Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
Oheddieeddie
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Tacky with sweat and poisonous particulates.

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:39 am

the flying pig wrote:I've seen a bit of Cantwell, honestly doubt he's good enough for the PL right now. more a technical than physical player (skinny, slow) so possibly a late bloomer.


Yeah my thoughts too, great technical skills, creative, but always seems lightweight and easy to knock off the ball. I hadn’t noticed him being slow but he is easily tackled so maybe that’s why.

He’d be a good squad player, but you just think he’d be a Huckerby rather than a McAllister

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:54 am

Can we just not buy Norwich Football Club, close it down and open a huge McDonalds on the site, just to piss off Delia?

Andymac-47
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:06 pm
Location: Belfast

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Andymac-47 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:10 pm


He'll do!
Andymac

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:15 pm

Andymac-47 wrote:https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1310304390964707331?s=20
He'll do!

He's only 19. More exciting than Cantwell but I'd still rather have De Paul, the role of exciting 19yr old midfielder is already filled by Shackleton.

Andymac-47
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:06 pm
Location: Belfast

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Andymac-47 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:23 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Andymac-47 wrote:https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1310304390964707331?s=20
He'll do!

He's only 19. More exciting than Cantwell but I'd still rather have De Paul, the role of exciting 19yr old midfielder is already filled by Shackleton.

Not that makes much difference, but I'm reading that he's 21 Phil.
Andymac

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby the flying pig » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:23 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:
the flying pig wrote:I've seen a bit of Cantwell, honestly doubt he's good enough for the PL right now. more a technical than physical player (skinny, slow) so possibly a late bloomer.


Yeah my thoughts too, great technical skills, creative, but always seems lightweight and easy to knock off the ball. I hadn’t noticed him being slow but he is easily tackled so maybe that’s why.

He’d be a good squad player, but you just think he’d be a Huckerby rather than a McAllister


I'm pretty sure I said similar about Jack Clarke (remember him?) but Cantwell reminds me a little bit of Eddie's nephew Andy Gray, similar skillset, I could imagine him similarly popping up at a good level later in his career even if he does have to do a spell outside the top flight with Norwich. I suppose I suspect Cantwell will be a superior version, eg could be a good PL first teamer, maybe very good with some luck. but I'm not sure he's that now.

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:31 pm

Andymac-47 wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:
Andymac-47 wrote:https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1310304390964707331?s=20
He'll do!

He's only 19. More exciting than Cantwell but I'd still rather have De Paul, the role of exciting 19yr old midfielder is already filled by Shackleton.

Not that makes much difference, but I'm reading that he's 21 Phil.

Yeah, website I looked at was wrong, correct DOB but wrong age. It does make enough of a difference, at 21 he should be better able to compete physically but I'd still prefer someone around 25 with 3 or 4 full seasons at a decent level behind them.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:19 pm

Kiki on verge of going back to Spain, according to Twit-shit.

Bnimble
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:14 pm

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Bnimble » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:31 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Kiki on verge of going back to Spain, according to Twit-shit.


It makes sense. Clearly no place for him here. Let’s not sugar coat it he’s been terrible.

Arnieb
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:06 am

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Arnieb » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:25 pm

Bnimble wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:Kiki on verge of going back to Spain, according to Twit-shit.


It makes sense. Clearly no place for him here. Let’s not sugar coat it he’s been terrible.


Best approach for all concerned. He is shit and the FA report was damning. I am sort of okay with not sacking him only because the club was massively complicit in his shit defence.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:04 am

More on Cuisance:


Andymac-47
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:06 pm
Location: Belfast

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Andymac-47 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:27 am

dirty leeds wrote:More on Cuisance:


Watching some of show reels last night and this kid looks really good. Hope this happens.
Andymac

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Quiffy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:07 am

Andymac-47 wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:More on Cuisance:


Watching some of show reels last night and this kid looks really good. Hope this happens.

Likewise. He does look rather handy and may ease my lust for de Paul.
I think this could be a very good signing.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Mustafaster » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:13 am

Quiffy wrote:
Andymac-47 wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:More on Cuisance:


Watching some of show reels last night and this kid looks really good. Hope this happens.

Likewise. He does look rather handy and may ease my lust for de Paul.
I think this could be a very good signing.

Looks like the kid can pick a pass. Very quick feet, could be a very interesting signing.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Ponte » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:34 am

dirty leeds wrote:More on Cuisance:



Aye, that one is shiny enough to be a shiny new thing.
Conclave member

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:42 am

What's Robbie Savage going to do with the pronunciation though? Quiz-unz? Queas-aunts? Fuck knows.
Member of a clique

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:51 am

eric olthwaite wrote:What's Robbie Savage going to do with the pronunciation though? Quiz-unz? Queas-aunts? Fuck knows.

Cousins probably.

User avatar
Oheddieeddie
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Tacky with sweat and poisonous particulates.

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Oheddieeddie » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:12 pm

Rumours of a training ground bust up today between Cuisance and Robert Lewandowski.

Bayern fans saying that whilst the pole has prior for this sort of thing it’s more likely the fault is with Cuisance as his legendary bad attitude is well known

Oh!

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:19 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:Rumours of a training ground bust up today between Cuisance and Robert Lewandowski.

Bayern fans saying that whilst the pole has prior for this sort of thing it’s more likely the fault is with Cuisance as his legendary bad attitude is well known

Oh!


It all kicked off when Cuisance said, 'I'm wanted by Bielsa but, well, he's already got Patrick Bamford, so . . . '
Member of a clique

rss1969
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby rss1969 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:53 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
Oheddieeddie wrote:Rumours of a training ground bust up today between Cuisance and Robert Lewandowski.

Bayern fans saying that whilst the pole has prior for this sort of thing it’s more likely the fault is with Cuisance as his legendary bad attitude is well known

Oh!


It all kicked off when Cuisance said, 'I'm wanted by Bielsa but, well, he's already got Patrick Bamford, so . . . '


Probably said he is off to play with Klich & Koch.............


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests