Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Professor Weeto

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Professor Weeto » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:34 pm

Ponte wrote:So, any clue how having the season restart in a few months would go with regards to current loan signings?

I imagine there'd be some kind of agreement put in place to automatically extend such contracts until the 'new end' of the season, but it's all uncharted territory, innit.

Must admit I do like the idea of a technically out-of-contract Berardi scoring the goal that sends us up.

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:35 pm

Ponte wrote:So, any clue how having the season restart in a few months would go with regards to current loan signings?

They discussed this on the Hay Podcast and he said most contracts run until the end of June to make sure players are available for the play-offs, so a 4-6 weeks extension would not be an issue. If the season was extended into July it could be a problem, but since every club in the EFL would have the same problem Hay was certain that a solution would be found.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:40 pm

You know how all the experts observing Leeds United used to tell us all about the 'Bielsa burn-out' factor? They don't do that any more, do they? And now we're having a little break too.
We'll be the fittest team coming back at the resumption too, you can bet on that. [Unless they all die, of course.]

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:18 pm

You would think the authorities will have to essentially roll all this shit on until the end of the season, whenever that is (even if its the day they cancel it rather than complete it). Suppose its harder when we're talking oversees players - Augustin for example, if other leagues take different resolution approaches.

Fuck knows what happens if a player doesn't agree to an enforced 3 month contract extension but they couldn't play for anyone else until a transfer window opens and you'd think the window will have to be moved.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:20 pm

Professor Weeto wrote:

I imagine there'd be some kind of agreement put in place to automatically extend such contracts until the 'new end' of the season, but it's all uncharted territory, innit.

Must admit I do like the idea of a technically out-of-contract Berardi scoring the goal that sends us up.

If Beradi score we're.....self isolating!!
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:37 pm

Professor Weeto wrote:Must admit I do like the idea of a technically out-of-contract Berardi scoring the goal that sends us up.

If that’s not a fifteen point deduction, I don’t know what is.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:53 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
Professor Weeto wrote:Must admit I do like the idea of a technically out-of-contract Berardi scoring the goal that sends us up.

If that’s not a fifteen point deduction, I don’t know what is.

Allow an Educated man to provide you with a detailed response;

Lord Mawhinney wrote:
Leeds United presented their appeal and why they thought the board was wrong, We then had a vote which overwhelmingly endorsed the decision that there should be a sanction. In a second vote the League overwhelmingly endorsed the sanction. Overwhelmingly means the vote was over 75% in support of the board. Leeds are starting the new season in League One as a valued member of the League's football family but with a penalty of 15 points."

"We have an agreement with Leeds, signed by both the League and the club, that they will not take any legal action against us and we will not take any legal action against them. That is a standard part of the agreement that every club signs when it comes out of administration. That has not been generated for the benefit of Leeds United, we've done that in the last 40 administrations and we did in this one as well."
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:06 am

Could do a job

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:54 am

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:26 am

AndyPaul wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52341636?at_custom4=8A683458-81B3-11EA-8E07-419CC28169F1&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D&at_custom2=facebook_page&at_medium=custom7&at_custom3=Match+of+the+Day&at_campaign=64

When we go up and Brighton go down at the end of the season then Paul Barber will have to think again.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:53 am

dirty leeds wrote:
When we go up and Brighton go down at the end of the season then Paul Barber will have to think again.

Do hope Villa and West Ham are relegated rather than Brighton though, seems like a decent well run club, and would rather Bournemouth went down the Brighton.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:57 am

Mixed feelings here.

a) I’ve contacts for Brighton home tickets, although in the home end.
b) I could spend months ripping the piss out of all sorts of twats in the pub if we went up when they went down.
HM Collector Of Parcels

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:26 am

Yeah, would be funnier if West Ham went down, but on balance would rather go there than the AMEX - and retain White.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:46 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Mixed feelings here.

a) I’ve contacts for Brighton home tickets, although in the home end.
b) I could spend months ripping the piss out of all sorts of twats in the pub if we went up when they went down.

But we've got the joy of beating them next season.

Potter's meant to be a good bloke and has york connections so I'm happy for him to do well enough to lose to us next season.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:22 pm

Was reading on F365 that reportedly (according to Damien Comolli) only 3 Premier Clubs will be in a position to spend money in the next transfer window. Brought to mind that we will be in a serious bind in terms of financial liquidity ourselves once this shakes out. We’re surely not going to be in a position to spend much at all outside of wages until the coffers begin to fill up again.

Got me to thinking whether this might work in our favour. Clearly a club unable to upgrade their Championship players are usually at a massive disadvantage, but - as evidenced by the Blunts this year - a Championship club with a good manager and a well drilled system can flourish even in normal times. If the whole league is a barren wasteland full of teams with players who are past their sell by date we could theoretically make hay in the early knockings even with our current team.

https://www.football365.com/news/damien ... -tottenham
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:32 pm

So long as we can buy somebody for an insultingly low fee off of Naaaaaarch just for a down payment on revenge, I'll live.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:00 pm

We'll buy who we want, we'll buy who we waaaaaaaant, we're Leeds United, we'll buy who we want...

Potential bidding war to buy us between the 49ers and QSI, we're going to be fucking loaded.

All rumours of course but it's only 5 days old so recent blather. Nothing denied so I'll remain optimistic.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... i-18098014

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:00 pm

welshwhite wrote:We'll buy who we want, we'll buy who we waaaaaaaant, we're Leeds United, we'll buy who we want...

Potential bidding war to buy us between the 49ers and QSI, we're going to be fucking loaded.

All rumours of course but it's only 5 days old so recent blather. Nothing denied so I'll remain optimistic.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... i-18098014

Aye, the price of Leeds United will be looking like a bargain to someone out there, especially if we get promotion sorted asap.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:58 pm

I imagine they'll back out of the deal once they realise we've not got promoted the right way, and Bielsa has won nothing and is an obvious failure.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:02 pm

Blackwhite wrote:I imagine they'll back out of the deal once they realise we've not got promoted the right way, and Bielsa has won nothing and is an obvious failure.

Probably accuse him of 'fraud' too. Sigh.

Return to “The Square Ball”