Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
jackos

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby jackos » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:47 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:The transfer window really should close at the same time for everyone, Ryan Kent is apparently available for £5m now. No doubt he'll leave Liverpool before the end of the window across Europe.

EPL decision wasn't it? Don't know why the Championship felt they should follow suit. L1 & L2 teams have until 2nd September like the rest of Europe, which I suppose means a lot of players that might have ended up in the championship will end up in L1 on loan and as you wrote abroad.

The Tin Man

Postby The Tin Man » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:16 pm

welshwhite wrote:Me: My wife has gone with friends on a sixties music weekend to celebrate the life of a dead sixties singer.

Second person: Honolulu?

Me: Yes, they're going to unveil a plaque of her.

Er..... reports of her death have been greatly exaggerated....
For every step,the footprint was already there.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:24 pm

jackos wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:The transfer window really should close at the same time for everyone, Ryan Kent is apparently available for £5m now. No doubt he'll leave Liverpool before the end of the window across Europe.

EPL decision wasn't it? Don't know why the Championship felt they should follow suit. L1 & L2 teams have until 2nd September like the rest of Europe, which I suppose means a lot of players that might have ended up in the championship will end up in L1 on loan and as you wrote abroad.

we changed it because having the transfer window shutting 2 or 3 weeks into the season was disruptive and one of the more reputed journos you hear on the radio (raph honeigstein or someone) claimed that the rest of europe wanted to tie in with England because they also find the disruption to the start of the season problematic, so i'm hoping this stupid situation will only last for one year.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:44 pm

Quiffy wrote:we changed it because having the transfer window shutting 2 or 3 weeks into the season was disruptive and one of the more reputed journos you hear on the radio (raph honeigstein or someone) claimed that the rest of europe wanted to tie in with England because they also find the disruption to the start of the season problematic, so i'm hoping this stupid situation will only last for one year.

Might help if our leagues didn’t start so early then, Bundesliga and La Liga start this weekend, Serie A next Sat (24th)

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:50 pm

The Tin Man wrote:
welshwhite wrote:Me: My wife has gone with friends on a sixties music weekend to celebrate the life of a dead sixties singer.

Second person: Honolulu?

Me: Yes, they're going to unveil a plaque of her.

Er..... reports of her death have been greatly exaggerated....

Fuck! Surprise, surprise, I was thinking of Cilla :)

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:49 pm

A few European clubs sniffing around Pablo apparently.....be interesting if they come back with bigger offers.

Leeds turn down Pablo Hernandez offer
Leeds United have turned down European offers for Pablo Hernandez, according to the Athletic.

The 34-year-old has scored two goals in two games for the Whites this season, with one coming against Forest on Saturday, and is said to have been subject to bids from his native Spain, where the transfer window remains open until September 2.

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:43 pm

Can’t see the club accepting unless he wants to go home to Spain.

jackos

Postby jackos » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:45 pm

Would be ridiculous to let our talisman go, unless he demands it, but even then he should be told to.wait until January

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:41 am

Seems that the loan issue isn't as we though with the French lad (that it doesn't count as a loan for EFL purposes). Seems Bert is wary of naming all 6 and getting fined......
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:01 pm

LSD&2Es wrote:Seems that the loan issue isn't as we though with the French lad (that it doesn't count as a loan for EFL purposes). Seems Bert is wary of naming all 6 and getting fined......

Yeah, it was odd that it was being floated as the reason for going overseas for the keeper. That loophole was closed after Watford loaned half a team from Udinese amongst 10+ loans but no-one seemed interested in the facts on deadline day.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:14 pm

Clarke
Costa
White
Meslier
Eddie
Harrison

If we can only 5 in the match day squad Clarke looks to be the odd one out assuming everyone is fit.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:42 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Clarke
Costa
White
Meslier
Eddie
Harrison

If we can only 5 in the match day squad Clarke looks to be the odd one out assuming everyone is fit.

It's a strange situation to have left ourselves in, it's been obvious for a long time that BPF was not going to figure in Bielsa's plans, he made that clear last season.

Should have brought in someone permanent with experience just in case Kiko had an injury or just fucked things up as only he could.

It's hard to find a good Keeper that's happy to sit on the bench but it's one of the most important positions on the pitch.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:43 pm

Costa
White
Meslier
Eddie
Harrison

I dunno, maybe Meslier? It''s not much of a gamble to be relying on Miazek in case of injury/red card for Kiko for <90 minutes. After that, if Kiko is out and Meslier is called on, then leave out Clarke?

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Costa
White
Meslier
Eddie
Harrison

I dunno, maybe Meslier? It''s not much of a gamble to be relying on Miazek in case of injury/red card for Kiko for <90 minutes. After that, if Kiko is out and Meslier is called on, then leave out Clarke?

Considering we put Jansson in net at one point last season, having Maizek on the bench is not too terrible. Can see Clarke being the one to sit out unless other injury's happen.

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Ah, that explains Meslier being on the team sheet we all took as gospel on Tuesday but then Kiko playing. I never got round to looking at the bench but now see that it was Miazek on there which confirms it I reckon.

Still doesn’t explain how Bogusz was named but then didn’t play.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:24 pm

Is Costa not a loan with an obligation to buy? You'd think that it wouldnt count towards the 5 limit, bearing in mind he's effectively our player

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:37 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:Is Costa not a loan with an obligation to buy? You'd think that it wouldnt count towards the 5 limit, bearing in mind he's effectively our player

Yes but we are doing that as a method of managing the payment so you have to deal with the consequences.

Phil LUFC wrote:I dunno, maybe Meslier? It''s not much of a gamble to be relying on Miazek in case of injury/red card for Kiko for <90 minutes. After that, if Kiko is out and Meslier is called on, then leave out Clarke?

Would he have come if he wasn't going to be at least be in the squad?

Particularly given his reputation.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:40 pm

The other thought of course might be that Kiko might still go back to Spain as their window is open still, or we might have an agreement he can leave in January?

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:01 pm

That's a fair point although more so for January.

Kiko is the highest earner according to the show.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:17 pm

International loans don't count towards 5 limit.

Return to “The Square Ball”