Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Oheddieeddie

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Oheddieeddie » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:05 pm

Yeah I’d say White has gone from being superb to just very good.

Look at the stats, how many times has a club scored from a minimal number of attacks even in this shit period. I don’t feel that we’re giving up more chances lately just that Kiko has lost concentration since he appealed the ban. If Barn Door Bammy had a conversion rate like our recent opposition we’d be 20 points clear

I agree with the Square Ball pod, that we’re probably not dropping kiko in case Meslier comes in and a bad game , and we then get a ban for Kiko and get forced to play Meslierand collectively lose our shit

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:29 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Matt White wrote:
rss1969 wrote:Glad someone brought this up as I was feeling the same way about him.

We cant ignore the fact that he has been ever present during this period of us going down the shitter defensively.

The more senior players must take the majority of the blame but defending our box he has looked anything but PL quality.

Doesn't this show how much we need a commanding presence in midfield? The defence have just had more to do.

Nonsense.

Our supposed dominant MF has been out for 3 games in total this season.

2 we won, 1 lost.

10 shots on target against us in all 3 games combined. 3 goals scored.

Wigan was a bit bizarre and the GK should be doing better. Millwall was 2 individual errors.

Why we haven’t at least tried a change in personnel at CH or GK is maybe more the question.

for some funny reason people don't like to agree with yeboah, but i do here.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:52 pm

Quiffy wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
Our supposed dominant MF has been out for 3 games in total this season.

2 we won, 1 lost.

10 shots on target against us in all 3 games combined. 3 goals scored.

Why we haven’t at least tried a change in personnel at CH or GK is maybe more the question.

for some funny reason people don't like to agree with yeboah, but i do here.

Dropping Kiko might be seen by the EFL as Leeds preparing for his suspension, which given the 'balance of probabilities' standard might give the impression that Leeds believe Kiko guilty and actually weigh that balance against him.

As regards a change at CH, none of the goals conceded against Wigan or Millwall were the result of errors by either CH.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:49 am

I like to think his Dad had the biggest influence and said...." You're not fckin goin there son "

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51404729
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:09 am

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:36 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Fabulous news, this.

Unlikely, he’s gone to Luton for 18 months
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:49 pm

I know, I was just trying to give Clacton a heart attack.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:10 pm

KALVIN PHILLIPS CAMP HITS OUT AT EMERGING REPORT ON LEEDS UNITED MAN

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/kalvi ... nited-man/

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:55 pm

the flying pig wrote:KALVIN PHILLIPS CAMP HITS OUT AT EMERGING REPORT ON LEEDS UNITED MAN

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/kalvi ... nited-man/

What a non-story. I mean his agent comes out of it looking alright, which probably means it's his wheeze.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:48 pm

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:49 pm

5m seems cheap in the current market.

jackos

Postby jackos » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:09 pm

Especially when Lorient are supposed to have turned down 10M€ for him a year or so back. Still perhaps we can hold judgement until he's played a few more games

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:12 pm

Watching MOTD Vydra looked good for burnley today.
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

JimbobMaloney

Postby JimbobMaloney » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:26 pm

He's not for us.

Ollie Watkins is more our type

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:26 pm

Ollie Watkins would be a great signing especially with his famous Tom Daly impression in the box.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:53 pm

Whats he worth? summer replacement for Pontus /White assuming we cannot keep him?
Burnley defender Ben Gibson has been given permission to train with his former club Smoggs.
27-year-old joined the Clarets from Boro for £15m in August 2018 but has only appeared once in the league. & in a 3-1 Carabao Cup defeat by Sunderland in August.

Clarets said Gibson had "made it clear that he wanted to leave" in January but that they "did not receive an offer it felt was acceptable".
185 appearances for Smoggs, & called up to the England squad in March 2017 so had show potential with two years remaining on his Burnley contract.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:00 pm

sunshine whites wrote:Whats he worth? summer replacement for Pontus /White assuming we cannot keep him?
Burnley defender Ben Gibson has been given permission to train with his former club Smoggs.
27-year-old joined the Clarets from Boro for £15m in August 2018 but has only appeared once in the league. & in a 3-1 Carabao Cup defeat by Sunderland in August.

Clarets said Gibson had "made it clear that he wanted to leave" in January but that they "did not receive an offer it felt was acceptable".
185 appearances for Smoggs, & called up to the England squad in March 2017 so had show potential with two years remaining on his Burnley contract.

Bot like Mitrovic. Decent option if we don't go up
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:26 pm

So, any clue how having the season restart in a few months would go with regards to current loan signings?
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:30 pm

Ponte wrote:So, any clue how having the season restart in a few months would go with regards to current loan signings?

yeah, dunno.

in fairness, grot/de bock/shaugnessy/lukey million$ wouldn't be the very worst swop ever for jackie/costa/meslier/white/jka :thumbl: .

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:34 pm

Ponte wrote:So, any clue how having the season restart in a few months would go with regards to current loan signings?

Going to have to be a lot of thinking ‘outside the box’ over all sorts of issues, the one you reference being amongst them.
Players whose contracts expire in the summer.
Rental expiration on properties players live in.
When do LUFC relay the pitch - it was due to be done this summer.
And so on...
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Return to “The Square Ball”