Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Phil LUFC

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:51 pm

sunshine whites wrote:Rumours that Milner will likely be available if Bindippers make moves in the transfer window
Because of age I doubt El Loco would sanction it but he still has the engine & work ethic to play Beilsa ball even if just to get us through this season & keep us up?

Micah Richards
"he is probably fitter now than I was in my prime. ..left City for Liverpool in 2015 for more game time, and he still has that hunger, he is one of those players who can just keep on going. I honestly think Milner could still be playing in the Premier League aged 40, if he wants to.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55606774

I really can't see it but in terms of backup/competition for Klich/Replacement for Forshaw it'd be a master stroke IMO.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:19 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
sunshine whites wrote:Rumours that Milner will likely be available if Bindippers make moves in the transfer window
Because of age I doubt El Loco would sanction it but he still has the engine & work ethic to play Beilsa ball even if just to get us through this season & keep us up?

Micah Richards
"he is probably fitter now than I was in my prime. ..left City for Liverpool in 2015 for more game time, and he still has that hunger, he is one of those players who can just keep on going. I honestly think Milner could still be playing in the Premier League aged 40, if he wants to.

I really can't see it but in terms of backup/competition for Klich/Replacement for Forshaw it'd be a master stroke IMO.

backup? he'd imo walk into the team ahead of klich.

i do think liverpool will be open to letting milner go soon, but more likely in the summer than now.

if you look at his minutes there, he's gone from a couple of seasons as a first teamer [2016-2017] to a couple of as a first teamer within a rotation system, i.e. averaging around 45 mins a week [2017-19], to a regularly used backup player, i.e. averaging around 25 mins a week [last season], and now finally this season he's down to about 10 mins a week on average, which probably does make him fairly dispensible.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:37 pm

the flying pig wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:

Micah Richards

backup? he'd imo walk into the team ahead of klich.

i do think liverpool will be open to letting milner go soon, but more likely in the summer than now.

if you look at his minutes there, he's gone from a couple of seasons as a first teamer [2016-2017] to a couple of as a first teamer within a rotation system, i.e. averaging around 45 mins a week [2017-19], to a regularly used backup player, i.e. averaging around 25 mins a week [last season], and now finally this season he's down to about 10 mins a week on average, which probably does make him fairly dispensible.

I was trying to adjust expectations for what we know about players coming into a Bielsa team. Plus Milner is more of a (significantly better) Stuart Dallas than a Klich, he's not really been a creative attacking midfielder since his Villa days.

Still, there's no doubt he could cover pretty much all of the positions we most desperately need to improve in - any of the 3 central midfield roles, either full back/wing back position, more defensively solid wide player... He could probably do a good job in a back 3 too.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:46 pm

sunshine whites wrote:get us through this season & keep us up?

I feel like I've missed some crucial information.

Are they relegating ten clubs this season?

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:03 pm

BBC Gossip have us after 2 aged 22 - another winger and a defender - one of those we need and the other for the collector's case.

Jose Mourinho's Spurs have joined Leeds and Juventus in the pursuit for Stuttgart winger Nicolas Gonzalez, 22, with the Argentina international a target for the summer transfer window. (Athletic - subscription required)

Leeds United have been linked with Sampdoria's in-demand 22-year-old Norwegian defender Fredrik Andre Bjorkan. (La Repubblica via Yorkshire Evening Post)

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:06 pm

Gonzalez link did the rounds in the summer. Not heard of the other bloke before, I don’t think.
Member of a clique

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:33 am

I liked being placed in the same group as Spurs and Juve - but that just makes it seem less realistic.

Trumper

Postby Trumper » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:45 am

Would have thought in this condensed season and already injury hit Pool would want to keep Milner for remainder of this season.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:45 am

fk this obsession with wingers its DMF we need.

Let Roberts go & get Milik, may be a value for money option, (8M valuation), certainly an upgrade who would link up with Klitch but guess wages may be an issue.

"Arkadiusz Milik, 26-year-old forward is certain to leave Napoli; hasn't played this season.frozen out under Gennaro Gattuso in a lengthy contract dispute, which is set to expire in June, so they have to cash in now.
Milik, scored 48 goals in 122 appearances for Napoli, & is 56-capped Poland international, former Ajax.
Roma and Juventus tried to get him but did not meet the 8M valuation by Napoli, now Toffees, West Ham, are desperate for injury cover & monitoring the situation"

Danny Rose’s contract could be cancel during the January transfer window, according to talkShite’s transfer expert Alex Crook.
frozen out by Moaninho. 30-year-old was left out of Yid’s Premier League and Europa League squads this season.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:52 am

Forshaw continues Rehab with his rehabilitation.
Should have had under-23s games before El Loco would consider him but there's still no sign of that.
Only 18 months left on his contract & not played since Sept 2019, we need to move on & get cover, Forshaw out at least on loan

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:03 am

sunshine whites wrote:Forshaw continues Rehab with his rehabilitation.
Should have had under-23s games before El Loco would consider him but there's still no sign of that.
Only 18 months left on his contract & not played since Sept 2019, we need to move on & get cover, Forshaw out at least on loan

Think we just need to cut our losses and sell him for parts

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:40 am

Rumours Sunshine may get his wish at the weekend and welcome Kiko the :clown: back as Meslier has the Miley.

With Cooper back there won't be any excuse for a poor performance in goal.....
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:56 pm

LSD&2Es wrote:Rumours Sunshine may get his wish at the weekend and welcome Kiko the :clown: back as Meslier has the Miley.

With Cooper back there won't be any excuse for a poor performance in goal.....

Nah I said after Crawley Casilla's head has gone & best solution for all is he moves on, but I highly doubted that will happen & we have massive problem.
My issue was the bigoted & prejudiced attitudes after Casilla served his punishment, persecuting a Leeds player who the players, manager club, still support & I'll repeat he was banned for using a racial language not for being a racist, just Carvahni

El Loco has come out this afternoon in defence again of Casilla- so the haters can take up the debate with El Loco

more importantly

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:31 pm

Robbie Gotts recalled from Lincoln, off to Salford.

Feels a bit unclean, that one :puker:

EDIT: & have we had Captain Yorkshire to the Cobblers anywhere?
Member of a clique

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:32 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Robbie Gotts recalled from Lincoln, off to Salford.

I mentioned this the other day. Lincoln not playing him so I am happy for him to go anywhere as long as he gets game time.

Arnieb

Postby Arnieb » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:01 pm

rss1969 wrote:

I mentioned this the other day. Lincoln not playing him so I am happy for him to go anywhere as long as he gets game time.

The worry is that other than Edmundson all our loan players are playing at league 2 level now. Probably shows their current level and explains why the kids struggled on Sunday.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:18 pm

Arnieb wrote:
rss1969 wrote:

The worry is that other than Edmundson all our loan players are playing at league 2 level now. Probably shows their current level and explains why the kids struggled on Sunday.

Good point. In the U23's they are up against comparative players but are part of a better, slicker system (we have outplayed most of the sides we have faced this season, even when we have lost). Taken out of that system and put up against more physical experienced pro's diminishes them somewhat...........they are literally in a bubble under Bielsaball.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:59 pm

rss1969 wrote:
Arnieb wrote:
rss1969 wrote:

Good point. In the U23's they are up against comparative players but are part of a better, slicker system (we have outplayed most of the sides we have faced this season, even when we have lost). Taken out of that system and put up against more physical experienced pro's diminishes them somewhat...........they are literally in a bubble under Bielsaball.

i also think they're put under less pressure on the ball in the u23's. you don't see the same intensity as in a league match, hence jenkins being caught out when he was immediately pressed deep in his half on sunday.

this is also what makes it good to watch, they have more time to express themselves on the ball. and this is one of the reasons why someone looking good at u23's doesn't necessarily mean they can replicate that form in the first team, not that they don't deserve that chance.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:11 am

Wilshere going to Bournemouth on a free apparently. Probably a sensible level, and maybe Bournemouth think they can afford a decorative trinket who may or may not turn out to be useful.
Member of a clique

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:02 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Wilshere going to Bournemouth on a free apparently. Probably a sensible level, and maybe Bournemouth think they can afford a decorative trinket who may or may not turn out to be useful.

Can we get Brooks then? Or perhaps Cook?

Return to “The Square Ball”