Page 1751 of 1806

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:32 pm
by Quiffy
welshwhite wrote:... he can't get a £7m striker to find the net in the last 10 games.

I enjoy our playing style under him but it's a results business after all.
I think it's only fair to give him until Xmas and take a look at things then before we give him the boot.


you're looking at the negatives welsh and i never had you down as a glass 2/3 empty type.

best defence in the league
got the team playing as a team
most expected goals
improved thorpe arch facilities
improved discipline in the squad
partly responsible for getting the u23's to win the league
promoting leeds youth
making average players good
beautiful football, i mean michelin starred shit being served on a platter at elland road.
there will be more positive metrics, but he's done this without spending fortunes on players because of our stingey owner (if you believe some on twitter)

i'm impressed, but you're clearly a a fussy fucker, hence the 7 wives, so.

anyway it's a bit frustrating as a fan for donkeys years of dross to read moany bollocks hence me bothering with this defence of a man who has redefined football.

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:49 pm
by Professor Weeto
welshwhite wrote:
Yeboah wrote:Hopefully it means Bielsa will fuck off to PSG


It's a fact that most managers lose a huge chunk of their early influence after the second season so you could be onto something.
Many on here rave about his coaching skills and yet he can't get a £7m striker to find the net in the last 10 games.

I enjoy our playing style under him but it's a results business after all.
I think it's only fair to give him until Xmas and take a look at things then before we give him the boot.


You see, this is how to troll. If you can’t play both sides GTFO.

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:58 pm
by Blackwhite
Professor Weeto wrote:
welshwhite wrote:
Yeboah wrote:Hopefully it means Bielsa will fuck off to PSG


It's a fact that most managers lose a huge chunk of their early influence after the second season so you could be onto something.
Many on here rave about his coaching skills and yet he can't get a £7m striker to find the net in the last 10 games.

I enjoy our playing style under him but it's a results business after all.
I think it's only fair to give him until Xmas and take a look at things then before we give him the boot.


You see, this is how to troll. If you can’t play both sides GTFO.

This is it, absolutely (tho normal circs have us neglect to mention the methods of this fisher amongst men).

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:17 pm
by dirty leeds
Professor Weeto wrote:You see, this is how to troll. If you can’t play both sides GTFO.


Someone tell Quiffy. :D

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:36 pm
by welshwhite
dirty leeds wrote:
Professor Weeto wrote:You see, this is how to troll. If you can’t play both sides GTFO.


Someone tell Quiffy. :D

.

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:44 pm
by Yeboah
dirty leeds wrote:
Matt White wrote:The thing is you end up with an echo chamber if you ignore-list every one who has a different opinion. That said Yeboah seems to make a point of naysaying on every conversation I have seen on the board.


No, mate, it isn't about having different opinions. That's always fine.
It's about calling everyone else a thick fucker over and over if you disagree with him - and you can't disagree with him because he's a former professional, don'tcha know, who's right about everything. Apparently.


Evidence dear boy, evidence

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:50 pm
by Yeboah
Phil LUFC wrote:
Yeboah wrote:Hopefully it means Bielsa will fuck off to PSG

Sigh.

I'm going to assume you're :fish: as I can't get my head around this stance from any fan of LUFC, even a blind one can see the difference the guy has made to us.

I'm hoping we can convince him to stay for a 3rd season.


There are many many managers out there who wouldn't get us promoted.

There are also many managers we've had previously who would have done significantly better if they'd been allowed to sign £7m+players and have a wage bill that was 90% of the clubs turnover.

Mr Monk got us to 7th with a wage bill under £15m. The wage bill under Bielsa is over double that and he got us to 3rd.

Its all relative you see...

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:51 pm
by kennyb41
The only evidence i need is we're currently in the best shape and place we've been for years.

From the ground up.

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:21 pm
by Mr Reality
Yeboah wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:
Yeboah wrote:Hopefully it means Bielsa will fuck off to PSG

Sigh.

I'm going to assume you're :fish: as I can't get my head around this stance from any fan of LUFC, even a blind one can see the difference the guy has made to us.

I'm hoping we can convince him to stay for a 3rd season.


There are many many managers out there who wouldn't get us promoted.

There are also many managers we've had previously who would have done significantly better if they'd been allowed to sign £7m+players and have a wage bill that was 90% of the clubs turnover.

Mr Monk got us to 7th with a wage bill under £15m. The wage bill under Bielsa is over double that and he got us to 3rd.

Its all relative you see...


It's almost as if you have to spend money to perform better in the league.
:D

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:58 am
by Matt White
eric olthwaite wrote:
Matt White wrote:The thing is you end up with an echo chamber if you ignore-list every one who has a different opinion. That said Yeboah seems to make a point of naysaying on every conversation I have seen on the board.


You've got a different opinion to me here, so fuck off, cunt. You don't seem to be a complete cunt though, so I'm not blocking you.

See? It's easy.


BLOCKED

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:32 am
by welshwhite
Yeboah wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:
Matt White wrote:The thing is you end up with an echo chamber if you ignore-list every one who has a different opinion. That said Yeboah seems to make a point of naysaying on every conversation I have seen on the board.


No, mate, it isn't about having different opinions. That's always fine.
It's about calling everyone else a thick fucker over and over if you disagree with him - and you can't disagree with him because he's a former professional, don'tcha know, who's right about everything. Apparently.


Evidence dear boy, evidence


I like you as a poster Yebs and most of what you say is right, even you have to backtrack and admit you've been wrong about Phillips.

Yes there was a time a season or so ago that he was not worth a place in the starting eleven, now he's one of the first names on the sheet (a guaranteed starter). His improvement may or may not be down to Bielsa but one thing is for sure he's now a Premiership standard player.
Bielsa was adam ant 'My coo ca choo - 1981' that he wanted to keep him here to build the team around him.

You called this one wrong but nobody can get things right all of the time {not even you} :thumbl:

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:21 am
by Bobbycollins
Some interesting comments posted by Adam Pope of Radio Leeds from Mateusz Klich at a Q&A session last night, regarding team fitness and the lesson from 2018/19 that the season doesn't finish in March or April https://twitter.com/apopey?ref_src=twsr ... r%5Eauthor

Having now seen the highlights of the QPR match, I didn't appreciate whilst at the game just how good was the pass from Klich in the first half which put Bamford though on goal. Class act.

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:47 am
by Yeboah
Mr Reality wrote:
It's almost as if you have to spend money to perform better in the league.
:D


I think it depends where/how you spend it. Leicester when they won the title are a clear example of not spending loads to win it. Whereas the Scum have spent silly amounts and are getting worse. Spending is no guarantee but I agree it helps.

With Bielsa, he's an alleged coaching genius and yes he's done better than other managers. But any comparisons are unfair due to the uneven playing field.

I'm sure with just a little more investment managers like Monk, Grayson and Warnock would have achieved similar results

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:51 am
by Yeboah
welshwhite wrote:I like you as a poster Yebs and most of what you say is right, even you have to backtrack and admit you've been wrong about Phillips.

Yes there was a time a season or so ago that he was not worth a place in the starting eleven, now he's one of the first names on the sheet (a guaranteed starter). His improvement may or may not be down to Bielsa but one thing is for sure he's now a Premiership standard player.
Bielsa was adam ant 'My coo ca choo - 1981' that he wanted to keep him here to build the team around him.

You called this one wrong but nobody can get things right all of the time {not even you} :thumbl:


Tongue firmly in cheek!

Anyway if you re watch the Wednesday game and just focus on KP you will see what I mean.

Garbage.

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:39 pm
by welshwhite
Yeboah wrote:
Tongue firmly in cheek!

Anyway if you re watch the Wednesday game and just focus on KP you will see what I mean.

Garbage.


People see things differently, Yebbers. After a slow start I though he ran White close to being man of the match.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Is that the time? Must dash.

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:05 pm
by kennyb41
Rangers Morelos would be a great buy for Bert albeit a loose cannon, but i love that fiery spice in him.

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:56 pm
by Proud to be Leeds
kennyb41 wrote:Rangers Morelos would be a great buy for Bert albeit a loose cannon, but i love that fiery spice in him.


Yeah, I was well up for swapping him for Roofe when Rangers were supposed to be sniffing around.

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:43 pm
by Phil LUFC
Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:
It's almost as if you have to spend money to perform better in the league.
:D


I think it depends where/how you spend it. Leicester when they won the title are a clear example of not spending loads to win it. Whereas the Scum have spent silly amounts and are getting worse. Spending is no guarantee but I agree it helps.

With Bielsa, he's an alleged coaching genius and yes he's done better than other managers. But any comparisons are unfair due to the uneven playing field.

I'm sure with just a little more investment managers like Monk, Grayson and Warnock would have achieved similar results

We're clearly into "what if's" at this stage but Monk had a very similar squad all in, I think a lot of the increased wage spending we have now is on the youth levels but Monk had decent young players to call on too.

I'm sure Monk would rather have had 19/20 KP than the 16/17 version but I wouldn't have thought there's too much difference between this lot, in ability or wages:
Bartley, Pontus v White, Cooper
Ayling then v Ayling now
Pablo then v Pablo now
Berardi then v Berardi now
Green v Kiko (ok, we probably pay Kiko a lot more)
Bridcutt, O'Kane, KP, Grimes, Vieira v KP, Klich, Forshaw, Shackleton (current crop more experienced and likely higher paid all in).

Barrow, Pedraza, Dallas, Sacko, Roofe v Harrison, Costa, Alioski, Clarke, Dallas was wide options is much harder to judge, maybe Monk didn't use them well although the current crop aren't delivering many goals/assists right now. Current players probably more expensive.

Bamford earns more and cost more to bring in than Wood but I think that's systematic of how football finances haves changed in the last couple of years. Still bargains to be had (eg Pukki cost Norwich fuck all) but that's on Orta rather than Bielsa.

Taylor v Douglas, I'd rather have an interested Taylor (he wasn't most of that season) but Douglas must cost a lot more (and seems equally disinterested).

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:41 pm
by Quiffy
welshwhite wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:
Professor Weeto wrote:You see, this is how to troll. If you can’t play both sides GTFO.


Someone tell Quiffy. :D

.

i was hungry and took welsh's bait. :oops:

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:24 pm
by Bobbycollins
Phil LUFC wrote:
We're clearly into "what if's" at this stage but Monk had a very similar squad all in, I think a lot of the increased wage spending we have now is on the youth levels but Monk had decent young players to call on too.

I'm sure Monk would rather have had 19/20 KP than the 16/17 version but I wouldn't have thought there's too much difference between this lot, in ability or wages:
Bartley, Pontus v White, Cooper
Ayling then v Ayling now
Pablo then v Pablo now
Berardi then v Berardi now
Green v Kiko (ok, we probably pay Kiko a lot more)
Bridcutt, O'Kane, KP, Grimes, Vieira v KP, Klich, Forshaw, Shackleton (current crop more experienced and likely higher paid all in).

Barrow, Pedraza, Dallas, Sacko, Roofe v Harrison, Costa, Alioski, Clarke, Dallas was wide options is much harder to judge, maybe Monk didn't use them well although the current crop aren't delivering many goals/assists right now. Current players probably more expensive.

Bamford earns more and cost more to bring in than Wood but I think that's systematic of how football finances haves changed in the last couple of years. Still bargains to be had (eg Pukki cost Norwich fuck all) but that's on Orta rather than Bielsa.

Taylor v Douglas, I'd rather have an interested Taylor (he wasn't most of that season) but Douglas must cost a lot more (and seems equally disinterested).


16-18 KP I would have happily swapped for virtually anyone. Under Bielsa he plays one poor game in 20.

As regards the midfield, I reckon a 3 of Klich, Forshaw and Shack would outplay a four of Bridcutt, O'Kane, KP (16/17) and Grimes.

In a similar fashion, any of the current wide players are a better option in my opinion the Barrow, Pedraza etc bunch and the improvement in Dallas since his increase in stamina and repositioning as full/wingback under Bielsa is another plus point.

More than anything, I take pleasure from Bielsa being our manager, which is not something I could say about Monk.