Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Bobbycollins

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Bobbycollins » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:35 pm

dirty leeds wrote:https://twitter.com/PAJamieGardner/status/1290223478281342977

I think this story may be bollocks anyway, as the BBC have reported Deloitte as stating "The riches for the winners of the Championship play-off final will be "better received than ever before" because of the coronavirus pandemic, says sports finance expert Tim Bridge. According to Deloitte, victory for Brentford would be worth about £160m over three years, while a Fulham win would earn them £135m (lower as they've already had parachute payments). That rises to £265m over five years if they avoided immediate relegation" https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53637165. As such the story appears to refer to Brentford rather than Leeds.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:40 pm

Charlie Allen, kid form David Healys Linfield has signed. Was mentioned a month or so ago.
Andymac

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:30 pm

Andymac-47 wrote:Charlie Allen, kid form David Healys Linfield has signed. Was mentioned a month or so ago.

Kid???

He'd have been the one sent in the offy to get the Friday night supplies in.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:48 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Andymac

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:37 pm

this youtube video of the boy allen made me laught, TBH, it's a long way from the usual cliche, y'know, the ian westlake style screamer-packed showreel that furiously scribbles out reams of high-value cheques that the player's actual ability is singularly incapable of cashing.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:45 pm

Bobbycollins wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:https://twitter.com/PAJamieGardner/status/1290223478281342977

I think this story may be bollocks anyway, as the BBC have reported Deloitte as stating "The riches for the winners of the Championship play-off final will be "better received than ever before" because of the coronavirus pandemic, says sports finance expert Tim Bridge. According to Deloitte, victory for Brentford would be worth about £160m over three years, while a Fulham win would earn them £135m (lower as they've already had parachute payments). That rises to £265m over five years if they avoided immediate relegation" https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53637165. As such the story appears to refer to Brentford rather than Leeds.

Lower for Fulham because they get £25m for next season of they lose, not because of payments already received (they get the same £160m minimum as us and Brentford but they give up their £25m for it so it's an increase of £135m).

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:14 am

welshwhite wrote:
Yeboah wrote:Question remains with White, would we want to spend 50% of our summer transfer budget on him?

I always struggle to put things like this into written words Yebs, but I'll have a go.
When a club buys a player they are sort of looking to buy points.

A good striker gives you more goals = More points.
A good midfielder/winger creates more goals = More points.
A good defender/keeper helps a team conceed fewer goals - More points.

At the back White certainly helps us conceed less, therefore losing him will cost us points.
In midfield Pablo is our main creater, his age and fewer game time minutes means losing his input will cost us gained points.
Up front/wide we have absolutely no players capable of scoring the goals we'll need just to survive in the Premiership. Struggle to win games, fewer points.

We need at least three players, so in answer to your question - Yes we need White here (mostly because he's aready capable of playing our style of football).

Happy fishing :thumbl:

Yeb is spot on, i'd sooner have the lad from Spurs for 15m. Or better still 4 £9m additions if Ben is gonna cost around the 35m mark. Or 3 £12m whichever you prefer. Or £15m fert Spurs lad and £20m to spend. Or 1 £17m and an £18m.

Must dash.

:basket:
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:17 am

This is exactly the type of thing we need x 6 if you're gonna suggest BW could cost us £36m......Something Bert's spotted and sees something in and not The Monkey with a pins fcking spew ups.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/08/04/r ... d-in-2018/

Just give our Bert between 50-70m and we'll be reet.....as long as the fcking Monkey don't get his fckin mits on it.

Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:44 pm

Palace have a 12 million bid turned down by QPR in respect of Eze. West Ham reported to be circling too.

I thought we were having him?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:02 pm

Might be a London thing. Might not actually be in for him. I'm guessing Buendia is high on our list, but both would be nice.
Depends if we look beyond Ben White for our CB? [Liverpool said to be interested.]

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:06 pm

kennyb41 wrote:This is exactly the type of thing we need x 6 if you're gonna suggest BW could cost us £36m......Something Bert's spotted and sees something in and not The Monkey with a pins fcking spew ups.

Just give our Bert between 50-70m and we'll be reet.....as long as the fcking Monkey don't get his fckin mits on it.

OK, I'll bite. I very much hope Bryan gets nowhere near a Leeds shirt. If you watch the home game against Fulham, all three of our goals came from attacks down our right wing, with in the case of the last two goals Bryan chasing back as though running through treacle. He and Flint were at their peak with Bristol City 3 seasons ago but neither are good enough for the EPL.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:09 pm

Would take Hector from Fulham (Chelsea?) , Reed and Kebano. Can't see any of the others being of real interest
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:34 pm

LSD&2Es wrote:Would take Hector from Fulham (Chelsea?) , Reed and Kebano. Can't see any of the others being of real interest

Perhaps Joe Bryan ;)

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:43 pm

LSD&2Es wrote:
Perhaps Joe Bryan ;)

Yeah, I've always been a big fan :salute:

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:35 am

Bobbycollins wrote:
LSD&2Es wrote:
Perhaps Joe Bryan ;)

Yeah, I've always been a big fan :salute:

:wink:

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:56 am

Bobbycollins wrote:
kennyb41 wrote:This is exactly the type of thing we need x 6 if you're gonna suggest BW could cost us £36m......Something Bert's spotted and sees something in and not The Monkey with a pins fcking spew ups.

OK, I'll bite. I very much hope Bryan gets nowhere near a Leeds shirt. If you watch the home game against Fulham, all three of our goals came from attacks down our right wing, with in the case of the last two goals Bryan chasing back as though running through treacle. He and Flint were at their peak with Bristol City 3 seasons ago but neither are good enough for the EPL.

I trust Berts eyes and mind way way way above yours.

topbin

Postby topbin » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:00 am

Jackie Harrison on ESPN FC yesterday confirmed he’d be with us this year in the premier league. I know it’s been said a few times in the rumours but still yet to see anything official so far?

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:22 am

Bar workrate he isn't good enough yet for the Prem...Bert will be mindful of how he somehow squeezed every last ounce of minimal talent out of a lot of the squad from last year and that he won't get away with it in the Prem.

There's a lot of shopping needed and precious little time to Bertify them.

Time is of the essence, and the opening fixture list needs to be kind, straight away luck is needed again from the off.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:14 am

kennyb41 wrote:Bar workrate he isn't good enough yet for the Prem...Bert will be mindful of how he somehow squeezed every last ounce of minimal talent out of a lot of the squad from last year and that he won't get away with it in the Prem.

There's a lot of shopping needed and precious little time to Bertify them.

Time is of the essence, and the opening fixture list needs to be kind, straight away luck is needed again from the off.

You've hit the nail on the head with all of that right there, Ken.

If Radz decides to take the spend very little option as been hinted, and to just 'play safe' we will be in a relegation scrap from the very first game.

The fans have filled the ground for him, it's time he paid their loyalty back.
Fuck all this treading water for a few seasons nonsense that's been talked about. This is Leeds United not the Dog and fucking Duck.

It's up to the club to give Bert the tools he needs while he's still at the club and spend on some quality players 'within reason'.
We need players that are ready to hit the ground running, we already have enough 'potential' players in the under 23s.

Phisher/Email fraudster.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:18 am

Can one of you Benrahma-wanters explain where he plays and who he replaces in our current team?
Member of a clique

Return to “The Square Ball”