Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Professor Weeto

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Professor Weeto » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:58 am

the flying pig wrote:
Professor Weeto wrote:If anyone can provide any examples of loan players without activated recall clauses being bought by other clubs and transferred prior to their loan expiring, anywhere in this country, I’m all ears.

(Genuinely. There may well be some!)

used to happen to me quite a bit in championship manager 01/02.

Funnily enough it’s partly my experience with some of the more modern games that makes me so certain of how things currently work. No recall clause, no sale. Happy to see any evidence at all to the contrary.

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:41 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Yeah I don't think there is anything in it.

It is of course one of football's two silly seasons every year . Papers print half this stuff to fill space or they've heard something from someone who heard something from someone ......... get the idea . About 80% of the stuff is probably rubbish . How many players of late have Leeds be linked with that comes to nothing or there's nothing in it in the first place . Worry about it if and when it happens , until then its nothing .

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:04 pm

Rumour going around Twitter saying that Angus admitted to some fans pre-match that Eddie is off and Brewster likely coming in.

Probably the right decision but it's going to be frustrating watching him score goals wherever he ends up.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:20 pm

Tommy wrote:Rumour going around Twitter saying that Angus admitted to some fans pre-match that Eddie is off and Brewster likely coming in.

Probably the right decision but it's going to be frustrating watching him score goals wherever he ends up.

Hat-trick at ER for Bristol in February.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:29 pm

With Pablo out he could slot in at No 10 (which he seems to be doing today) so it's especially frustrating.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:37 pm

Tommy wrote:With Pablo out he could slot in at No 10 (which he seems to be doing today) so it's especially frustrating.

I've just said on the match thread, we should do that boxing day, even if Roberts is back, last chance to keep Eddie. Anyone coming in now is half a season behind Eddie in knowing the job.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:49 pm

Sounds like the decision has been made already.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:56 pm

Rumours we are in for Che Adam's from Southampton and Ryan Brewster form the bin rippers. Would that be good enough for us to be considered stronger up top if Eddie goes?
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:03 pm

LSD&2Es wrote:Rumours we are in for Che Adam's from Southampton and Ryan Brewster form the bin rippers. Would that be good enough for us to be considered stronger up top if Eddie goes?

Chen Adams would be superb for us, imo. No idea re: Brewster. I’d still rather hang on to Eddie, on balance, due to how long it takes players to integrate into our system.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:07 pm

Professor Weeto wrote:
LSD&2Es wrote:Rumours we are in for Che Adam's from Southampton and Ryan Brewster form the bin rippers. Would that be good enough for us to be considered stronger up top if Eddie goes?

Chen Adams would be superb for us, imo. No idea re: Brewster. I’d still rather hang on to Eddie, on balance, due to how long it takes players to integrate into our system.

Given Liverpool's fixture pile up I don't see Brewster leaving unless he gets guaranteed minutes which he won't here.

If arsenal have a recall option I think he might go back given the new management. Also talk of aubamayang leaving so could get game time for them.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:28 pm

Anyone thinking the Che Adams thing has legs needs to listen to the Talking Shutt podcast.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:52 pm

metalsmurf wrote:Anyone thinking the Che Adams thing has legs needs to listen to the Talking Shutt podcast.

Still being talked about though . Incredibly I saw mention of Edison Cavani ...... I really can't see that happening , seems a silly one to me The Reading midfielder has been mentioned a fair bit too .... Rinomhota . Don't know a lot about him . Anyway its silly season part 2 isn't it ? I think the club have been linked with dozens of players and realistically most if not all will not happen .

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:54 pm

Seems as though Brewster would be the replacement for Nketiah but who would replace Clarke? Would we just promote from the Academy again? Have to admit that whilst Stevens and McCarron look handy on occasion, neither strike me as having as much potential as Clarke. With Costa, Harrison, Pablo and Alioski does Bielsa believe we have it covered?

jackos

Postby jackos » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:47 pm

Tommy wrote: With Costa, Harrison, Pablo and Alioski does Bielsa believe we have it covered?

Really hope not, but if you include Roberts, who has never looked that effective on the wing imo, I suspect he does.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:58 pm

I rate Roberts but not on the wing.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:20 pm

we could always recall Cibicki.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:32 pm

Player.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:42 pm

Tommy wrote:Player.

I honestly did used to half rate him, but, yeah, it kinda seems like we've moved into bigger & better things, and I doubt, with all due respect to the club he's on loan at, he's currently in anything like the physical nick needed to play Bielsaball well at the BUSINESS END of a championship promotion campaign.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:01 pm

Talking of strikers it looks as though Edmondson is not anywhere near getting a recall back into the first team. Shame realy, we don't seem to be able to bring on strikers from the youth side anymore.
Poleon was the last one I can remember to have any sort of a run in the first 11.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:56 am

Tommy wrote:I rate Roberts but not on the wing.

Funny one, that. I completely agree re: for most of last season but I thought he was superb on the left wing in that game against Aston Villa. I thought that was one of Tyler's best performances for us.

Return to “The Square Ball”