Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Mustafaster

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Mustafaster » Wed May 29, 2019 10:38 am

Rafa Mujica at ER.
Barcelona striker out of contract this summer.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barce ... b4616.html
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed May 29, 2019 10:41 am

Spurs fan at my work just shot over asking for info on Clarke. He looked happy at the prospect of paying fifteen million but looked much more worried when I told him about the collapse. Thanks for the summer transfer budget though, I said...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

jackos

Postby jackos » Wed May 29, 2019 10:45 am

Mustafaster wrote:Rafa Mujica at ER.

20 year old kid who played 33 games for their B team in the third tier last season scoring 7 goals, one for the youth team I guess.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Wed May 29, 2019 10:47 am

jackos wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:Rafa Mujica at ER.

20 year old kid who played 33 games for their B team in the third tier last season scoring 7 goals, one for the youth team I guess.

Correct.
He's never going to break into the Barca squad.
Valued at 500k, 20 years old.
Might be worth a punt.?
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed May 29, 2019 11:05 am

Blackwhite wrote:Spurs fan at my work just shot over asking for info on Clarke. He looked happy at the prospect of paying fifteen million but looked much more worried when I told him about the collapse. Thanks for the summer transfer budget though, I said...

Dunno I've you've listened to the SqB podcast with Phil Hay, but the gang discuss transfers and Clarke and Phil said a couple of things I pretty much agree with:

- Shack has always looked like he'd turn into the rounded, enduring player; more than Clarke has / will.
- Clarke has had a kind of attacking dynamism which makes him one of those prospects to excite fans, but there's an argument that pre-'injury' Clarke just took a lot of defences by surprise. When he came back everyone had done their research and were told 'this is how you deal with that kid', and he wasn't as involved when he played.

Obviously he's young enough to be trained better. Maybe he's also just a bit witless in a Forrest Gump way and he'll improve with experience. But either way if Spurs got anywhere near £15m I think I'd tear their arm off

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Wed May 29, 2019 11:19 am

Teams tried to double-mark Clarke, they did the same with Saiz.

We need that type of player here to create holes for others to run into.

I've said it a number of times, we're now predictable in our play - a doddle to play against.

I just can't get my head around people being so willy-nilly about him leaving. I understand we have to sell to buy but there's a reason a top 3 Premiership manager wants him.

The ball seems glued to his boots, no fucker can take the ball off him, that's priceless.
Also has a good turn of pace from a standing start.
Once he gets his passing right he'll be worth double whatever we get for him :thumbd:

And what will we do with the money we receive? enough for a Bamford Mk2 and wages for a few more duff loan deals.

We've already squandered the Wood, Taylor, Cook & Vieira cash. None of that money brought in any quality on the field, in fact we were left weaker since they left. (A quick mention for not being able to replace Green between the sticks).

Thank fuck we brought in Bielsa or I dread to think where we'd have finished last season.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed May 29, 2019 11:24 am

Yes Eric, just listened to the pod last night... I didn't tell him any of that, just asked about ambulance access at the new ground
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Wed May 29, 2019 12:28 pm

welshwhite wrote:Teams tried to double-mark Clarke, they did the same with Saiz.

We need that type of player here to create holes for others to run into.

I've said it a number of times, we're now predictable in our play - a doddle to play against.

I just can't get my head around people being so willy-nilly about him leaving. I understand we have to sell to buy but there's a reason a top 3 Premiership manager wants him.

The ball seems glued to his boots, no fucker can take the ball off him, that's priceless.
Also has a good turn of pace from a standing start.
Once he gets his passing right he'll be worth double whatever we get for him :thumbd:

And what will we do with the money we receive? enough for a Bamford Mk2 and wages for a few more duff loan deals.

We've already squandered the Wood, Taylor, Cook & Vieira cash. None of that money brought in any quality on the field, in fact we were left weaker since they left. (A quick mention for not being able to replace Green between the sticks).

Thank fuck we brought in Bielsa or I dread to think where we'd have finished last season.

this one's the savvy welsh persona :thumbl:

young wingers tend to flag at the end of their first seasons. he'll be back stronger and better.

....and his passing has been very intelligent in some recent performances, short and long, the lad's got vision as well as a bit of pace. I've said it before, keep him another year and he'll be worth far more.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Wed May 29, 2019 1:04 pm

How many 18 year old kids could or would have scored that goal away at Villa? In a season where we have scored some crackers that was right up there with the best.

I can only think of Kewell who had the out and out ability to do that aged 18 from our recentish past.

His other outstanding display was vs Derby at home. He ripped their RB up at will setting up 2 goals on a plate (thankfully Bamford wasnt playing that night)..............the same RB who is now being touted for a big money move (Bogle I think). Sure someone will correct me if I am wrong on that.

Most young players would not have seen the first team again that season after his type of injury.

He might go on to do nothing but talent wise he is as good as it gets for his age at this level. We should force Spurs to pay top dollar for him.

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Wed May 29, 2019 1:40 pm

Ive said it again, keep Clarke, KP, Shacks, and flog PJ to raise cash, Roofe if he wont a sign a new deal.
#MOT #GAWA

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Wed May 29, 2019 1:58 pm

rss1969 wrote:How many 18 year old kids could or would have scored that goal away at Villa? In a season where we have scored some crackers that was right up there with the best.

I can only think of Kewell who had the out and out ability to do that aged 18 from our recentish past.

His other outstanding display was vs Derby at home. He ripped their RB up at will setting up 2 goals on a plate (thankfully Bamford wasnt playing that night)..............the same RB who is now being touted for a big money move (Bogle I think). Sure someone will correct me if I am wrong on that.

Most young players would not have seen the first team again that season after his type of injury.

He might go on to do nothing but talent wise he is as good as it gets for his age at this level. We should force Spurs to pay top dollar for him.

I've watched him a few times, close up at the U23's as well as his senior appearances at ER.

He hasn't learned yet how not to be cocky. He's a me, me, me type. Too many touches when he should lay it off earlier. It's about how good he is rather than how good he is for the team. He's 18 so should grow out of it but you would think that having been coached since he was a young boy then this wouldn't feature in his game. I'm not convinced he has the mental capacity to be a star.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Wed May 29, 2019 2:10 pm

Tycipa wrote:
rss1969 wrote:How many 18 year old kids could or would have scored that goal away at Villa? In a season where we have scored some crackers that was right up there with the best.

I've watched him a few times, close up at the U23's as well as his senior appearances at ER.

He hasn't learned yet how not to be cocky. He's a me, me, me type. Too many touches when he should lay it off earlier. It's about how good he is rather than how good he is for the team. He's 18 so should grow out of it but you would think that having been coached since he was a young boy then this wouldn't feature in his game. I'm not convinced he has the mental capacity to be a star.

Without that confidence he'd be laying squareball passes to others.
His feet rule his head at the moment, I love that in a player.

If I thought that his transfer would bring in two players to the club that would make an obvious difference to next season I'd drive him up to London myself.

History shows it ain't going to happen.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed May 29, 2019 2:19 pm

Tycipa wrote:

From what I hear from a young lad at work who is mates with Shack, Clarke is a bit of a cunt. Full of himself and cocky as fuck attitude.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Wed May 29, 2019 2:35 pm

Ponte wrote:
Tycipa wrote:

From what I hear from a young lad at work who is mates with Shack, Clarke is a bit of a cunt. Full of himself and cocky as fuck attitude.

So the comparison to Kewell even more apt :D

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Wed May 29, 2019 2:43 pm

Like to keep them both, but for me Shackleton looks a much better prospect right now.
Anything north of 15m, snatch their hands off.
He'll rot in the stiffs at City or Cherlsea.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Wed May 29, 2019 2:55 pm

Yep, he probably is a bit over confident but a full pre-season with the 1st time should bring more awareness out of him.

It is a mute point anyway if he is to be sold lets cash in to the max.

I can not see it developing his career unless we loan him back for the season, which would be a nice option.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed May 29, 2019 3:41 pm

rss1969 wrote:Yep, he probably is a bit over confident but a full pre-season with the 1st time should bring more awareness out of him.

I can not see it developing his career unless we loan him back for the season, which would be a nice option.

No, it's not.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Wed May 29, 2019 3:51 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
rss1969 wrote:Yep, he probably is a bit over confident but a full pre-season with the 1st time should bring more awareness out of him.

No, it's not.

Shome mishtake, shurely? Ed.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Wed May 29, 2019 4:02 pm

dirty leeds wrote:

No, it's not.

I stand corrected

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Wed May 29, 2019 4:11 pm

The reality of finances in champ. mean if any club come with a decent offer for any player then it will need to be seriously considered.

The player will obviously want to go. The club needs the fee.

I don’t think Clarke as he is will command anywhere near the fee some think he will.

Return to “The Square Ball”