Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
jackos

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby jackos » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:18 pm

Bobbycollins wrote:The A S Monaco website shows 28 players, with 7 of them described as striker and that list doesn't include Jean-Kev, so it's no wonder he can't get a game. You would hope at least one of those 7 might be half decent for our level and available for a half season loan.

10 games in Ligue 1, no goals, can assume we wouldn’t be sniffing around if he was playing regularly for them. Struggling to see how he could walk into a Bielsa team and have any impact without a couple of months training. Does look like he did okay in the Bundesliga 17/18

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:49 pm

never heard of jean-kevin before, but he's been linked with wolves, everton, crystal palace, leicester, aston villa, southampton and nice, whch makes me wonder why would he come down to the championship, and why hasn't he joined any of those other teams?

this video shows he's right footed, which i think is more of a help than a hindrance bearing in mind where we create more of our chances. he looks decent but they haven't shown any of his misses, so the usual dose of salt needs taking with it.

increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:02 pm

Quiffy wrote:never heard of jean-kevin before, but he's been linked with wolves, everton, crystal palace, leicester, aston villa, southampton and nice, whch makes me wonder why would he come down to the championship, and why hasn't he joined any of those other teams?

this video shows he's right footed, which i think is more of a help than a hindrance bearing in mind where we create more of our chances. he looks decent but they haven't shown any of his misses, so the usual dose of salt needs taking with it.

Orta obviously missed the 3 hour length Bamford video then............

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:08 pm

rss1969 wrote:

i know it's a big IF, but IF bamford could find his scoring boots he'd be a fucking brilliant striker. i imagine bielsa saw him score a hat-trick against us and the rest of his game and thought he could sort out that big IF.

as it stands our bet is looking better from your end.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:15 pm

Quiffy wrote:
rss1969 wrote:

i know it's a big IF, but IF bamford could find his scoring boots he'd be a fucking brilliant striker. i imagine bielsa saw him score a hat-trick against us and the rest of his game and thought he could sort out that big IF.

as it stands our bet is looking better from your end.

I do wish it wasnt though. I agree to an extent on him that his all round game this season has come on quite a lot........its all about the end product though and he does not possess it

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:57 pm

Povvo officially confirmed.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:18 pm

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:20 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Povvo officially confirmed.

Watched his unveil video. Couldn’t work out if he had a Spanish twang to his London accent or whether he was just thick as mince
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:38 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:Here’s the ceremony.

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl= ... egUIARDaAQ

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Andymac

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:58 pm

Apparently we loaned Rafa Mújica to Villarreal. Name vaguely rings a bell but I’m afraid that this has passed me by.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:24 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Apparently we loaned Rafa Mújica to Villarreal. Name vaguely rings a bell but I’m afraid that this has passed me by.

he played a bit on the pre-season at york. didn't look terrible, as you'd expect from an ex-barca kid, but did look a bit feeble.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:40 pm

The figures mentioned for brit players are mental, 20M for Adams or 16.8M for Christian Eriksen?
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:34 am

Doukara’s volley vs Forest just popped up in my memories, 3 years ago today. Wonder what he’s up to now and whether he’s available to sit on the bench? Could do a job...... :cyclops:
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:03 am

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:37 am

Will be interesting to see we're happens with Poveda, I'd assumed he'd be an U23 this season but now he's been handed the #7 shirt I'm expecting him to be on the bench against Millwall.

Devi

Postby Devi » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:31 am

Has he been given #7? His video announcement had a blank shirt...
I like it. What is it?

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:36 am

He's probably been give the #7 shirt as some sort of PR stunt, we'll be lucky to see him take the field for a couple of months.

I hope I'm wrong. I'm just wondering is he really that much better than some of our other gifted under 23s?

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:44 am

Clarke obviously came through our system but our other young wingers Stevens, McCarron & McKinstry were all signed from other clubs. They have shown a bit so far and I’m sure Poveda will provide some competition. I’d say it’s odds on that one of them will end up being good but not sure which one yet. McKinstry is doing well for the U23s of late despite being 17. Stevens looked hungry when he came on recently but could eventually lose his place to Poveda. Wait and see I guess.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:56 am

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:00 am

He hasn't joined to play 23s.

Return to “The Square Ball”