Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
jackos

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby jackos » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:28 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:We’ve got shut of Hugo Díaz? That’s an odd one, seemed as though he wasn’t far off.

:cry: :cry:

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:31 pm

Struijk is 3 years younger and was on the bench at the back end of the season so it could just be down to pecking order, potential & wages of course

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:49 pm

Diaz is calm on the ball, not quite a good midfielder nor strong enough for a CB. A good footballer but seems to lack a bit of bite. Good luck to him.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:52 pm

rss1969 wrote:Struijk is 3 years younger and was on the bench at the back end of the season so it could just be down to pecking order, potential & wages of course

Yep, I guess the age thing is probably critical. If you haven't made the grade by 22, you are probably best off moving elsewhere.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:18 pm

Rumours that Forshaw is off to Fulham.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:21 pm

Ponte wrote:Rumours that Forshaw is off to Fulham.

Is WW or OEE driving him there? We’ll miss him like we missed Bridcutt.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:30 pm

Tycipa wrote:

Hardly at all?

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:32 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Tycipa wrote:

Hardly at all?

Aye, decent player, barely looked top notch for us. No tears shed here if he goes.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:42 pm

For sure?

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:44 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:

For sure?

:mrgreen:
Hmmm.

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:36 pm

Tycipa wrote:

But forshaw is a much better player than bridcutt.
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Cycling 500km for The Stroke Association - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Adam-Yeadon1
Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:36 pm

Proud to be Leeds wrote:
Tycipa wrote:

But forshaw is a much better player than bridcutt.

Yes but he’s steady Championship level and not someone who will get a team promoted. He’s good to see out a game not to win one.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:54 pm

i think he's pretty decent [if probably not, on form, a first team choice, certainly not for a team with any serious ambition in this division] and would be missed as a squad option.

our formation is, well, call it what you want, 4-3-3, 4-1-4-1, 3-3-1-3, etc, it's a formation with three ish central midfielders, assuming that the first choice three will be kp, klich, & i guess shack [tho he's almost entirely unproven and almost certain not to be good for a full 46 starts], then that makes forshaw first reserve for no fewer than three starting slots, which is actually a fairly important role, not like say a reserve keeper who only gets a lookin when a single player is crocked... if the first choice three each miss one game in every ten, hardly an outlandish assumption, that's a projected nearly 30 starts for him, plus presumably a fair bit of action off the bench.

i don't think the options after him are very good at all. pablo a bit deeper? dallas or alioski central? We can't seriously expect to challenge if a single injury means we have to bring in rubbish.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:13 pm

Lee Sobot
‏ @LeeSobotYEP

Angus Kinnear: "We're very confident in the squad we've got. They came very close. We believe they deserved to go up so we have absolute confidence in the squad, but as always we're looking for opportunities to strengthen. If those opportunities come along we'll take them" #lufc

I think it's time for our owner to just fuck off.
Maybe young Angus (did you see what I did there AC/DC fans) missed the quote off our manager saying the same squad would struggle next season.
We've got to replace Saiz and Clarke you clown. Even if we can somehow replace them (I fucking doubt it) that won't be "to strenthen" it will be just getting back to level par.
Also Pablo is now 34 so it's doubtful if he'll be playing another full season.

I just wish those at the top at our club would just shut the fuck up, at least that way we are not taken for gullible fucking idiots.

It's got nothing to do with keeping the powder dry or clubs will ask for more, that's an old wives tale. Daniel Levy at Spurs will confirm that, or even our very own Massimo when selling McCormack, it's all about how you negotiate.
Fresh on my mind is James of Swansea and Bamford from Boro. We lost a star and gained a dud.....fuck!

I'm surprised Bielsa wants to stay another season.
Probably because he's a man of his word, a top banana surrounded by fools.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:08 am

dirty leeds wrote:
Tycipa wrote:

Hardly at all?

Imagine my sadness. This is the worst thing that's happened in the history of ...ever!

Never mind this being our Bridcutt moment, this is almost worse than the travesty of Paul Connolly being allowed to ever leave.

We Need the Lonergans, the O'Dea's These are the players sporting dynasties are built on.

I would go so far as to say they were all Lynchpins, but none needed lynching more than Forshaw

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:44 am

the flying pig wrote:i think he's pretty decent [if probably not, on form, a first team choice, certainly not for a team with any serious ambition in this division] and would be missed as a squad option.

our formation is, well, call it what you want, 4-3-3, 4-1-4-1, 3-3-1-3, etc, it's a formation with three ish central midfielders, assuming that the first choice three will be kp, klich, & i guess shack [tho he's almost entirely unproven and almost certain not to be good for a full 46 starts], then that makes forshaw first reserve for no fewer than three starting slots, which is actually a fairly important role, not like say a reserve keeper who only gets a lookin when a single player is crocked... if the first choice three each miss one game in every ten, hardly an outlandish assumption, that's a projected nearly 30 starts for him, plus presumably a fair bit of action off the bench.

i don't think the options after him are very good at all. pablo a bit deeper? dallas or alioski central? We can't seriously expect to challenge if a single injury means we have to bring in rubbish.

Yeah, that's a fair summary. Not shite or anything like it. Not quite good enough either. A promotion team needs a tad better.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:02 am

the flying pig wrote:i think he's pretty decent [if probably not, on form, a first team choice, certainly not for a team with any serious ambition in this division] and would be missed as a squad option.

I don't disagree with the reasoning in terms of a place in the bench every week. In the squad in general though, all 3 midfield roles have distinct expectations.

CDM: We have no outright Phillips backup, Forshaw can do a job but he cost us points in that position with some bad mistakes.

CAM: We still haven't replaced Saiz and Forshaw isn't up to it (not creative enough). Pablo is better wide, Roberts is ok (brilliant on his day) but limited goal threat. Playing Forshaw here is only ever about closing a game down.

CM: Klich/Forshaw are directly competing for one spot, not ideal when the man holding the shirt is the squads only ever present player. The shack could probably play this role too. If those 3 options, Forshaw is the least box-to-box.

I suppose what's true is we're a few players short of what Bielsa considered good enough a year ago:
Baker gone but Shack in (is now a fully fledged first team squad member).
Saiz (stunning there's no way back) gone but not replaced - but it's possible Roberts is the man in Bielsa's mind
Harrison (arguably covered by Clarke but seems he's going) and possibly Forshaw.

I'm also not sure who the 3 or 4 kids on the fringes are this season. A year ago it was Roberts, Shack, Clarke plus a number of others for the odd game.

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:01 am

Recouping 4.5 Million for Forshaw, who must be one of our top earners, would be ridiculously good business imo. Would be surprised if it happened though, Bielsa has said he needs,two players in every position and has made it very clear he rates Forshaw.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:09 am

jackos wrote:Recouping 4.5 Million for Forshaw, who must be one of our top earners, would be ridiculously good business imo. Would be surprised if it happened though, Bielsa has said he needs,two players in every position and has made it very clear he rates Forshaw.

But can we afford to have him as a back up player and would he want that.

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:10 am

Callum O'Dowda looks like a much more doable signing than Costa - anyone rate him?

Return to “The Square Ball”