Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Ponte » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:33 am

Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:
Ah so you have just decided that's the case.

:thumbl:


Nope I spoke directly face to face with another/different sports agent, who told me he knew the deal.

:lol: of course you have.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Yeboah » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:59 am

Ponte wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:
Ah so you have just decided that's the case.

:thumbl:


Nope I spoke directly face to face with another/different sports agent, who told me he knew the deal.

:lol: of course you have.


Not all of us are as unconnected or clueless as you, remember.

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Ponte » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:26 am

Yeboah wrote:
Ponte wrote:
Yeboah wrote:Nope I spoke directly face to face with another/different sports agent, who told me he knew the deal.

:lol: of course you have.


Not all of us are as unconnected or clueless as you, remember.

:lol:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:40 am

Tycipa wrote:
JimbobMaloney wrote:
MightyWhite wrote:Kinnear confirms on Talking Shutt that Eddie and White both have January recall clauses. Even more incentive for us to behave nicely and get Eddie in the first team


If things are still going well in January, we should look at trying to buy white - i like him very much.

Eddie I also like but I don't think Arsenal will let him go.

Depends on how Pepe and Willock shape up over the next few months, as you say, unlikely.
If Brighton come down and we go up, that could be a factor.

Makes it difficult to know what we want really. I guess we need Brighton to be defensively solid and injury free until February so they're not tempted to recall White but then fall apart after and go down? Coupled with that, we need their current CBs to not be standout enough that they can sell for £30m+ each and keep White for next season (a little like when we let Blake & Cresswell leave while refusing to sell Beckford to scunny).

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Yeboah » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:05 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:Makes it difficult to know what we want really. I guess we need Brighton to be defensively solid and injury free until February so they're not tempted to recall White but then fall apart after and go down? Coupled with that, we need their current CBs to not be standout enough that they can sell for £30m+ each and keep White for next season (a little like when we let Blake & Cresswell leave while refusing to sell Beckford to scunny).


Yeah, fair shout. Inherent problem with any PL loan, assuming Jan recall clause is that if they play well:

- More chance of recall
- Value exceeds what we can afford

Wonder what plan b is?

Andymac-47
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:06 pm
Location: Belfast

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Andymac-47 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:05 pm

Phil, if all falls into place, whats the fee going to be at the end of the season for White, if he keeps up this good form, (there Ive just gave him the kiss of death) they could be asking us for silly money?
Andymac

User avatar
welshwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby welshwhite » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:13 pm

White will now be on many clubs radar.

We've no chance.

User avatar
moscowhite
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby moscowhite » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:13 pm

Phil Hay referred to the recall situation in an article this week:

Around Leeds, they are stressing already about the possibility of Arsenal recalling Nketiah in January but his loan deal at Elland Road is like most of those sanctioned by Premier League clubs: able to be terminated only if he fails to make a fixed number of appearances. The same clause applied to Lewis Baker last season and, given Jack Clarke’s ongoing lack of involvement after rejoining Leeds, the winger could find Tottenham activating his at the turn of the year.


I'm not sure whether or how WBA fucked up with Harvey Barnes last year, and although Phil doesn't address White here directly, the implication is that as long as we're using White and Nketiah, they can't be taken back by their parent clubs.
'If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance.' - Johan Cruyff

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:52 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:Makes it difficult to know what we want really. I guess we need Brighton to be defensively solid and injury free until February so they're not tempted to recall White but then fall apart after and go down? Coupled with that, we need their current CBs to not be standout enough that they can sell for £30m+ each and keep White for next season (a little like when we let Blake & Cresswell leave while refusing to sell Beckford to scunny).


Yeah, fair shout. Inherent problem with any PL loan, assuming Jan recall clause is that if they play well:

- More chance of recall
- Value exceeds what we can afford

Wonder what plan b is?

I'd imagine it's more about protecting the player. If the player is happy and playing then it's inline with why the loan was sanctioned.

Moscow's update helps somewhat with the other possibility - injury crises/shit form of current players at the parent club.

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:57 pm

Andymac-47 wrote:Phil, if all falls into place, whats the fee going to be at the end of the season for White, if he keeps up this good form, (there Ive just gave him the kiss of death) they could be asking us for silly money?

Who knows any more? Brighton paid £22m for that lad from Bristol. If he has a good season in the PL he's probably worth £50m in the summer and still a fair bit more than £22m even if they go down.

White has started brilliantly but he's still unproven above this level so presumably that puts a ceiling on it below £30m? Especially if he requests the move.

Professor Weeto
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Professor Weeto » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:14 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Andymac-47 wrote:Phil, if all falls into place, whats the fee going to be at the end of the season for White, if he keeps up this good form, (there Ive just gave him the kiss of death) they could be asking us for silly money?

Who knows any more? Brighton paid £22m for that lad from Bristol. If he has a good season in the PL he's probably worth £50m in the summer and still a fair bit more than £22m even if they go down.

White has started brilliantly but he's still unproven above this level so presumably that puts a ceiling on it below £30m? Especially if he requests the move.


Yeah, if we go up and Birghton go down I'd expect us to sign White permanently because top half Premier League sides are extremely conservative when it comes to buying players from the Championship. I think our prior relationship would put us ahead of the likes of Villa, Palace et al.

Mr Reality
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:30 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:
Ah so you have just decided that's the case.

:thumbl:


Nope I spoke directly face to face with another/different sports agent, who told me he knew the deal.

I've spoken to him before and he's been 99% right. Happy to believe him

I note the buyout/non promotion clause has been reported elsewhere and the club haven't confirmed the actual fee involved.

Fwiw I think that turning down the £25m+ for KP , especially if the primary reason was to keep Bielsa , when he will be gone soon anyway, will turn out to be one of the stranger decisions the club has ever made.


Ok good for you.

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby the flying pig » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:46 pm

We could do with a 'number ten', and this young man very badly needs some first team time.

https://www.football365.com/news/englan ... -city-exit

User avatar
Tommy
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:07 pm
Location: UK

Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Tommy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:52 pm

Could easily go to another club in the Premiership or another top flight club abroad though. Feels like we’ve already got too many loans too, though I’d assume at least one will leave in January. Probably Clarke, though it’s not impossible that one of Nketiah or White could also leave for different reasons. Maybe we’ll sign Meslier on a permanent, though he’s apparently worth a few bob and might be worth more if he does well when Kiko inevitably gets banned.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:16 pm

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
AndyPaul
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:27 am
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:17 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Bye Eddie.


Yeah he's gone in January unless he starts soon. Suppose he'll need to be on the bench this Saturday as he'll be shattered from all those goals he's just scored

User avatar
Bobbycollins
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:52 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Bobbycollins » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:34 pm

The question for Arsenal is whether Eddie developing under the coaching of Bielsa, with the prospect of starting more games for a promotion chasing side as the season progresses, is preferable to an immediate start under the coaching of Lee Johnson in front of 20,000 crowds with fewer high profile fixtures. I think I'd like my thoroughbred to be trained by Mark Johnson rather than Lee Johnson.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:57 pm

Yeah, you'd think that would count, but if it doesn't for the kid and his Mr 20%, then I guess they'll agitate back to the parent club and it will be over.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Bobbycollins
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:52 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Bobbycollins » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:09 pm

I would also like to see Eddie and Bamford start together, in front of Pablo, Klich and Costa.

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby the flying pig » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:10 pm

i daresay he will be off in Jan and that Lord Bamford will suffer a serious knack the very next day.


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron