Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Oheddieeddie

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Oheddieeddie » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:18 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Suspect after the Derby play off game bielsa wished he had put Pontus back in.

That along with the villa goal were the biggest mistakes of the season.

Opinions innit, but I couldn’t disagree with you more about those so called mistakes.

I like Beradi, I love that he sorted out the shirt for the TSB raffle that’s fetched in excess of £30k, I like him as a squad player

But he can’t play for us in the premier league if we get there.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:19 am

He's in the upmarket Andy Hughes mould for me. And I loved his debut, but maybe that's just me.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:52 am

Oheddieeddie wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Suspect after the Derby play off game bielsa wished he had put Pontus back in.

That along with the villa goal were the biggest mistakes of the season.

Opinions innit, but I couldn’t disagree with you more about those so called mistakes.

I like Beradi, I love that he sorted out the shirt for the TSB raffle that’s fetched in excess of £30k, I like him as a squad player

But he can’t play for us in the premier league if we get there.

You don't think leaving your best centre back on the bench and playing somebody with a history of losing their cool under and getting sent off was a mistake?

Wow.

I don't blame bielsa for the villa goal situation he probably didn't want the hassle but he shouldn't have done it.

You see the fact he has sorted out stuff for charity is excellent and he has close links to the magazine kinda proves my point.
The yep even published an article excusing all his red cards recently. No surprise to see who wrote it.

He's fortunate to still be here particularly after last season but whether promoted or not it's time to part ways.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:43 am

Always entertaining when you come across a fan with a pathological contempt one of their own players. Who had it in for Viduka? MG?

Football would be a bit dull if we had a team of automata who just got on with their jobs efficiently. For me, the pleasure of having the odd Berardi in the team derives from the knowledge that he might well fuck up, but the additional satisfaction that you then get when he does something great is all the better.
HM Collector Of Parcels

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:49 am

eric olthwaite wrote:...Who had it in for Viduka? MG?...

lordy, i'd forgotten about that. viduka wasn't *perfect*, probably a little bit heavy to be really first rate, but for a club that was only ever on the fringe of the BAROMETER places he was perfectly good.

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:36 pm

the flying pig wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:...Who had it in for Viduka? MG?...

lordy, i'd forgotten about that. viduka wasn't *perfect*, probably a little bit heavy to be really first rate, but for a club that was only ever on the fringe of the BAROMETER places he was perfectly good.

I liked Viduka , bloody good player and quite quick and agile for his size . Could do with similar now .

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:02 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Suspect after the Derby play off game bielsa wished he had put Pontus back in. .

That'll be why he let Pontus go in the summer. :thumbl:

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:11 pm

I’ve been vocally on Team Mr R for this one. I’ve not forgiven Beradi for Derby and I’m not sure I ever will, short of him having some kind of redemption moment in the lead up to a successful promotion this year
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:23 pm

MightyWhite wrote:I’ve been vocally on Team Mr R for this one. I’ve not forgiven Beradi for Derby and I’m not sure I ever will, short of him having some kind of redemption moment in the lead up to a successful promotion this year

The first Derby goal was a Kiko/Cooper cock-up, I'm not sure anyone was especially at fault for the second and the third was a penalty given away by Cooper. Yet it's all down to Beradi?

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:37 pm

To be fair, I don’t think Mr R blames Beradi for anything other than getting sent off. Personally I think he was unlucky, he was fouled before he made the lunge.

If Bielsa doesn’t regret playing beradi over Pontus, I reckon he wishes he brought him on when he was sent off.
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:00 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Always entertaining when you come across a fan with a pathological contempt one of their own players. Who had it in for Viduka? MG?

Football would be a bit dull if we had a team of automata who just got on with their jobs efficiently. For me, the pleasure of having the odd Berardi in the team derives from the knowledge that he might well fuck up, but the additional satisfaction that you then get when he does something great is all the better.

Sorry but that's just lazy.

I am neutral on berardi I just don't get the hero worship.

He's been a decent back up but nothing more.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:01 pm

jackos wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Suspect after the Derby play off game bielsa wished he had put Pontus back in. .

That'll be why he let Pontus go in the summer. :thumbl:

Don't recall any 5m bids for berardi. :thumbl:

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:04 pm

Bobbycollins wrote:
MightyWhite wrote:I’ve been vocally on Team Mr R for this one. I’ve not forgiven Beradi for Derby and I’m not sure I ever will, short of him having some kind of redemption moment in the lead up to a successful promotion this year

The first Derby goal was a Kiko/Cooper cock-up, I'm not sure anyone was especially at fault for the second and the third was a penalty given away by Cooper. Yet it's all down to Beradi?

Ok what's the score when he gets sent off?

Watch the Derby last goal.

It's players out of position covering for having 10 men.

There were lots of fuck ups in that game but when the pressure was on he messed up.

No one mistake is ever the reason for a result buts one the night it's one of the biggest and it's the last mistake which leads to the goal. No getting away from it sorry.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:05 pm

Bobbycollins wrote:

Not what I said but crack on. :thumbl:

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:08 pm

Wakefield White wrote:To be fair, I don’t think Mr R blames Beradi for anything other than getting sent off. Personally I think he was unlucky, he was fouled before he made the lunge.

If Bielsa doesn’t regret playing beradi over Pontus, I reckon he wishes he brought him on when he was sent off.

In many ways I blame bielsa more than berardi.

Berardi has history of losing his cool. As you say Pontus probably should have been brought on particularly as berardi was on a yellow.

There is a reason Derby players were getting in to him. He's likely to lose it.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:11 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Bobbycollins wrote:

Not what I said but crack on. :thumbl:

Possibly not - but I was replying to the post from Mighty :thumbl:

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:18 pm

Bobbycollins wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Not what I said but crack on. :thumbl:

Possibly not - but I was replying to the post from Mighty :thumbl:

My apologies.

But to clarify there were lots of mistakes but when berardi made his the game was level and then the winning goal was essentially the players moved out of position to accommodate him trying to cover.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:33 pm

My singling our of Beradi is because, whilst misjudgements do happen within the flow of the game, his error was something he’s done time and time again. I also feel there was an element of deliberateness to his error (though we can debate how culpable we are for our actions when the red mist/adrenaline descends) that sets it apart from an involuntary error of skill.

Just my opinion like.
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:35 pm

Mr Reality wrote:I am neutral on berardi I just don't get the hero worship.

He's been a decent back up but nothing more.

a) Are you bollocks neutral :lol:
b) You have a curious definition of ‘hero worship’
HM Collector Of Parcels

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:54 pm

MightyWhite wrote:My singling our of Beradi is because, whilst misjudgements do happen within the flow of the game, his error was something he’s done time and time again. I also feel there was an element of deliberateness to his error (though we can debate how culpable we are for our actions when the red mist/adrenaline descends) that sets it apart from an involuntary error of skill.

Just my opinion like.

It's not deliberate it's just a lack of quality /understanding of his role.

In that moment he didn't know what was required so was panicking and lashed out.

Return to “The Square Ball”