Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
BC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:11 am

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby BC » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:29 pm

He does look rather good. Can pick up him and white for peanuts after Brighton are relegated...

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:34 am


User avatar
Oheddieeddie
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Tacky with sweat and poisonous particulates.

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Oheddieeddie » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:41 am

I’m not sure what a ‘rumbo al Leeds’ is, but we could do with one

User avatar
Oheddieeddie
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Tacky with sweat and poisonous particulates.

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Oheddieeddie » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:32 am

Anyone watch Spanish footy or know this guy?

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Ponte » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:37 am

Oheddieeddie wrote:Anyone watch Spanish footy or know this guy?

I think someone knocking about on here might see a bit of it.
Conclave member

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:43 am

Ponte wrote:
Oheddieeddie wrote:Anyone watch Spanish footy or know this guy?

I think someone knocking about on here might see a bit of it.


When he's finished telling us what we already know on the Dead thread.

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:47 am

That reliable resource, FIFA 20, tells us he's a decent but not great top flight CB, 25, could get a bit better, right footed. Physical and quick, not the greatest passer: https://sofifa.com/player/212602

User avatar
Tommy
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:07 pm
Location: UK

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Tommy » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:54 am

Seems like a sensible addition, good pedigree and theoretically in his prime. Mixed reviews but those in the know seem to suggest he's merely not been utilised correctly and has been a touch unlucky with injuries. As a third choice centre-half/defensive midfielder he sounds fine.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:58 am

Hay on it too:


BARE-NAKED-LADY
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: LEEDS

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby BARE-NAKED-LADY » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:02 pm

dirty leeds wrote:https://twitter.com/NotGip/status/1308348599055638529


Another Spanish International. Interesting, if true. Will he want to sit on the bench behind Koch & Cooper?

Where's Musta?
B-N-L

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:05 pm

Tommy wrote:Seems like a sensible addition, good pedigree and theoretically in his prime. Mixed reviews but those in the know seem to suggest he's merely not been utilised correctly and has been a touch unlucky with injuries. As a third choice centre-half/defensive midfielder he sounds fine.

Depends on the fee really. I know Brighton's official stance but if Koch + this lad = £35m+ then arguably we should have tested things with 1 last massive bid (which they'd probably have still rejected).

Comments on that SoFIFA page aren't great, a number saying he's shite/error prone and it seems the fee isn't likely to be lower than Koch's.

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Ponte » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:07 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:Comments on that SoFIFA page aren't great, a number saying he's shite/error prone and it seems the fee isn't likely to be lower than Koch's.

He may be error prone but look what Bielsa has done to the former absolute calamity League One Liam. I'd guess this lad's starting point is better.
Conclave member

User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Mustafaster » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:37 pm

He went through the mill at Madrid from schoolboy to the first team, never really made it there, not surprising given the competition.
Typical Spanish defender, good in the air, decent distribution, can play at CB, RB and #4 at a push.
Good enough to be a fringe player for the national side, again not surprising given the competition for CB in the Spanish side .
Top division player, no doubt, given to the occasional brain fart, which prevents him from being truly top class.
Plenty good enough for the PL .
Added bonus is he can play in two or three positions.
Downside is he doesn't get forward Ayling stylee very well, so maybe he won't be playing a wide role.
Decent experienced signing in a position that needs cover.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

User avatar
MightyWhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:38 am
Location: Notts

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby MightyWhite » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:43 pm

The Spanish Stones then. Sounds fair enough considering he’ll like be half the price of the English version
Keep Fighting

BARE-NAKED-LADY
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: LEEDS

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby BARE-NAKED-LADY » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:43 pm

Mustafaster wrote:He went through the mill at Madrid from schoolboy to the first team, never really made it there, not surprising given the competition.
Typical Spanish defender, good in the air, decent distribution, can play at CB, RB and #4 at a push.
Good enough to be a fringe player for the national side, again not surprising given the competition for CB in the Spanish side .
Top division player, no doubt, given to the occasional brain fart, which prevents him from being truly top class.
Plenty good enough for the PL .
Added bonus is he can play in two or three positions.
Downside is he doesn't get forward Ayling stylee very well, so maybe he won't be playing a wide role.
Decent experienced signing in a position that needs cover.


Cheers Musta!
B-N-L

Arnieb
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:06 am

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Arnieb » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:53 pm

One theme of this transfer window is how flat footed the usual Leeds sources are regarding transfers.

For Christ's sake Dan Moylan has been a better source than Phil hay.

I am assuming that the interest in european journos for "Bielsa's premier league Leeds look at decent Spanish player" is exponentially higher than "steve Evans championship idiots look at some shit right back from Carlisle", but it's been interesting how far off the pace the Leeds lot have been.

rss1969
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby rss1969 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:28 pm

BARE-NAKED-LADY wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:https://twitter.com/NotGip/status/1308348599055638529


Another Spanish International. Interesting, if true. [b]Will he want to sit on the bench behind Koch & Cooper?

you mean Basque on the bench?

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:39 pm

Arnieb wrote:One theme of this transfer window is how flat footed the usual Leeds sources are regarding transfers.

For Christ's sake Dan Moylan has been a better source than Phil hay.

I am assuming that the interest in european journos for "Bielsa's premier league Leeds look at decent Spanish player" is exponentially higher than "steve Evans championship idiots look at some shit right back from Carlisle", but it's been interesting how far off the pace the Leeds lot have been.

The athletic might have a pretty decent UK network now but not aware of their presence across Europe? Phil was on Twitter yesterday explaining how the best info comes from the selling club, for obvious reasons (attempts to start a bidding war while buying clubs try to keep it quiet).

They perhaps could have done better when it comes to links to Kent, Wilson, James etc. Not that any of those are seemingly close to actually happening. They were spot on for the Brentford duo though.

User avatar
Oheddieeddie
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Tacky with sweat and poisonous particulates.

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Oheddieeddie » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:21 pm

MightyWhite wrote:The Spanish Stones then. Sounds fair enough considering he’ll like be half the price of the English version


Si, but does he move like Jagger?

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:54 pm

Only the medical to go, according to this:



Diego Llorente goes to Leeds United. The clubs have closed the agreement in an amount close to 20 million Euros. The player's medical examination is missing to make it official.


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 67 guests