Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Quiffy

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Quiffy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:58 am

sunshine whites wrote:
Ben White was a good find, shame it appears to be strictly a loan, actually correct that MASSIVE- Pontus is one the best defenders in the league, and with a different style of manager has matured into a captain of team that is doing well. White coming in with no experience of this level & size of club has filled in incredibly well.

Daniel James was another good find, yes he was on a lot of radars, but they did convince him to come to TA & sign, in hindsight it would have been better to spend money on James not Costa, (unless Costa bags a few winners to help us finish this season!)

we were happy to bin off pontus because of his ego and the fact that he seemed to go missing in the big games. (does anyone remember someone listing all his errors that left the rest of the defence in the dirt?) it'll be interesting to see how he reacts if brentford hit a rough patch. making him captain will double the dose of negative consequences to his actions.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Munson

Postby Munson » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:40 am

Last game of Kiko's ban. Anyone think he's coming back, ever ?

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:48 am

Nope
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:03 pm

Quiffy wrote: we were happy to bin off pontus because of his ego and the fact that he seemed to go missing in the big games. (does anyone remember someone listing all his errors that left the rest of the defence in the dirt?) it'll be interesting to see how he reacts if brentford hit a rough patch. making him captain will double the dose of negative consequences to his actions.

Not sure who "we" is but dont include, me in that group
The Club will have another massive problem at the end of the season replacing Pontus's replacement

Pontus went in to the doghouse of El Loco after the Vill debacle, frankly I agree with Pontus, fk UR fair play award 3 pints was at stake & we still had a slim chance at point. No where in the rules does it state you have to put the ball out and give away goals, nobody else does it.
The big game was v the Sheep & if I recall Pontus was injured.
You call it ego I call passion & desire to win, whatever, Pontus IS a one of the best defenders at this level, he appears to have matured tremendously and it would be a massive FU if B'Ford snatch promotion after we gifted them one of key & best players, whom captained them, and a key to their success is their massively improved defense potentiality the best statistically a the end of the season.

Not having a buy out clause for White or another proven CH replacement could be a massive problem post season & we get a similar quality defender to Pontus for the 4 Million for which we gifted our competitors. Would we get another fair play trophy for that decision? Id for one would rather see something else.

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:59 pm

#Wigan looking to raise money though sales of talented youngsters. #Brighton leading race for Jensen Weir, #Tottenham like Alfie Devine and #Leeds want Joe Gelhardt

https://www.transfermarkt.com/joe-gelha ... ler/503980

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:28 pm

jackos

Postby jackos » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:57 pm

Not Leeds, but Birmingham just sold Jude Bellingham to BvB for €23M. Lad was born in 2003 :shock: :shock:

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:11 pm

Bloody hell I remember wondering if we had an outside chance of nabbing him. Then again if we get out of the Augustin deal it's not implausible we'd have something like that left to spend. It'd be more likely to go on a centre-half though I expect.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:41 pm

jackos wrote:Not Leeds, but Birmingham just sold Jude Bellingham to BvB for €23M. Lad was born in 2003 :shock: :shock:

Blues midfielder poised to become most expensive 17-year-old in world football at £26m

Really? Is he all that?
HM Collector Of Parcels

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:50 pm

He was very good when we played Brum at Elland Road. Looked a real talent in a dogshit team. I suppose that’s almost the going rate for potential these days.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:21 am

Fuck off Potter

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:24 am

Talking up the price and no more, hopefully.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:26 am

Like fuck he’s playing for them next season. Even if we don’t keep him he ain’t playing for them.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:46 am

I have no ill feeling to Brighton at all, they've let us have one of their players for a whole season and he's been a rock in our defence. In fact they they were good enough to extend his loan here because of the Covid 19 outbreak.

They are now taking him back as all parent clubs do.
My only thoughts to them is, Thanks.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:50 am

Given who owns the club I suspect they won’t be under any pressure to sell.

And I assume he is contractually committed?

So there’s every chance he plays there next season.

Wouldn’t see him starting much at a top 6 prem team

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:56 am

welshwhite wrote:I have no ill feeling to Brighton at all, they've let us have one of their players for a whole season and he's been a rock in our defence. In fact they they were good enough to extend his loan here because of the Covid 19 outbreak.

They are now taking him back as all parent clubs do.
My only thoughts to them is, Thanks.

^ This in spades.

My only hope is Ben has a say in the matter, and if given the choice ?

Potter won't be able to do with him what Bert has/does. Does Ben wanna sit on a bench or play in front of our 35k ?
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:04 am

If Ben White wants to leave, he will leave. Players have the power. Doesn't matter what his contract says: he will get his way.
That way may not be Leeds and it may even be Brighton, but it will only be Brighton if that's what Ben wants.
To get out, all he has to do is say he wants out and his agent goes and drums up the offers. Brighton won't want a player who doesn't want to be there and they'll get good money. They won't turn it down.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:30 am

dirty leeds wrote:If Ben White wants to leave, he will leave. Players have the power. Doesn't matter what his contract says: he will get his way.
That way may not be Leeds and it may even be Brighton, but it will only be Brighton if that's what Ben wants.
To get out, all he has to do is say he wants out and his agent goes and drums up the offers. Brighton won't want a player who doesn't want to be there and they'll get good money. They won't turn it down.

Well, for a bit of context there’s a long history of players being allowed to rot in the reserves after falling out with clubs over transfers. But I think the ownership of Brighton are more pragmatic than that.
HM Collector Of Parcels

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:35 am

Was it Ched Evans? last season that wanted to join us but his manager refused point blank to let him come.

Not sure if it was him but it was a striker.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:40 pm

Gulp

Return to “The Square Ball”