Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:10 am

Surprising that Yebore has his ear so close to the ground in W. London.

Whodathunkit.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:17 am

Yeboah wrote:And..... As if by magic, Chelsea considering 25m move for White in January according to BBC

He'd be worth 35m if he were just a little bit taller.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:17 am

the moneyed team that seems to be *really* crying out for at least one CB [and/or DMC] is arsenal?

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:47 am

welshwhite wrote:
Yeboah wrote:And..... As if by magic, Chelsea considering 25m move for White in January according to BBC

He might not be taller but he is a baller..........

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:02 pm

Chelsea have a buy back on Ake for 40m which is apparently their first choice.

They are far more likely to go for someone who has played at the level before.

Given that Leicester were told he would cost 60+ m aftern McGuire left it's cheap by current standards.

One thing is for sure if white goes. The cheque book needs dusting off as berardi is passable (5/6 games out of 20) as a back up but won't handle the high pressure in the run in.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:56 pm

rss1969 wrote:
welshwhite wrote:

He might not be taller but he is a baller..........

But probably worth a little less after Saturdays efforts

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:30 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Surprising that Yebore has his ear so close to the ground in W. London.

Whodathunkit.

Bit of a reach for that one.. It was on the BBC it seems?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:36 pm

Thanks Dr Literal :wink:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

jackos

Postby jackos » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:40 pm

Mr Reality wrote:One thing is for sure if white goes. The cheque book needs dusting off as berardi is passable (5/6 games out of 20) as a back up but won't handle the high pressure in the run in.

BBC were were reporting a story from the Sun so the source isnt the most reliable, but White did look a tad distracted both before and during Saturdays game so bugger knows, perhaps he has been tapped up. Risk you take with deals like this I I suppose. Agree that we'd have to replace him if he left, be bloody odd if Chelsea went for a player with no EPL experience in January though. Think it'd be more likely they would do a deal and then let him finish the season with us..

Unless Lampard of course, he seems like the type of spiteful little kid who would hold a grudge. :pig: :fish:

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:47 pm

jackos wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:One thing is for sure if white goes. The cheque book needs dusting off as berardi is passable (5/6 games out of 20) as a back up but won't handle the high pressure in the run in.

BBC were were reporting a story from the Sun so the source isnt the most reliable, but White did look a tad distracted both before and during Saturdays game so bugger knows, perhaps he has been tapped up. Risk you take with deals like this I I suppose. Agree that we'd have to replace him if he left, be bloody odd if Chelsea went for a player with no EPL experience in January though. Think it'd be more likely they would do a deal and then let him finish the season with us..

Unless Lampard of course, he seems like the type of spiteful little kid who would hold a grudge. :pig: :fish:

Given his history at Newport (he asked to stay the season when he could have moved up a division in the January) I'm not too worried about White's thought process on the whole thing, I'm sure he'll want to see this through. The big moves will still be there in the summer and it's unlikely Brighton will sell a player who's value could double after 5-10 decent PL appearances.

He looked fine to me on Saturday, he was well over due a mistake or 2 and it's not as if he had a mare, we were excellent for an hour and he was playing his usual role in that excellence.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:54 pm

Yeah I don't think there is anything in it.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:31 pm

I've still not seen any confirmation at all that White could leave for a in January. Brighton can't recall him, ergo he can't be sold, as far as I can tell. Even if White were to kick up a fuss, it's not like we owe him anything; he'd soon button up once February began.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:37 pm

Professor Weeto wrote:I've still not seen any confirmation at all that White could leave for a in January. Brighton can't recall him, ergo he can't be sold, as far as I can tell. Even if White were to kick up a fuss, it's not like we owe him anything; he'd soon button up once February began.

Good point on the recall but if they sold him then would that be null & void as there would no longer be a loan deal?

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:39 pm

rss1969 wrote:
Professor Weeto wrote:I've still not seen any confirmation at all that White could leave for a in January. Brighton can't recall him, ergo he can't be sold, as far as I can tell. Even if White were to kick up a fuss, it's not like we owe him anything; he'd soon button up once February began.

Good point on the recall but if they sold him then would that be null & void as there would no longer be a loan deal?

A far as I understand (and again I’ve heard nothing to the contrary) they would need to recall him from the loan to sell him. As it is we own the player’s registration until the end of the season.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:40 pm

rss1969 wrote:

I'd have thought we'd have to agree to release him or the buying club would have to agree to honour the loan? Fuck knows really, at the end of the day is just about the money, they could probably buy him out of the loan deal with a complete refund of whatever it's costing us and some kind of sweetener.

I doubt he'll go but there's a real possibility he'll have a poor January with constant speculation/accusations his head has been turned, the usual shit.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:22 pm

Trust in Bielsa - he'll be right or he won't play.

Cautionary note to remember to worry only about that which has already happened, when you don't personally have agency to mitigate the risks.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:24 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Trust in Bielsa - he'll be right or he won't play.

Cautionary note to remember to worry only about that which has already happened, when you don't personally have agency to mitigate the risks.

Well, that’s football fandom fucked, then :mrgreen:

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:27 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
rss1969 wrote:

I'd have thought we'd have to agree to release him or the buying club would have to agree to honour the loan? Fuck knows really, at the end of the day is just about the money, they could probably buy him out of the loan deal with a complete refund of whatever it's costing us and some kind of sweetener.

I doubt he'll go but there's a real possibility he'll have a poor January with constant speculation/accusations his head has been turned, the usual shit.

like any contract, there will be a penalty for breaking it but if the buying club are willing to pay it and he wants to go then I'm sure he will.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:30 pm

If anyone can provide any examples of loan players without activated recall clauses being bought by other clubs and transferred prior to their loan expiring, anywhere in this country, I’m all ears.

(Genuinely. There may well be some!)

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:05 pm

Professor Weeto wrote:If anyone can provide any examples of loan players without activated recall clauses being bought by other clubs and transferred prior to their loan expiring, anywhere in this country, I’m all ears.

(Genuinely. There may well be some!)

used to happen to me quite a bit in championship manager 01/02.

Return to “The Square Ball”