Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:53 pm

:x ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:56 pm

Ponte wrote:How the fuck they know it's RDP is beyond me :lol:



That's actually Dan James. Or possibly Vampire. Maybe Kenny?

jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby jackos » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:03 pm

dirty leeds wrote:That's actually Dan James. Or possibly Vampire. Maybe Kenny?


Looks like a Chelsa fan to me..
Traditional Socialist Bastard

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Ponte » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:55 am

According to waccoe, Victor was at Manchester T3 this morning flying to Amsterdam.
He may just be there for baked goods or catching a connecting flight.
Conclave member

Arnieb
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:06 am

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Arnieb » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:22 am

Ponte wrote:According to waccoe, Victor was at Manchester T3 this morning flying to Amsterdam.
He may just be there for baked goods or catching a connecting flight.


Definitely Orta. There is an easy connection to Venice, which isn't a stupid airport to use for Udinese....

Wakefield White
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:57 pm
Location: t'other side o't hills

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Wakefield White » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:26 am

Arnieb wrote:
Ponte wrote:According to waccoe, Victor was at Manchester T3 this morning flying to Amsterdam.
He may just be there for baked goods or catching a connecting flight.


Definitely Orta. There is an easy connection to Venice, which isn't a stupid airport to use for Udinese....


Interesting that he wouldn’t chose to fly direct from Manchester to Venice.
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

User avatar
Tommy
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:07 pm
Location: UK

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Tommy » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:29 am

It's almost as if he's not going to Venice.

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby the flying pig » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:57 am

so it's now, what, the thick end of £80 that we've spent this summer if you include costa & meslier, potentially nudging up towards the thick end of £100m depending the outcome of the JKA saga, with seemingly more to come.

i can't help but worry that relegation this season will see us end up, y'know, 'doing a leeds'.

jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby jackos » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:05 am

the flying pig wrote:i can't help but worry that relegation this season will see us end up, y'know, 'doing a leeds'.


Lets not worry about relegation after two games.

Whatever happens this season we are still going to be better off than 95% of clubs outside the EPL. Can you imagine the shit we'd have been in this season with covid if we hadn't been promoted? Bugger knows how championship clubs are going to survive without breaking FFP rules when they have lost 80% of their income.
Traditional Socialist Bastard

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:13 am

And also, 'doing a Leeds' the Ridsdale way also included the effect of Bosman, which slashed the value of our players massively on top of the 'distressed seller' aspect of relegation. That isn't a factor this time.

In any case, we're not getting relegated, so it's irrelevant.

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:14 am

the flying pig wrote:so it's now, what, the thick end of £80 that we've spent this summer if you include costa & meslier, potentially nudging up towards the thick end of £100m depending the outcome of the JKA saga, with seemingly more to come.

i can't help but worry that relegation this season will see us end up, y'know, 'doing a leeds'.

Generally 4 year contracts, financial impact of £25m per season (plus wages). I'm not too worried yet. If the worst happens we'll have spent next season's parachute money already but would likely sell a few players for £30m (their value after they're proven at this level, for our better performers at least).

If there's a delayed reaction and covid results in the arse dropping out of next summer's transfer market then it'd be very reminiscent of going down after itv digital collapsed. But, y'know, £100m then would be £500m now in football finance inflation so we're ok for a bit yet.

On an assumption we're staying up we could probably afford to spend another £50m or so too.

I think we can can exclude JKA, it's gone too quiet and to some extent the Messi situation confirms the importance of the wording. If it said "on promotion" rather than "by July" or whatever we'd have completed by now.

User avatar
Tommy
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:07 pm
Location: UK

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Tommy » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:40 am

Tommy wrote:It's almost as if he's not going to Venice.

Maybe he's going to meet someone regarding Teun Koopmeiners, the latest midfielder we've been linked with.

User avatar
LSD&2Es
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:06 am
Location: Surrey

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby LSD&2Es » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:56 am

Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:It's almost as if he's not going to Venice.

Maybe he's going to meet someone regarding Teun Koopmeiners, the latest midfielder we've been linked with.


Also could be that Amsterdam is a good hub location for people to fly into and get business done?!
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

User avatar
Tommy
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:07 pm
Location: UK

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Tommy » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:02 pm

Apparently Forshaw has had a setback so it looks as though we might be after someone who can also fill that role. That Dutch kid can apparently.

Arnieb
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:06 am

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Arnieb » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:18 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
I think we can can exclude JKA, it's gone too quiet and to some extent the Messi situation confirms the importance of the wording. If it said "on promotion" rather than "by July" or whatever we'd have completed by now.


I've worked on a few commercial disputes at work and if RBL were sure of their ground they would have stuck in a letter and an invoice the day after the EPL AGM when we were officially an EPL club again. The invoice would be dated for payment within 30 days. On expiry they would put in a chaser invoice with either an additional 14 or 30 days to pay but with a clear threat of "we reserve the right to pursue legal means to recover this debt if you do not pay by the date shown."

As soon as we handed back JKA in June it was obvious we didn't intend to pay, so all RBL would have to do would be to be seen to give us time to pay, to satisfy a judge that they hadn't been too quick to go to court.

On this basis they should be commencing legal action in about 2 weeks. As far we know they have done nothing so far, which suggests their lawyers have been told the same as Messi's - unless there is a force majeure clause or a similar "date moves with the season" clause any court will strictly interpret the date.

My only concern is that I don't know which court system has jurisdiction in a dispute here (English, German etc), so if it is German I may be wrong. However if it is German, then I would have expected RBL to move quickly as they would understand the process far better than we do and they would seek to exploit it.

User avatar
AndyPaul
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:27 am

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby AndyPaul » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:37 pm

So Orta is signing players in TGI fridays and then flying to Amsterdam where other than North Korea he can go anywhere in the world? I can't fucking wait for the rumour mill now

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:04 pm

Arnieb wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:
I think we can can exclude JKA, it's gone too quiet and to some extent the Messi situation confirms the importance of the wording. If it said "on promotion" rather than "by July" or whatever we'd have completed by now.


I've worked on a few commercial disputes at work and if RBL were sure of their ground they would have stuck in a letter and an invoice the day after the EPL AGM when we were officially an EPL club again. The invoice would be dated for payment within 30 days. On expiry they would put in a chaser invoice with either an additional 14 or 30 days to pay but with a clear threat of "we reserve the right to pursue legal means to recover this debt if you do not pay by the date shown."

As soon as we handed back JKA in June it was obvious we didn't intend to pay, so all RBL would have to do would be to be seen to give us time to pay, to satisfy a judge that they hadn't been too quick to go to court.

On this basis they should be commencing legal action in about 2 weeks. As far we know they have done nothing so far, which suggests their lawyers have been told the same as Messi's - unless there is a force majeure clause or a similar "date moves with the season" clause any court will strictly interpret the date.

My only concern is that I don't know which court system has jurisdiction in a dispute here (English, German etc), so if it is German I may be wrong. However if it is German, then I would have expected RBL to move quickly as they would understand the process far better than we do and they would seek to exploit it.


That's what I reckon. Red Bull are fucked and we had a lucky escape. But, we'll see...

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:34 pm

Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:It's almost as if he's not going to Venice.

Maybe he's going to meet someone regarding Teun Koopmeiners, the latest midfielder we've been linked with.



Aye, here's the Telegraph's bit on him:

Leeds United are looking to sign AZ Alkmaar captain Teun Koopmeiners to bolster Marcelo Bielsa’s midfield.
Koopmeiners, 22, has been a regular starter in the Eredivisie for three seasons after coming through the ranks at AZ. He was in the provisional Holland squad for the recent Nations League matches but ended up playing for the Under-21s instead.

Bielsa is keen to strengthen Leeds' central midfield. He lost Pablo Hernandez to a groin strain in the warm-up last weekend and was forced to play Spain striker Rodrigo in a deeper role, which lasted 45 minutes.

New England international Kalvin Phillips is Bielsa’s primary defensive midfielder so Koopmeiners would compete with Mateusz Klich at centre-mid.
Leeds have so far been successful in bringing in defenders, with Robin Koch joined by Diego Llorente this week after a deal was agreed with Real Sociedad for the Spaniard. Rodrigo arrived as a striker in a club-record move but getting a deal done for a suitable midfielder has proved difficult. Rodrigo De Paul is a target but agreeing a fee with Udinese has not been easy. Atalanta’s Ruslan Malinovskyi has also been considered.

Leeds have dived into the Dutch market to buy winger Crysencio Summerville, 18, for their youth team in a £1 million deal. Koopmeiners would also be good value but will be competing for a first-team place if he arrives at Elland Road.

AZ would expect Koopmeiners’ fee to break through the £10m barrier, given he is on the verges of the Dutch national squad. They have moved players to the Premier League before with Mousa Dembélé, Graziano Pellè and Vincent Janssen earning deals after playing at AFAS Stadion.

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:39 pm

Good name though.

Really hope it's pronounced TUUUUNNNNNE!!!
Member of a clique

BC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:11 am

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby BC » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:33 pm

Not an inspiring list of players they've moved to the prem that, is it?

On that basis alone I've decided he's crap. I will not be reconsidering my opinion even if I'm presented with overwhelming evidence otherwise


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arnieb, Mustafaster and 68 guests