Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Clacton white

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Clacton white » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:33 pm

Yeboah wrote:We need more than 2 strikers.....

Lots on here saying that for quite a while now . It's true though , and different options too .

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:05 pm

Clacton white wrote:

Lots on here saying that for quite a while now . It's true though , and different options too .

We do but we won't get them, not unless we offload some players pretty sure we're at our P&S limit.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:03 pm

Clacton white wrote:

tyler roberts can play there and will probably be rather good at it as a 3rd option. bielsa doesn't want a flabby squad and he's right, so you've rightly got roberts and edmundson as possibles.

do you have a nuclear bunker in your garden for the just in case?
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:35 am

Blackwhite wrote:Mate of mine used to live in Merstham. Interesting place :shock:

It's really not. It's 2 miles from me - unless that's the reason :lol:
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:54 am

Ryan Kent. Absolutely ripping it up today for the gers. Great finishes. £7 million

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:12 am

LSD&2Es wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Mate of mine used to live in Merstham. Interesting place :shock:

It's really not. It's 2 miles from me - unless that's the reason :lol:

Nah, it's the local characters I met through him there. Go have a pint in the Iron Horse or whatever it's called. Actually, don't.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:43 am

Oheddieeddie wrote:Ryan Kent. Absolutely ripping it up today for the gers. Great finishes. £7 million

Looked good in the Scottish Prem aye?

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:07 pm

increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:11 pm

Quiffy wrote:we've already signed vydra for £7m according to this.
http://sportwitness.co.uk/bold-claim-leeds-tied-7m-deal-striker-championship-top-goalscorer-2018/

Hope it's true.

As someone just pointed out on Waccoe - stopped clocks etc - we'll lose Kalvin anyway for decent money if we don't go up, so we'll get the money back one way or another.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:16 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
http://sportwitness.co.uk/bold-claim-leeds-tied-7m-deal-striker-championship-top-goalscorer-2018/

Hope it's true.

yeah, can't say i know a lot about him as a player but his record at watford and derby is top class at this level and he seems decent cover for our dear departed roofe and possibly imminently departed eddie.

if he wants to play he'd better be getting with the regime now, else he won't see the first team til march.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:19 pm

Quiffy wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:

Hope it's true.

yeah, can't say i know a lot about him as a player but his record at watford and derby is top class at this level and he seems decent cover for our dear departed roofe and possibly imminently departed eddie.

if he wants to play he'd better be getting with the regime now, else he won't see the first team til march.

:D Yeah, we're giving him time to get proper fit! I bet Marcelo has sent him a new diet sheet.
He's a number 10, though, isn't he? Only one that scores goals.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:29 pm

Ha, no. Unless we want him for the play-offs and even that’s unlikely. He’s scarcely played for a couple of seasons and I’d be amazed if Bielsa considers him fit within six months, assuming he can even hack it.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:31 pm

dirty leeds wrote:He's a number 10, though, isn't he? Only one that scores goals.

i believe so.

another player we were after last year who, like dan james, is probably now out of our price range is jarrod bowen, who's looking very good at hull. according to sky sports since in the time period he started playing for hull he's the top scorer in the championship and scored even more than lewis grabban despite being a winger.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:41 pm

Hull must consider themselves a fair shout for the play-offs this season and thus, there is presumably no way in hell they’d sell to a promotion rival. If/when he moves it’ll be to the Premiership most likely.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:09 am

Quiffy wrote:
Clacton white wrote:
Yeboah wrote:We need more than 2 strikers.

tyler roberts can play there and will probably be rather good at it as a 3rd option. bielsa doesn't want a flabby squad and he's right, so you've rightly got roberts and edmundson as possibles.

Roberts has potential but not enough production
Eddie was only getting cameo's off the bench,strong chance he go January, frankly I would not blame him either, shown enough as Sub & in Ingerland team.
Clark is struggling to get on the bemch, Edddie does start so nochamce for Edmunson this season massive shame.

Really hope the Vydra rumours are true, as we never replaced Roofe with a proven starting Champiosion Striker, which El Loco obviously thinks Eddie is not yet.
We never replaced Pontus, White was gamble, fantastic bit of business but he could even go to the Premirship in the transfer window as other clubs must have noticed his potential. When not if Cooper goes down, we are dont have proven CH cover

To close out the promotion run we absolutely need a CF & CH.
We are missing Klit, Pablo, the CH's & KP playing more defensively, chipping in goals.

After last season El Loco stated very cleary the bigest problem was that we had to score more goals & convert more chances, it not happened and has to be corrected to get promotion.
Back to lurking
Attending F1 with The Killers tommorrow then the AJ fight in Riyadh!

Ballgirl

Postby Ballgirl » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:03 am

I wouldn’t get too excited about Vydra - hasn’t he got a bit of an attitude problem? Probably he won’t be within 3 months of being fit enough for Bielsaball - and - when we get promoted - he isn’t good enough for the Prem. Dyche is one of the best managers around and he hasn’t been impressed it seems. Dan James was the loss that hurts ....
Prediction League Champion 2015-16

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:54 am

Phil hay tweeted about Brewster if Eddie goes back.

Clarke is apparently on his way back too.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:55 am

Ballgirl wrote:I wouldn’t get too excited about Vydra - hasn’t he got a bit of an attitude problem? Probably he won’t be within 3 months of being fit enough for Bielsaball - and - when we get promoted - he isn’t good enough for the Prem. Dyche is one of the best managers around and he hasn’t been impressed it seems. Dan James was the loss that hurts ....

Yeah you look at how he has done at scum and he would probably have made the difference last year.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:04 am

sunshine whites wrote:
[quote="Clacton white wrote:
Yeboah wrote:We need more than 2 strikers.

We are missing Klit,

!

:shock:

Mrs OEE has complained about this for years!

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:15 am

Ballgirl wrote:I wouldn’t get too excited about Vydra - hasn’t he got a bit of an attitude problem? Probably he won’t be within 3 months of being fit enough for Bielsaball - and - when we get promoted - he isn’t good enough for the Prem. Dyche is one of the best managers around and he hasn’t been impressed it seems. Dan James was the loss that hurts ....

I'll admit from the start that I probably don't know enough about Vydra to have a truly informed opinion of his merits or otherwise, but from the bits I remember, he looked pretty decent in our league.

But you ask about his "attitude problem". Based on what? The fact that he chose to go to a Prem club rather than come to us? Some would argue that's just being sensible on his part. It pisses us off 'cause we're Leeds fans, but it's not necessarily a sign of 'bad attitude'. Or was there something else he's done that you're referring to?
Re fitness, we really have no idea of his current fitness levels. OK, he hasn't played every week, but he's been training at Burnley under a manager whose players seem pretty fit to me. I think it would be more about learning the Bielsa way of playing and fitting into our system. How soon he 'gets' that depends on his football brain rather than his physical fitness, imo.
As to whether or not he's good enough for Dyche, well, that's an interesting question. I'm often a bit puzzled why Prem managers pick on certain good Championship players to enhance their teams. From my own [fan's] point of view, a lot of them never really look like good Prem players anyway - they're just outstanding in the Championship and have reached their limit. Like, say, a Ross McCormack: too good for one league, not really good enough for another. Vydra may well be that kind of player and Dyche, who has had success with the likes of Chris Wood, may think he's made a mistake this time around.

If Vydra comes to us and makes the difference that sees us promoted, it won't matter a fuck that he's not good enough next year. We can flog him on and replace him with the many millions we'll get from promotion. Say we buy him for the reputed £7m and sell him for £5m next year - who cares? On the other hand, Bielsa may get more out of him in the same way he's got more out of the players we already had. And Bielsa himself was keen on having Vydra last year, so...

Return to “The Square Ball”