Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
eric olthwaite

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:34 pm

dirty leeds wrote:I guess Sharp could operate from his current home.

I'm all for progress in employment conditions and flexible working, but I suspect football isn't ready for this just yet.
Member of a clique

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:34 pm

Devi wrote:Assorted Twitters suggesting we ‘fuck FFP’ and ‘get the Adams deal done’.

Shorely if FFP is to be fucked, we’d set our sights a tad higher? Or is the whole QSI thing a ruse, too?

I hate January.

Standard mentality of Leeds fan.

Deliberately break the rules then moan that the rules fuck us over.

Genius!

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:48 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:

I'm all for progress in employment conditions and flexible working, but I suspect football isn't ready for this just yet.

Heh. As someone elsewhere just said, the Adams transfer has him currently as Schrodinger's Striker.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:05 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:As a general rule:

- White car = twat
- SUV = twat
- Bentley = twat

BINGO!

As a general rule people who make a determination on others personalities based on the car they drive are wankers

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:13 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:

Oh I don’t know. We’ve seen plenty of players phoning in their performance over recent years.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:14 pm

Poveda almost done, apparently

portadown white

Postby portadown white » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:08 pm

Perhaps we need to sell someone in order to bring in the striker we absolutely need? I know we have already thinned the squad (Clarke, Eddie, De Bok etc) but in order to stay within the financial rules, we may have to lose a first team squad player (reluctantly) to get what we need - Dallas, Beradi, Shackleton. I don’t want to see any of these go, but Saturday’s performance highlighted the great weakness that we all knew was there. We must improve up front.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:13 pm

portadown white wrote:Perhaps we need to sell someone in order to bring in the striker we absolutely need? I know we have already thinned the squad (Clarke, Eddie, De Bok etc) but in order to stay within the financial rules, we may have to lose a first team squad player (reluctantly) to get what we need - Dallas, Beradi, Shackleton. I don’t want to see any of these go, but Saturday’s performance highlighted the great weakness that we all knew was there. We must improve up front.

We should have sold KP when we had the chance.

The fact that WBA only paid £3m for a better player like Sawyers shows what could have been done.

Ballgirl

Postby Ballgirl » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:39 pm

Guys, Guys so disappointing! Been busy all day and see 3 new pages of posts!! Surely we must have signed Che at the very least?? Nope - just Welsh and Yeboah having fun in their own inimitable ways ....
Prediction League Champion 2015-16

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:24 am

Devi wrote:Assorted Twitters suggesting we ‘fuck FFP’ and ‘get the Adams deal done’.

Shorely if FFP is to be fucked, we’d set our sights a tad higher? Or is the whole QSI thing a ruse, too?

I hate January.

Plus, as was mentioned on TSB pod, our offer to Southampton is already good enough. It’s the fact the manager doesn’t want him to go. Cash and FFP isn’t a factor here. It’s not like the James situation where there was a genuine argument for just handing over the cash and getting it done and dusted.
Keep Fighting

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:41 am

Phil Hay
@PhilHay_
·
1h
Adams is the player Bielsa wants. He was given a list, did his analysis and picked him out. But if Hasenhuttl isn't budging, it's got very little chance
Phisher/Email fraudster.

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:49 am

MightyWhite wrote:

I hate January.

Plus, as was mentioned on TSB pod, our offer to Southampton is already good enough. It’s the fact the manager doesn’t want him to go. Cash and FFP isn’t a factor here. It’s not like the James situation where there was a genuine argument for just handing over the cash and getting it done and dusted.

Don’t get me wrong: I’m not suggesting with throw cash around, more pointing out there are those think we should.
My QSI question was more about could we, even if we wanted to. Transfer of players is it’s usual clusterfuck. Transfer of ownership appears to be following suit.

Why can’t it just be easy for a change?!
I like it. What is it?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:12 am

We're halfway through the window. Chill.

Had Southampton issued an unequivocal 'no' on Adams, I think it would have been made clear and we'd have moved on. That this hasn't happened is indicative of something.
Member of a clique

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:45 am

eric olthwaite wrote:We're halfway through the window. Chill.

Had Southampton issued an unequivocal 'no' on Adams, I think it would have been made clear and we'd have moved on. That this hasn't happened is indicative of something.

Indicative of Daniel James mk 2, most likely.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:52 am

Blackwhite wrote:

As someone (I forget exactly who) pointed out on TSB podcast it is quite different to the Dan James situation in that Southampton are happy with the fee, and structure, we're offering. It's Hassenhuttl who is not keen on selling. Could result in a similar outcome, of course, but I can see why the club are persevering with it.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:02 am

Professor Weeto wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:

As someone (I forget exactly who) pointed out on TSB podcast it is quite different to the Dan James situation in that Southampton are happy with the fee, and structure, we're offering. It's Hassenhuttl who is not keen on selling. Could result in a similar outcome, of course, but I can see why the club are persevering with it.

And if the Soton board is happy with the manager's rebuttal, why haven't they come out and said it's a no go? Clearly some kind of conflict to be resolved within that club. At the very least, it suggests the board remains to be convinced about their manager's long term prospects, even if the team has improved from being abject shite. Whether we get the player or not.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:12 am

Professor Weeto wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:

Cheers, yeah - the last sentence was what I meant.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:51 pm

I do get the feeling that there will be Dan James , Vydra moments all over again this window . Don't know why , but somehow I don't see the reliable centre forward coming in that the club so much cries out for .

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:10 pm

Clacton white wrote:I do get the feeling that there will be Dan James , Vydra moments all over again this window . Don't know why , but somehow I don't see the reliable centre forward coming in that the club so much cries out for .

yeah. our only signing will be another left back. someone in the de bock/borthwick-jackson mould. someone who can't fill in for any other role & who's nearly, but not quite, as good as alioski/douglas :thumbl:

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:31 pm

Between Dallas, Douglas, Alioski and Davis we absolutely do not need another left-back. Frankly I'm fine with any of them starting and it's a way to keep Dallas in the side once he's no longer needed in midfield.

In terms of Adams - ordinarily we should wait to see if he's available but it seems like the situation with James has made us paranoid. In my opinion we shouldn't give up until we get a hard no from Saints. It'd be shite to plump for a lesser player out of impatience and then see Adams go to another Championship club towards the end of the transfer window.

Return to “The Square Ball”