he is a billy big boots etc and gives it all the 50 cent type rubbish, Johnson had to have professional counselling to deal with the big time expectations he encountered after moving to Leeds but he know loves it at the club (was throwing up in the tunnel pre match) And Kilkenny has the smallest cock in the squad with Kandol the biggest.

Probably was all crap in the usual Waccoe style but interesting reading none the less. Time will tell I guessif this info true. The thread's now been pulled as I think it has some of players email addresses included.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:58 am

Odd how it always comes down to cock-size with footballers. And women.

Supernorm

Postby Supernorm » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:56 am

Somehow I don't think the fans could warm to this chap :wink:

Anyway, I think he's well past his 'sell buy' date, the idea should be dismissed completely. From the YEP..........

Leeds United eye move for Cole

LEEDS UNITED have been linked with a shock swoop for ex-England striker and five-times Premiership title winner Andrew Cole.

The veteran goal king, second in the all-time Premiership scoring charts with 185 goals, was recently freed by Sunderland and has emerged as an alternative target if the Whites' bid to land West Brom's Kevin Phillips flounders.

Former Manchester United and Newcastle ace Cole, 36, above, spent a spell on loan at Burnley in the second half of last season, firing six goals in 13 matches, but recently rejected a permanent switch to Turf Moor.

Cole is also wanted by Norwich City – whose No.2 Lee Clark and goalkeeping coach Tommy Wright played with him on Tyneside – but Leeds are poised to battle it out with the Canaries to land the striker.

Cheshire-based Cole is thought to be reluctant to uproot to East Anglia, with a switch to Elland Road far more appealing.

United's hopes of landing Phillips, who will hold fresh contract talks with Albion this week, are set to be resolved – one way or the other – this week.

And with a host of Championship clubs battling it out to land Phillips, Leeds are looking at contingency plans should they fail to land the 34-year-old.
Gripper wrote: "I did a Shaolin Qi-Gong taster sesh a few weeks back. Dead good it was" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Krumpli

Postby Krumpli » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:02 am

No. No, no, no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:03 am

cole, cole, well, that might be a reasonable signing i suppose. the price would have to be right though.

he's clearly not going to be a 40-game man at the age of 36 going on 37. we would still need two main front-line strikers in addition to him, e.g. beckford + freedman or, more likely, beckford replacement + freedman replacement.

obviously has lost his pace, but his finishing, whilst it's never been exceptional [as helpfully pointed out by glen hoddle all those years ago], would be more than useful by league one standards.

something like [say] a basic £2k per week plus £2k per game he plays plus £2k for every goal the team scores whilst he's on the pitch might be an acceptable deal for both sides?

Supernorm

Postby Supernorm » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:14 am

By the way, why did the commentators start calling him Andrew Cole, he was Andy for a long long time, then he suddenly became Andrew for the past couple of seasons, maybe his mum phoned them to put them right, we all had mates with a nickname, who's mother would say there's no Beggsy/Spud/Super :wink: lives here when you called for them.

Another one that bothers me is the commentators always saying Chabbio Alonso (excuse the spelling), why does he get his full forname and surname from commentators while Gerrard/Carragher etc only get mentioned with their surname, can anyone explain that one to me?
Gripper wrote: "I did a Shaolin Qi-Gong taster sesh a few weeks back. Dead good it was" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Disco Dan
Site Admin

Postby Disco Dan » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:19 am

Supernorm wrote:Another one that bothers me is the commentators always saying Chabbio Alonso (excuse the spelling), why does he get his full forname and surname from commentators while Gerrard/Carragher etc only get mentioned with their surname, can anyone explain that one to me?

That font of all knowledge, Wikipedia informs me that his full name is Xabi Alonso Olano, but that he is commonly known as Xabi Alonso.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:20 am

Supernorm wrote:...Another one that bothers me is the commentators always saying Chabbio Alonso (excuse the spelling), why does he get his full forname and surname from commentators while Gerrard/Carragher etc only get mentioned with their surname, can anyone explain that one to me?

dunno.

maybe he often went by that name in spain cos he used to play alongside his brother, who's now at bolton, might be confusing etc?

also english commentators no doubt relish the chance to show how cultured they are by pronouncing a name that starts with an 'X'.

hairy mike

Postby hairy mike » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:28 am

I'd rather have Freedman back. I think Dougie has a lot more guile than Cole and I liked the way he very obviously talked to the other strikers whilst the game was on.

Maybe we should be bringing Brain Deane back if we are looking at has beens......!!
The only thing I fear about getting older is smelling of piss

The High Priest

Postby The High Priest » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:34 am

Can't say I'm surprised to hear that Kandol has the biggest cock in the squad.

Apparently Duberry was packing some meat as well. A Square Ball magazine fella saw him on tour in Sweden once. Eye-wateringly big, apparently...

I wonder who has the biggest cock on this site?
The High Priest is working tirelessly to hold the congegration together in these benighted times.

burnleyinexile

Postby burnleyinexile » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:46 am

I wonder who has the biggest cock on this site?

Has or is ? :D
"Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them"

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.”

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:50 am

The High Priest wrote:...I wonder who has the biggest cock on this site?

as agent smith says in teh matrix film, fate or whatever has a strong sense of irony, it would be sod's law that a loser like Danny would be hung like a draft excluder but woudl never have got closer to using it for its intended purpose than nasty, furtive, wanking over the 'reserves and youths' page of a matchday programme sometime in the early 1970s.

my knee-jerk reaction was barry white, but on further reflection the photo is actually of the singer barry white rather than the poster presumably...

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:02 am

The High Priest wrote:I wonder who has the biggest cock on this site?

I'm afraid to say, at the age of 42, that mine has been worn down to a pathetic shrivelled stump as it has been subject to chronic over-use.

At least, that's what I tell myself.

The High Priest

Postby The High Priest » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:04 am

Danny is a good call.

There always tends to be a slightly odd fella at school who is hung like a horse. Perhaps the oddness derives from the knowledge that you pack such power in your pants but can't really talk about it?
The High Priest is working tirelessly to hold the congegration together in these benighted times.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:11 am

i reckon that wisey had a cock the size of an acorn.

this may have had a lot to do with his outbursts of petulance & aggression [e.g. attacking taxi drivers and sleeping team-mates].

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:22 am

Have you ever read that thing about measuring the maleness of males?

Apparently, if you lay your hand flat on the table and your ring finger is significantly longer than your index finger, you are far more likely to exhibit great sporting prowess and be a walking, raging storm of testerone fuelled masculinity.

I've measured my fingers and, well, let's just say I'm in touch with my feminine side :oops:

thechubbyone

Postby thechubbyone » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:31 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Have you ever read that thing about measuring the maleness of males?

Apparently, if you lay your hand flat on the table and your ring finger is significantly longer than your index finger, you are far more likely to exhibit great sporting prowess and be a walking, raging storm of testerone fuelled masculinity.

I've measured my fingers and, well, let's just say I'm in touch with my feminine side :oops:

My ring finger is significantly longer........ than my cock. What does that mean?

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:39 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Have you ever read that thing about measuring the maleness of males?

Apparently, if you lay your hand flat on the table and your ring finger is significantly longer than your index finger, you are far more likely to exhibit great sporting prowess and be a walking, raging storm of testerone fuelled masculinity...

i have heard about this, yes. i must say it seemed a bit odd to me.

anyway according to the ruler on my desk my left index finger is about 8cm, left ring finger about 9cm. make of that what you will.

although i get that by measuring them palm-up. palm down the measurements are both longer, but they are noticably not so far apart in length.

Return to “The Square Ball”