Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
dirty leeds

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:58 am

From Waccoe, but don't know where it came from originally:
"Leeds United’s owner, Andrea Radrizzani, travelled to Paris last night for further talks on a takeover byQatar.
Radrizzani attended Paris Saint-Germain’s Champions League match against Bruges as the guest of Nasser Al-Khelaifi, the PSG president who also runs the state-owned Qatar Sports Investment (QSI)"

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:13 am

Looks like the Times article

Leeds United’s owner, Andrea Radrizzani, travelled to Paris last night for further talks on a takeover by Qatar.

Radrizzani attended Paris Saint-Germain’s Champions League match against Bruges as the guest of Nasser Al-Khelaifi, the PSG president who also runs the state-owned Qatar Sports Investment (QSI).

Sources in France said that the pair planned to have more discussions on QSI investing in Leeds.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:20 am

Been pointed out that, for the sums of money thrown at them, PSG are a bit shit - first in a nothing league.

This ain’t Christmas.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:27 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Been pointed out that, for the sums of money thrown at them, PSG are a bit shit - first in a nothing league.

This ain’t Christmas.

Aye. QSI seem to be pretty fucking shit at running football clubs, on the available evidence.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:53 am

We need a Takeover thread :shock:

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:57 am

Nah, we don't.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:41 am

There's a fcking huge difference in us and PSG Prof that hopefully QSI have already spotted, if not i will gladly inform them.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:51 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Been pointed out that, for the sums of money thrown at them, PSG are a bit shit - first in a nothing league...

well, i dunno, they can hardly do better than first.

i suppose that a lack of BAROMETER success might be a fair criticism - but that's a knockout competition & hard to, y'know, guarantee success in.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:10 am

the flying pig wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:Been pointed out that, for the sums of money thrown at them, PSG are a bit shit - first in a nothing league...

i suppose that a lack of BAROMETER success might be a fair criticism - but that's a knockout competition & hard to, y'know, guarantee success in.

Point is that Ligue 1 is a minimally funded nothingness so it’s not exactly hard to buy success. It can’t be taken as any kind of evidence that QSI could float boats in the Prem.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:13 am

They've also handled the Neymar situation appallingly and made all the classic mistakes rich clubs make in the transfer market (too many attackers, not enough defensive players). Definitely more Mark Hughes' Man City than the slick operation Guardiola now works for.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:39 am

eric olthwaite wrote:
the flying pig wrote:

Point is that Ligue 1 is a minimally funded nothingness so it’s not exactly hard to buy success. It can’t be taken as any kind of evidence that QSI could float boats in the Prem.

Didn't Monaco implode despite their wealth? (any club that uses piped crowd noise deserves no better).

Aren't PSG a very rich man's Celtic, with insufficient domestic competition to give them a real chance in eurpean competitions?

I believe one downside of QSI ownership of Leeds is that we wouldn't be able to compete in the Champions League whilst PSG are involved. But I think I can wait for that event to arise before complaining.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:55 am

Hopefully it means Bielsa will fuck off to PSG

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:18 pm

Yeboah wrote:Hopefully it means Bielsa will fuck off to PSG

Sigh.

I'm going to assume you're :fish: as I can't get my head around this stance from any fan of LUFC, even a blind one can see the difference the guy has made to us.

I'm hoping we can convince him to stay for a 3rd season.

FER

Postby FER » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:21 pm

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:57 pm

FER wrote:DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Aye - if the shitty little cunt is annoying you please put him on ignore - if we can isolate him in his own little world with no bites the horrible cunt will hopefully fuck off.

Needs a kick in the cunt this wanker.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:13 pm

The thing is you end up with an echo chamber if you ignore-list every one who has a different opinion. That said Yeboah seems to make a point of naysaying on every conversation I have seen on the board.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:33 pm

Matt White wrote:The thing is you end up with an echo chamber if you ignore-list every one who has a different opinion. That said Yeboah seems to make a point of naysaying on every conversation I have seen on the board.

You've got a different opinion to me here, so fuck off, cunt. You don't seem to be a complete cunt though, so I'm not blocking you.

See? It's easy.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:38 pm

Matt White wrote:The thing is you end up with an echo chamber if you ignore-list every one who has a different opinion. That said Yeboah seems to make a point of naysaying on every conversation I have seen on the board.

No, mate, it isn't about having different opinions. That's always fine.
It's about calling everyone else a thick fucker over and over if you disagree with him - and you can't disagree with him because he's a former professional, don'tcha know, who's right about everything. Apparently.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:52 pm

It's the difference between disagreement and trolling innit. Huge difference.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:15 pm

Yeboah wrote:Hopefully it means Bielsa will fuck off to PSG

It's a fact that most managers lose a huge chunk of their early influence after the second season so you could be onto something.
Many on here rave about his coaching skills and yet he can't get a £7m striker to find the net in the last 10 games.

I enjoy our playing style under him but it's a results business after all.
I think it's only fair to give him until Xmas and take a look at things then before we give him the boot.

Return to “The Square Ball”