Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Ponte

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Ponte » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:15 pm

I’d quite like to see Bamford at #10 with Eddie up front.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:22 pm

Bobbycollins wrote:I would also like to see Eddie and Bamford start together, in front of Pablo, Klich and Costa.

Agree. Bamfords not a lone striker. He's better sat deeper. Behind Eddie would be something worth seeing

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:29 pm

the flying pig wrote:i daresay he will be off in Jan and that Lord Bamford will suffer a serious knack the very next day.

Nailed on.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:41 pm

I'd like to see Eddie up top and Bamford making the tea.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:38 am

I wonder if Bert's running PB into the ground and readying Ted to start, thus resting PB for a few, hope so. Either way there's nowt to be lost now by actually starting Ted to see how it goes and have PB waiting to come on - Rolls reversed, coz it's not going in the net atm. Can't see nowt wrong in that.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:58 am

Agree 100%, K. Give Eddie a start to keep his head right about seeing out the end of his loan here.
We can always bring Bammers on second half if things are getting a little tough out there.
I'm starting to get a little cheesed off at all this inability to take chances.

I'm going up for this game and have a VIP ticket, I'll be having a word with Bert during the pre-match meal. I'll have to hold back and not call him a Pig-headed cunt!

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:54 am

welshwhite wrote:Agree 100%, K. Give Eddie a start to keep his head right about seeing out the end of his loan here.
We can always bring Bammers on second half if things are getting a little tough out there.
I'm starting to get a little cheesed off at all this inability to take chances.

I'm going up for this game and have a VIP ticket, I'll be having a word with Bert during the pre-match meal. I'll have to hold back and not call him a Pig-headed cunt!

Reserved space in the queue at Graveleys? Enjoy the day - I'm looking forward to this one, although I doubt Bielsa will change much given the absence of Eddie during the international break.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:22 am

I've just re-checked my ticket and it's for the Kop, never mind I'm sure I'll enjoy it just as much. Although a Pie is never quite as tasty as a Voulavon, I'll just have to rough it with the plebs again.

I never thought about Eddie being away from training for a few days, I hope it makes no difference to Bielsa.

It makes no sense at all not to start a player brimming with confidence.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:48 am

welshwhite wrote:I've just re-checked my ticket and it's for the Kop, never mind I'm sure I'll enjoy it just as much. Although a Pie is never quite as tasty as a Voulavon, I'll just have to rough it with the plebs again.

I never thought about Eddie being away form training for a few days, I hope it makes no difference to Bielsa.

It makes no sense at all not to start a player brimming with confidence.

So you’re a Very Important Pleb after all.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:12 pm

Dunno if anyone else saw or has posted elsewhere but apparently Lucas Radebe Jr, age 20, has signed for Farsley Celtic.

I guess if that’s where he’s at he’s probably not at the Haaland Jr level.

portadown white

Postby portadown white » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:59 pm

Arsenal failing to score at places like Sheffield Utd just makes it more likely that Fast Eddie will return in January. It’s like a free signing to keep their fans happy.

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:04 am

portadown white wrote:Arsenal failing to score at places like Sheffield Utd just makes it more likely that Fast Eddie will return in January. It’s like a free signing to keep their fans happy.

Eddie would get no where near the team in the league with their options Abamayang has scored 40 odd goes in 70 starts. Then there’s Pepe and lacazette

Terre Harte II

Postby Terre Harte II » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:10 am

Christ almighty. Don't think Bielsa will handle this well. He doesn't like to have pressure put on him by players (or presumably, their representatives, or by Arsenal), but apparently, the pressure may be on.

https://theathletic.co.uk/1313667/2019/ ... s-chances/
The artist formerly known as Terre Harte I. Occasionally posts Nolans videos.

Something-something here about Massimo Cellino, beer and refrigerators.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:24 am

Terre Harte II wrote:Christ almighty. Don't think Bielsa will handle this well. He doesn't like to have pressure put on him by players (or presumably, their representatives, or by Arsenal), but apparently, the pressure may be on.

https://theathletic.co.uk/1313667/2019/ ... s-chances/

Tbf, that Bristol City 'news' has been around a while. [Saw the same story on Waccoe maybe 10 days ago?] Doubt it's really news at all to anyone at Leeds. Probably just Eddie's agent stirring up some dust as a reminder. And it'll all go away if we start using him from the off.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:31 am

Emery has already stated he has no plans to recall him and is confident he will be starting for us at some point.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:37 am

Ponte wrote:Emery has already stated he has no plans to recall him and is confident he will be starting for us at some point.

But even that came with a warning - October isn't the time, not playing as much as they'd like, expecting he'll stay playing much more soon...

If things don't change in the next 2 months they'll call him back, I have no doubt.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:44 am

Yeah, I don't think there's any serious threat here as long as we do start using him by Xmas. And we will.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:24 am

Phil LUFC wrote:
Ponte wrote:Emery has already stated he has no plans to recall him and is confident he will be starting for us at some point.

But even that came with a warning - October isn't the time, not playing as much as they'd like, expecting he'll stay playing much more soon...

If things don't change in the next 2 months they'll call him back, I have no doubt.

If they do then it's no real loss...as we don't use him anyway :mrgreen:
Hmmm.

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:54 am

At what stage last season did Bielsa start bringing the academy kids in to the first team? Clarke and Shacks, particularly, but didn’t a couple of others get at least a go as sub? And who from this years crop might help (esp if Eddie goes back in Jan)? Kun T? Edmonson? Strikes me the former both featured in pre season and is a better like for like to Eddie, while the latter a more Bamford ‘type’.
I like it. What is it?

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:15 am

Devi wrote:At what stage last season did Bielsa start bringing the academy kids in to the first team? Clarke and Shacks, particularly, but didn’t a couple of others get at least a go as sub? And who from this years crop might help (esp if Eddie goes back in Jan)? Kun T? Edmonson? Strikes me the former both featured in pre season and is a better like for like to Eddie, while the latter a more Bamford ‘type’.

Shack played RB away at Swansea, must have only been 5 games in? Always injury related though wasn't it? Aside from Clarke who became a regular sub after that first chance. Even last season, Bielsa pulled from his main established players whenever possible - Dallas at LB ahead of Tom Pearce, at right back ahead of Shack (turns out Marcelo was right after all). And right now, Dallas in central midfield instead of Bogusz.

Return to “The Square Ball”