Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Chieftain626

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Chieftain626 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:18 pm

Mr Reality wrote:De bock could be on his way back from Sunderland.

The unflushable turd

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:45 pm

£1.5m's worth of raw Orta talent, should be burnt at the stake for this alone and speaks volumes about his footballing eye.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:22 pm

kennyb41 wrote:£1.5m's worth of raw Orta talent, should be burnt at the stake for this alone and speaks volumes about his footballing eye.

We just need to recall Grot, Murphy, and Cibicki
and we're as good as up :cheers:

Just like new signings.

Must dash

:basket:

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:29 pm

!

And Idegushi to play the through ball.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:52 pm

welshwhite wrote:
kennyb41 wrote:£1.5m's worth of raw Orta talent, should be burnt at the stake for this alone and speaks volumes about his footballing eye.

We just need to recall Grot, Murphy, and Cibicki
and we're as good as up :cheers:

Just like new signings.

Must dash

:basket:

Don't forget - O'Kane is still lingering around somewhere as well . :(

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:36 am

An OFK is for life not just for Christmas.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:00 pm

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:08 pm

Andymac

BC

Postby BC » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:09 pm

Woah. That's a lengthy deal. Still it's one I'm happy to see - though at his age a quick irreversible decline could happen at any moment

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:12 pm

BC wrote:Woah. That's a lengthy deal. Still it's one I'm happy to see - though at his age a quick irreversible decline could happen at any moment

Agreed BC, but even if he does slow quicker than I think, what guy to have around, and I think he deserves it after the last few seasons he has given us.
Andymac

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:28 pm

Andymac-47 wrote:
BC wrote:Woah. That's a lengthy deal. Still it's one I'm happy to see - though at his age a quick irreversible decline could happen at any moment

Agreed BC, but even if he does slow quicker than I think, what guy to have around, and I think he deserves it after the last few seasons he has given us.
When he stops playing I bet you he'll move to the training team. He'll still be worth showing appreciation for, his brain and skillset will find him a role.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:41 pm

He really is our Gordon Strachan. Maybe this is his 92 rather than 90 though. Delighted even if I am expecting his legs to fail him before the end of the deal, he's still our most influential player and none of us expected that even 18 months ago when he last extended his deal.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:09 pm

2 years at 1m a year for an injury prone, 34.5 year old.?

Fuck me, clueless

Tommy

Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Tommy » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:44 pm

Model professional with a great footballing brain. Very glad to know he’ll be here for a bit longer.

jackos

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Specula

Postby jackos » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:57 pm

Deal surprised me a bit, especially after he said he wanted to finish his career with CD Castellón, but I guess he could play for them if he was 40. He’s been a fantastic signing for us, free transfer, one of the best players in the championship over the past two season. It’ll be great to have his experience in the squad next season in the Premier League, he definitely deserves to be there with us :thumbl: :salute:

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:14 pm

I honestly feel Pablo's got better each term hereand is performing better here than years ago at Swansea, suppose you could say maturing with age, it happens with a select gifted few.

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:31 pm

I'd happily give him a 10 year contract.
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:35 pm

Yeboah wrote:2 years at 1m a year for an injury prone, 34.5 year old.?

Fuck me, clueless

What was the last dream that you can vividly remember, and what was it about?
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:40 pm

I think this is too generous, by the time of the deal he'll be, as accountants say, ';fully depreciated' and then some.

jackos

Postby jackos » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:43 am

the flying pig wrote:I think this is too generous, by the time of the deal he'll be, as accountants say, ';fully depreciated' and then some.

Unless it's about keeping the squad happy and focused on reaching the goal? The Klich deal was probably a year too long, Dallas as well, maybe even Coopers, none of that will matter if we get promoted.

If we do not get promoted, we bring in a new manager and he wants to refresh the squad it will be more of a concern. But if that happens it's likely both Radz and Orta will be gone as well, we might be owned by Qatar, so we'll have a heck of a lot more to think about. Thinking about the Qatar link, perhaps that's the reason for the new contracts and their length? Maybe Qatar want to make sure all the first time squad are tied to long contract before they come in?

Return to “The Square Ball”